• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Activist Group Suing Oklahoma for banning Sharia/Islamic LAW

Wake

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I oppose this outright.

The law of the land, is the law of the land. Not some law from elsewhere, based on some book written by some dude in the desert who may/may not have existed 1000's of years ago. That goes for you too Christains.

Keep religion out of the law and government, and you can pray to whatever invisible man you want.

These "Activists" can stick it.

Surprising to hear that from a non-conservative. Did you know that there's a conflict in the UK/London as well because Sharia has been adopted as a parallel legal entity? Since we have about 4 Sharia law courts in the USA, I can easily see this happening if progressives get their way. As "human rights activists," progressives defend the religion of Islam, which still lives in the 7th century, AEB their women forced to be garbed and other very little unbarbarious things.

Also, does the Facebook link work? I wonder if non-FOX outlets would cover this..

Last edited:
Surprising to hear that from a non-conservative. Did you know that there's a conflict in the UK/London as well because Sharia has been adopted as a parallel legal entity? Since we have about 4 Sharia law courts in the USA, I can easily see this happening if progressives get their way. As "human rights activists," progressives defend the religion of Islam, which still lives in the 7th century, AEB their women forced to be garbed and other very little unbarbarious things.

Also, does the Facebook link work? I wonder if non-FOX outlets would cover this..

What you think you have a monolopy on not wanting some barbaric Law implemented. Jesus Christ man, get a grip.

What you think you have a monolopy on not wanting some barbaric Law implemented. Jesus Christ man, get a grip.

Well, out of my years of debating---about 4---I have never met a liberal who was against Sharia Law. I guess it's my lucky day.

I knew it was a matter of time for such a bs lawsuit. Hope the judge throws it out or better yet a very drawn out court case and in the end the activist group has to pay all costs. Guess this group does not want to assimulate into american culture.

Show me where any Liberals on this site Defend Sharia Law?

I mean liberals in general. An example would be NPR firing Juan b/c he was "anxious" around Muslims; the point was whether or not he should have been fired but that any voice against Islam is offensive.

Constantly, I see liberal that defend Sharia/Islamic Law. There are two main sides of the point that is Sharia Law. The conservatives are always against it. What does that say of the other main side?

I mean liberals in general. An example would be NPR firing Juan b/c he was "anxious" around Muslims; the point was whether or not he should have been fired but that any voice against Islam is offensive.

How does that support Sharia Law?

Constantly, I see liberal that defend Sharia/Islamic Law. There are two main sides of the point that is Sharia Law. The conservatives are always against it. What does that say of the other main side?

Show me once again, solidly that "most liberals support" Sharia Law being implemented. I'll think you'll find they dont.

Not quite a parallel legal entity (not even sure what that means). There are Sharia tribunals in the UK, yes. And they are sanctioned by the UK legal system. But it is a form of arbitration done only with the consent of all parties involved. Not unlike union arbitrations here in the States. It's pretty much old news, too, since it's been going on since 2007 and the UK hasn't yet gone up in smoke.

Also:
Jewish Beth Din courts operate under the same provision in the Arbitration Act and resolve civil cases, ranging from divorce to business disputes. They have existed in Britain for more than 100 years, and previously operated under a precursor to the act.
Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

There's ample precedence.

How does that support Sharia Law?

When Juan stated he was afraid of Muslims, it definitely implied he was afraid of Islam, because it it the Islamic Muslim extremists that attacked us on 9/11.
Show me once again, solidly that "most liberals support" Sharia Law being implemented. I'll think you'll find they dont.

So you're going to tell me that both liberals and conservatives are against Sharia Law? Undoubtedly progressive liberals in the UK fought for Sharia, and so undoubtedly the progressive liberals in America would follow suit. I would not be surprised to see liberals defending the activist group.

I don't think I can be persuaded that liberals are against Sharia when time and again liberals are virtually always against what conservatives are for.

The Jewish religion isn't barbaric. You don't see Jewish rabbis spreading their religion "with the sword."

So all of you are saying that if Sharia Law being implemented in the distant future won't majorly be supported by liberals?

If so then I am surprised to find this middleground.

So you're going to tell me that both liberals and conservatives are against Sharia Law? Undoubtedly progressive liberals in the UK fought for Sharia, and so undoubtedly the progressive liberals in America would follow suit. I would not be surprised to see liberals defending the activist group.

I don't think I can be persuaded that liberals are against Sharia when time and again liberals are virtually always against what conservatives are for.
Undoubtedly? We should trust you? Are you the sole source of truth and light? Where is the LAME icon?

The Jewish religion isn't barbaric. You don't see Jewish rabbis spreading their religion "with the sword."
But we do see America spreading democracy at the point of a gun....

So all of you are saying that if Sharia Law being implemented in the distant future won't majorly be supported by liberals?

You know, most liberals believe in Seperation between Church, and State. This should answer your question. :roll:

You know, most liberals believe in Seperation between Church, and State. This should answer your question. :roll:

Well it certainly doesn't seem so when I see liberals constantly blasting Christians yet embracing/defending Islam. When I see liberals constantly defending Islam, it makes me suspect that they would support those who try to eventually instill Sharia Law. It's a paradox to me.

Well it certainly doesn't seem so when I see liberals constantly blasting Christians yet embracing/defending Islam. When I see liberals constantly defending Islam, it makes me suspect that they would support those who try to eventually instill Sharia Law. It's a paradox to me.

Absolute bull****.

Everyone, lets please ignore this guy, we are not getting into another "Ground Zero Mosque" Like Episode.

I ask everyone to ignore this thread, lets not let that stuff come up again.

"Defending Islam" If you mean defending their right to not be discriminated against, to build a place of worship where they choose, then you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT I defend that.

But in turn, I don't defend them imposing their faith on me.

That's the word. I stick to it.

/thread.

Nobody is implementing Sharia law. The UK courts have said that CIVIL DISPUTES can be resolved with Sharia arbitration. Rest assured that no UK laws will be violated in that process. If one is going to foster freedom of religion, I see nothing wrong with Muslims electing to resolve civil disputes using Sharia law.

If I want to enter into a binding arbitration with Mickey Mouse and Friends, it's my right to do so.

Wake, you are filled with generalities that don't add up. Where do you see liberals constantly defending Islam? Where do you see liberals blasting Christians? Honestly, you need to take ownership of your OWN thoughts and opinions and stop projecting them on everyone else.

If you are smart you will transcend these perceptions as you stick around.

Absolute bull****.

Everyone, lets please ignore this guy, we are not getting into another "Ground Zero Mosque" Like Episode.

I ask everyone to ignore this thread, lets not let that stuff come up again.

"Defending Islam" If you mean defending their right to not be discriminated against, to build a place of worship where they choose, then you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT I defend that.

But in turn, I don't defend them imposing their faith on me.

That's the word. I stick to it.

/thread.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/85298-oklahoma-sharia-ban-constitutional.html

Back
Top Bottom