• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Brotherhood wages war on Christians

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
As violence envelops Egypt, Christians are paying a heavy price with scores of their most sacred buildings and monuments being systematically destroyed by members of the Muslim Brotherhood in what one Coptic leader called an attempt at ethnic cleansing.
The group, which is clashing with the military throughout the North African nation, has zeroed in on Christians since the Muslim Brotherhood-backed administration of Mohamed Morsi was ousted on July 3. The military removed him from power after he imposed several sweeping constitutional changes that appeared to put the nation of 90 million on a path toward Islamist rule

Read more: Egyptian Christians returned to worship in church destroyed by Muslim Brotherhood | Fox News

Religion of Peace.

Paternalism at work.

Heya Diogenes. :2wave: Yep we have it up here too.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/afric...-hit-christian-churches-2.html#post1062205398

Also, the Syrians are saying the same thing.

Syrian government backs decision to oust Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood.....

Syria’s embattled government applauded Egypt’s security forces for their crackdown against the Muslim Brotherhood, saying Damascus wanted to restore diplomatic ties cut by Egypt’s former Islamist regime.

Speaking about the situation in Egypt, Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad condemned the Muslim Brotherhood and ousted former President Mohamed Morsi, saying “the Brotherhood never believed in democracy. Everybody knows this

We believe that the tens of millions who came out on June 30 to denounce the Muslim Brotherhood reflect the real intentions and the real aspirations of the Egyptian people,” Mekdad said in an interview with Stars and Stripes.

He praised the Egyptian military for moving against the Muslim Brotherhood, saying it was forced to act “against these fanatics ... who under the presidency of Morsi tried to control all aspects of life in Egypt.”

The burning of churches across Egypt that followed the bloodshed of recent days reflected what is happening in Syria, Mekdad said, where armed jihadists are increasingly targeting the country’s Christian minority, which makes up about 10 percent of Syria’s 23 million people.

“Our main concern is to restore relations that existed between Egypt and Syria,” he said. “Once Egypt and Syria are in the leading seat, stability and prosperity will return to the (Middle East).”.....snip~

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...t-morsi-and-general-al-sisi-vow-death-10.html

..and yet when I posted http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...has-gop-joined-al-qaeda-5.html#post1062207294 I was accusede iof bering a left-wing partisan hack.

We really need some consistency...

Heya SB :2wave: .....yeah I saw that. Course if we look back at before Kerry became SOS. Then took a look at who was writing out legislation for that nation building in the ME and Egypt being set up with a Democracy. Then it would seem your answer concerning the GOP would need the flip side to the coin.

Both Neo Cons and Neo Libs have been outwitted, out-played, and out foxed by those aligned to AQ. Country or Organizations.

Heya SB :2wave: .....yeah I saw that. Course if we look back at before Kerry became SOS. Then took a look at who was writing out legislation for that nation building in the ME and Egypt being set up with a Democracy. Then it would seem your answer concerning the GOP would need the flip side to the coin.

Both Neo Cons and Neo Libs have been outwitted, out-played, and out foxed by those aligned to AQ. Country or Organizations.

Yes, you're right. Still, did you see the reaction when I pointed that out? If Obama didn't object in this one specific case then the Righties jump on to the opposite side without any kind of reasonable rationale.

AQ doesn't need to out-maneuver us. We do it to ourselves.

Yes, you're right. Still, did you see the reaction when I pointed that out? If Obama didn't object in this one specific case then the Righties jump on to the opposite side without any kind of reasonable rationale.

AQ doesn't need to out-maneuver us. We do it to ourselves.

But not really as McCain came out and said he stood with Obama on this. Which means Team Obama has taken the stance and McCain will give support. Again goes back to the Same Bird.....just different wings.

As to AQ.....seems they can play with our heads at anytime now.

Could have to do something with our Pols who have been around for 25 years or longer. Course now with Johnny Quest McCain, I have said they do need to have him take a psychological and set him out for pasture.

But not really as McCain came out and said he stood with Obama on this. Which means Team Obama has taken the stance and McCain will give support. Again goes back to the Same Bird.....just different wings.

