• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A well-known Australian Muslim cleric has called for the beheading of Dutch anti-Islamic politician Geert Wilders, a newspaper said on Friday. Wilders' Freedom Party scored the biggest gains in June 9 polls and is currently negotiating to form a new minority government with the Liberals and Christian Democrats. Polls show Wilders would win a new election if one were called now.

Wilders demanded to know why he had learnt about the threat from the newspaper and not from Dutch authorities who are guarding him after a film and remarks he made angered Muslims around the world.

Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician - Yahoo! News

Color me shocked. It is pretty sad the Dutch authorities didn't bother to notify him of this threat.

I think Islam is showing its true colors through all of this. Freedom of speech, tolerance and understanding are 3 traits this *religion* just doesn't understand.

What an ass.

Oh that's classic.

"We're intolerantly intolerant of intolerance but demand others be tolerant of us!"

Very typical in ANY aspect of religion-tiffs. . . it seems that "off with their heads!" is a knee-jerk reaction. Or so history tells me.

Where's the Diet of Worms when you need it?

I think Islam is showing its true colors through all of this. Freedom of speech, tolerance and understanding are 3 traits this *religion* just doesn't understand.

I'll be sure to judge all of Christianity by the actions of extremists in that religion, such as the Westboro Baptist Church and abortion clinic bombers.

I'll be sure to judge all of Christianity by the actions of extremists in that religion, such as the Westboro Baptist Church and abortion clinic bombers.

FWIW, Bin Laden is to Muhammed what Mother Theresa is to Christ. Both reflect the teachings of the founders of their faith. Ignore the truth about Islam at your peril. Muhammed was Islam in it's original form and he was pretty much a murdering, terrorist himself.

FWIW, Bin Laden is to Muhammed what Mother Theresa is to Christ. Both reflect the teachings of the founders of their faith. Ignore the truth about Islam at your peril. Muhammed was Islam in it's original form and he was pretty much a murdering, terrorist himself.

While I love a good religion-bashing - I'm not chiming in for that.

Mother Theresa is not at all comparible in any way to Bin Laden - their position in their 'area of specialty' - their purpose and focus in life - all that stuff - really divides them.

Mother Theresa is not at all comparible in any way to Bin Laden - their position in their 'area of specialty' - their purpose and focus in life - all that stuff - really divides them.

One could argue I believe that both people represented a minority of the religion as a whole.

Anytime you want to compare voilent acts by declared Christians and Muslims in the last 100 years let me know.

Its incredible people still make this rediculus comparison.

Your comments remind me of the people of Pharoah during Moses's time...they use magic to fool everyone..what ur sayign is all a smokescreen..

you dont know anythign about Islam...continue on with ur rantings.

Madame Aunt Spiker - Geert's controversial 2008 film about Islam in the Netherlands, Fitna is one of the ways to counter the spread of violent ideology - by exposing it for what it is.

Where is the moral outrage when Sharia laws are used to justify the honor rape of hundreds of women in Pakistan?

Your comments remind me of the people of Pharoah during Moses's time...they use magic to fool everyone..what ur sayign is all a smokescreen..

you dont know anythign about Islam...continue on with ur rantings.

Please, tell me? There are many huge differences between the Christian Bible and the Muslm Koran. The Koran teaches that Muslims are superior to all others, that some religions are not even allowed to exist (all except Christian and Jew), and that in a Muslim world, Christians and Jews are 2nd class citizens.

Counter that

Please, tell me? There are many huge differences between the Christian Bible and the Muslm Koran. The Koran teaches that Muslims are superior to all others, that some religions are not even allowed to exist (all except Christian and Jew), and that in a Muslim world, Christians and Jews are 2nd class citizens.

Counter that

Christianity says anyone who does not accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior goes to hell, and commands its followers to go out and convert people to Christianity.

Your turn.

Christianity says anyone who does not accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior goes to hell, and commands its followers to go out and convert people to Christianity.

Your turn.
Are you comparing beheadings to trying to convert someone to a certain religion?
When was the last time a christian called for a beheading for something negative said about its religion?

Your turn.

NP.....

Deuce, I truly think you should step away from this thread while you still can, dude (seriously)

There is not a single passage in the Old Testament that can be used to or interpreted as saying "Go convert the heathen and kill him if he says no!"

Neither the Old Testament or the New contain a single instance of anyone being forced to convert, or a single command to forcibly spread the religion. Not one.

This is an essential difference between Judaism and Christianity, and Islam. A Jew or a Christian can get all uppity and say he's doing it for God. But there is no scriptural basis for doing it and the argument has always failed when confronted with the source documents. Not so for Islam.

If this thread keeps going the way it's going then perhaps:

1: Maybe it belongs in the religion section better?

and

2: It will be quite an interesting read.

As to the OP....is anyone really that surprised? There's always some muslim cleric or a mass of muslims calling for someones life just because that person said something about the muslim religion that they didn't like. /yawn /not new news.

