• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Musk has overstepped in area of expertiese... and Stock Holders are very well aware of that fact.

He will do just fine with Twitter...or he won't. It's not that big a deal. Not like he got money from the taxpayer to do this. I really don't understand the hype either for or against. Way more important things to think about.

Habitually overselling and underdelivering, while throwing money at actually talented people to make him money in the interim (as he takes all credit after the fact), most notoriously/seminally the Paypal windfall Peter Thiel and his team made for Musk on the basis of his daddy's blood emerald capital after he was fired from the precursor company for being both insufferable and insufferably incompetent.

Even as an ideas guy Musk has been largely a flop (see Hyperloop and the disastrous Vegas tunnels).
He promises a lot, but rarely delivers. Anyone seen a stack of ventilators en route to California? Has he replaced Flint, Michigan's lead piped water supply?

Everyone has failures. The only people who don't have flops are those who don't do anything.
The only ideas of Musk's that have succeeded are those that were actually the brainchildren of others. His original thinking is lacking to say the least.

Meanwhile, he has been a proven incompetent in terms of having any actual technical acumen or managerial skill, always relying heavily on others outside of being a shameless hypeman.

I wonder if more right wingers will want electric cars now that he has restored a few prominent right wing fools to Twitterability.
So much sour grapes from the left. Lost the librul lock on Twitter, huh? Personally, I am not ready for electric cars yet. I drive roughly 45,000 miles per year for business. The infrastructure for electric cars does not support that.

The only ideas of Musk's that have succeeded are those that were actually the brainchildren of others.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants...

If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants...
Only Musk thinks, or professes to thinking, that he's also the giant and it was his idea all along. Rarely have I seen him share credit unless explicitly coerced; the dude has even gone so far as to try to falsely brand himself a founder of Telsa despite being sued over it. He's a narcissistic fraud: https://www.fastcompany.com/9056319...is-rebutting-long-time-allegations-on-twitter

So much sour grapes from the left. Lost the librul lock on Twitter, huh? Personally, I am not ready for electric cars yet. I drive roughly 45,000 miles per year for business. The infrastructure for electric cars does not support that.
Thank you for your personal anecdote.

How many people drive 45k a year?

Electric cars aren't for you. Agreed.

People lost their Twitter accounts for violating terms of service. Capitalism in action.

What's the problem?

People lost their Twitter accounts for violating terms of service. Capitalism in action.

What's the problem?
The problem at least in regards to Twitter is going away with Musk taking over.. I am happy. How about you? And Twitter violated it's own terms of service. For instance, suspending many accounts for bringing up Hunter Biden's laptop. Twitter claimed it was disinformation. Now we know it was not.

What's the problem?
And now they will not. Any problem?

The problem at least in regards to Twitter is going away with Musk taking over..

Evasion. What was the problem?

I am happy. How about you?

It is hard to imagine something that I care less about then who owns Twitter. Never had an account and never will and even if I did I can't imagine a situation that would make me care.

Yes. You are happy. That is obvious. Good for you.

And Twitter violated it's own terms of service. For instance, suspending many accounts for bringing up Hunter Biden's laptop. Twitter claimed it was disinformation. Now we know it was not.

The FEC disagrees.

Unless the courts say otherwise, Twitter can do whatever it wants. Again, capitalism in action.

If you want government to dictate what companies can and can't do, then capitalism may not be the right economic system for you.

ummm....he doesn't own the company yet and hasn't restored anyone to anything.
I thought a couple of the extremist clowns were posting there again. I could be wrong, as I didn't visit the site to confirm.

I thought a couple of the extremist clowns were posting there again. I could be wrong, as I didn't visit the site to confirm.
Could be but wouldn’t be Musk’s doing. The sale will take months to complete and afaik he isn’t even on the board so his influence on policy would likely be minimal right now.

There are some impressive things about Musk. He seems to have largely lucked into a fortune piggybacking on the internet with Paypal, and I can't help but be impressed by creating a new auto company in such a well-established industry. Ask Mitt Romney's father who tried with "American Motor Corporation".

But I have found I dislike more about him, his politics and other personal qualities and a seeming willingness to vindictively abuse power. So I plan to minimize any use of Twitter under him, to not buy a Tesla. I'd hope other carmakers create better electric car options that reduce his wealth to misuse for things like this. But he's less the problem than 'the system' that lets him do a hostile takeover of Twitter, among other problems.
He did not.

I wonder if more right wingers will want electric cars now that he has restored a few prominent right wing fools to Twitterability.
This is a good question.

Like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Bill Gates knows nothing on programming as well as Steve Jobs. They had other people for that. They provide the vision and direction, while other people bring it into being.
Oh dear.

The FEC disagrees.

Unless the courts say otherwise, Twitter can do whatever it wants. Again, capitalism in action.

If you want government to dictate what companies can and can't do, then capitalism may not be the right economic system for you.

I don't think he claimed it illegal, but it was a biased decision in which they had no real proof it was disinformation.

It was obvious Tesla was going to take a hit due to Musk’s twitter adventure, I’m not a big fan of shorting stocks but it was nice to make a buck today. Tesla has been late on their truck, the 3 and Y have some very competent competition showing up, and their leadership team from the 3 is decimated while their very-hands-on CEO is trying to play games with a social media company worth 1/20th of what Tesla was before today.

Internet brownshirts warning others to stay in their lane.

Entire market tanked today, not just Tesla - but reality is of no use to brownshirts, who'll spin it any way they please.

"He's done some interesting things" - far less than your highly accomplished internet posts, no doubt. :rolleyes:

Musk has said he isn't buying Twitter for financial reasons - he's doing it to resuscitate society.

First lesson in stock ownership - don't get emotional
Second lesson in stock ownership - don't forget the first lesson

Not a chance. However I do support free speech and that seems to scare the hell out of the left.

Back
Top Bottom