As to AQ.....seems they can play with our heads at anytime now.

Could have to do something with our Pols who have been around for 25 years or longer. Course now with Johnny Quest McCain, I have said they do need to have him take a psychological and set him out for pasture.

This was one of the news articles I was referring to:
US Senator John McCain, who called for suspending the $1.3 billion in annual aid to the military after it overthrew Morsi in early July, said Washington risked losing credibility if it continued to turn a blind eye to the bloody crackdown.

This was one of the news articles I was referring to:

Well, last week he was making the rounds on the Sunday talk shows.....talking about how he stood with Obama on the issue of Egypt. But when asked if we should pull aid to Egypt due to the Law. He refused to answer that question. Schucked, jived, and then did the double dribble.

It's a disgrace and it's an even greater disgrace that the American President has come out on the side of the ethnic cleansers.
Barack Obama said:
Let me say that the Egyptian people deserve better than what we've seen over the last several days. And to the Egyptian people, let me say the cycle of violence and escalation needs to stop. We call on the Egyptian authorities to respect the universal rights of the people. We call on those who are protesting to do so peacefully and condemn the attacks that we've seen by protesters, including on churches.

We believe that the state of emergency should be lifted that the process of national reconciliation should begin, that all parties need to have a voice in Egypt's future. That the rights of women and religious minorities should be respected and the commitments must be kept to pursue transparent reforms to the constitution and democratic elections of a parliament and a president.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

He missed Gays and school uniforms.

Heya Grant. :2wave: Do you think he should have called the MB out by Name Specifically? My thinking is if he can explain in some interview and use their name. Then he should be able to Call them out. Especially knowing what they are doing.

Heya Grant. :2wave: Do you think he should have called the MB out by Name Specifically? My thinking is if he can explain in some interview and use their name. Then he should be able to Call them out. Especially knowing what they are doing.

He, his vice Prez and his former Secretary of State have made some comments on the Middle East which have been publicized elsewhere. If it wasn't so serious it would be comical. It's a Peter Sellers movie.

The Obama administration

Muslim Brotherhood- President Barack Obama? | Prophecy

He, his vice Prez and his former Secretary of State have made some comments on the Middle East which have been publicized elsewhere. If it wasn't so serious it would be comical. It's a Peter Sellers movie.

The Obama administration

Muslim Brotherhood- President Barack Obama? | Prophecy

Yeah I know.....but there is a major difference if he says so In the All Seeing EYE.
icon_cyclops_ani.gif

Why is it that Obama only trotted out the platitudes when the Muslim Brotherhood was deposed? Did he make such comments when the MB were marginalizing other religious groups and the opposition? Was Obama out there speaking against the MB tossing out the Egyptian parliament, tearing up the constitution and replacing it with islamo-fascism, attacking Cryptic Christians? No, MB's in charge, everything was fine, let's play golf!!

It boggles the mind how so many Americans are in a trance when it comes to Obama.

Why is it that Obama only trotted out the platitudes when the Muslim Brotherhood was deposed? Did he make such comments when the MB were marginalizing other religious groups and the opposition? Was Obama out there speaking against the MB tossing out the Egyptian parliament, tearing up the constitution and replacing it with islamo-fascism, attacking Cryptic Christians? No, MB's in charge, everything was fine, let's play golf!!

It boggles the mind how so many Americans are in a trance when it comes to Obama.

I would only change that to Left Wing Americans. The smarter ones know whats going on.

And why should we care..............??????

How about all you "conservatives" worry about what is infront of your face. The USA.

That or how is that $2 TRILLION investment in Iraq going? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

See the USA was only smart once.

From 1914 to 1917. Let them all kill themselves and we dont care on this side of the ocean.

Last edited:
And why should we care..............??????

How about all you "conservatives" worry about what is infront of your face. The USA.

That or how is that $2 TRILLION investment in Iraq going? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

"WHAT" you didn't think we took are Eye off you liberals and Progressives now.....did ya?
icon_cyclops_ani.gif
evil6.gif

Back
Top Bottom