:lol: I'm pretty sure this cleric is the same fellow that said women are 'uncovered pieces of meat' and deserve to be raped, and, despite what some will say, the Muslim community has denounced him as a radical.

This is an essential difference between Judaism and Christianity, and Islam. A Jew or a Christian can get all uppity and say he's doing it for God. But there is no scriptural basis for doing it and the argument has always failed when confronted with the source documents. Not so for Islam.

The Old Testament seems quite compatible with the violent tendencies of the wildest Islamists. No Biblical justification for barbarity?

"If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you." Deuteronomy 22:23

The Old Testament seems quite compatible with the violent tendencies of the wildest Islamists. No Biblical justification for barbarity?

"If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you." Deuteronomy 22:23

God didn't command any murders in Deuteronomy. Laws and punishments were given. The Ten Commandments do not contain any commands to kill.

God didn't command any murders in Deuteronomy. Laws and punishments were given. The Ten Commandments do not contain any commands to kill.

Can't you read? These are God's commandments. The Famous Ten are not the only ones, would that they were. What element of this commandment is unclear or equivocal?

Can't you read? These are God's commandments. The Famous Ten are not the only ones, would that they were. What element of this commandment is unclear or equivocal?

The Bible has a lot of violence, but it is presented as history for the most part, not as a command. The laws in Deuteronomy include capital punishment for some crimes, but while God commands the Israelites to kill everyone when they were conquering Canaan, he doesn't tell them to continue doing it to everyone or even anyone else. It records a historical event, not an ongoing command. No one cites Exodus or Joshua as justification for killing off all of the Arabs in the Palestinian territories, Syria, etc. The plagues on Egypt are not construed as permission to kill Egyptians.

The new testament confines its divine violence to Revelations, something that will come. Certainly not a command to do it now.

When reading the Bible it helps to look at and differentiate between historical accounts, prophecy (which frequently uses language that is less than clear) and ongoing commands.

As an example, the laws in Deuteronomy require a little thought. The behavioral crime or sin described is for the most part, still a sin or a crime. But the punishment was a civil punishment, not divine. The new Testament went on to clarify that civil punishments are up to the state, God will handle the divine end of things.

The Bible has a lot of violence, but it is presented as history for the most part, not as a command. The laws in Deuteronomy include capital punishment for some crimes, but while God commands the Israelites to kill everyone when they were conquering Canaan, he doesn't tell them to continue doing it to everyone or even anyone else. It records a historical event, not an ongoing command. No one cites Exodus or Joshua as justification for killing off all of the Arabs in the Palestinian territories, Syria, etc. The plagues on Egypt are not construed as permission to kill Egyptians.

The new testament confines its divine violence to Revelations, something that will come. Certainly not a command to do it now.

When reading the Bible it helps to look at and differentiate between historical accounts, prophecy (which frequently uses language that is less than clear) and ongoing commands.

As an example, the laws in Deuteronomy require a little thought. The behavioral crime or sin described is for the most part, still a sin or a crime. But the punishment was a civil punishment, not divine. The new Testament went on to clarify that civil punishments are up to the state, God will handle the divine end of things.

That's a very retrospective interpretation. In Old Testament, allowing sinners to be brought misfortune down on the community. Natural disasters, for example. Israel and Judah were theocratic governments, so the difference between 'civil' and 'divine' punishment was blurry.

Last edited:

Good ole Moses and his sermons! He tried to get everyone *on board* har har - pun intended. *rimshot*

In response to Moses' teachings this happened:

John 8 said:
1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

The Bible's complex - nothing's easy to peg for/against it's statements and beliefs.

In the Christian Bible the New Testament, crucifixion and ressurection (among other things - written about in Mathew and Mark) takes place/are different - this is where the Bible *changes* and alters it's course. Instead of the "old testament things" there is a new belief and value given to life and so forth *because* of Christ's crucifixion.

the Old Rules, laws and regulations, essentially, are no longer applicable post Crucifixion and there's a huge effort by Jesus and his disciples to see to it that things progress in this new direction. . . and no longer exist as they once were.

Now - I'll wander off. I get miffed when I have to resort to bible gateway to intercede on behalf of religion.
HRMPH!!

Last edited:
Anytime you want to compare voilent acts by declared Christians and Muslims in the last 100 years let me know.

Its incredible people still make this rediculus comparison.

You mean like the American Evangelicals who supported the Ugandan bill that would hang "repeat homosexual offenders"?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html

Have you forgotten Northern Ireland (Protestants vs. Catholics)? 3,000 to 4,000 killed?

The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda (a Christian separatist group - ironic, I suppose given the previous link about Uganda) is estimated to have killed as many as 20,000 and are well-known for kidnapping children for their army.

Lord's Resistance Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The KKK (especially in its early inception) was a (in their minds) very Christian organization (estimated death toll according to the SPLC, 4,000 to 5,000)

You can certainly argue that none of these groups are truly Christian (fairly so), but if you do that, then you must accept that Muslim extremists don't represent the truth of Islam.

But yes, this douchebag should be punished and he's an ass. So is Fred Phelps.

Back
Top Bottom