• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Musk declines seat on Twitter board.

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Twitter’s largest investor, billionaire Elon Musk, is reversing course and will no longer join the company’s board of directors less than a week after being awarded a seat.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal announced the news, which followed a weekend of Musk tweets suggesting changes to Twitter, including making the site ad-free. Nearly 90% of Twitter’s 2021 revenue came from ads.

However, a number of the tweets posted by Musk over the weekend regarding potential changes at Twitter no longer appear on the platform.

“Elon’s appointment to the board was to become officially effective on 4/9, but Elon shared that same morning that he would not be joining the board,” Agrawal wrote in a reposted note originally sent to Tesla employees. “I believe this is for the best.”

Agrawal didn’t offer an explanation for Musk’s apparent decision. He said the board understood the risks of having Musk, who is now the company’s largest shareholder, as a member. But it, “believed having Elon as a fiduciary of the company, where he, like all board members, has to act in the best interests of the company and all our shareholders, was the best path forward,” he wrote.

Poor Trump. He's STILL not getting his twitter account back.

I was surprised he was expected to accept it in the first place. There's a reason he bought 9.x% of the company and not over 10%. With 10% you have to be beholden to different rules as a shareholder. Additionally, as a board member, he would have separate rules as well. However, as the largest minority shareholder, he has shareholder rights that he can use as leverage to fight Twitter. He can sue Twitter for violating the rights of shareholders when they do things like violate their own terms of service to ban popular revenue-generating users from their platform. He has more power and has more of an ability to be a thorn in their side if he doesn't join the board.

I was surprised he was expected to accept it in the first place. There's a reason he bought 9.x% of the company and not over 10%. With 10% you have to be beholden to different rules as a shareholder. Additionally, as a board member, he would have separate rules as well. However, as the largest minority shareholder, he has shareholder rights that he can use as leverage to fight Twitter. He can sue Twitter for violating the rights of shareholders when they do things like violate their own terms of service to ban popular revenue-generating users from their platform. He has more power and has more of an ability to be a thorn in their side if he doesn't join the board.
Cite, with links, proof of any instances when Twitter violated it’s terms of service in banning any users.

Loser #45 isn’t going to be allowed back on Twitter. So many sad Trumpsters. 😭

This was an intelligent decision. I applaud it.

He said it out loud when he bought the stock. Trump's name wasn't mentioned, but he said he'd disallow bans for the very sorts of things Trump got banned for.
Tweety broke the ToS. If it's OK to break ToS if you are a cult leader or take iodine baths, the rules should say that.

Don't you mean insurrection raising members? I think that's what this was all about.

Damn, with this and the sinking ship of Truth Social, how ever will the deplorable masses be able to hear from their messiah?

More rallies!

I still have no idea how this ever tied in to Trump. Did Musk bitch about Trump losing his twitter once?

Musk was part of Trump's science thingie, and as far as I can tell, Musk would have no other reason to care.

Musk was part of Trump's science thingie, and as far as I can tell, Musk would have no other reason to care.
And so aggrieved was he that he purchased $2.9 billion in stock just to give Trump’s account back. Rrrrright.

And so aggrieved was he that he purchased $2.9 billion in stock just to give Trump’s account back. Rrrrright.

I expect he'll be wanting some dividends, too.

Can you think of a better reason for him to do it, given that he stated the reason he got involved was because "some people" were banned for TOS violations?

I expect he'll be wanting some dividends, too.

Can you think of a better reason for him to do it, given that he stated the reason he got involved was because "some people" were banned for TOS violations?
I think I’d have to have at least 4000 billion in the bank before it would even occur to me to spend 3 billion to get some dumbass his twitter account back. And if that was his motive, then he’s much crazier than I ever imagined.

How the **** did you connect this to Trump?
Don't you remember how Elon was the first to quit the panel of experts Trump had assembled for technology issues, because he had major differences with him?

But to you, everyone is connected to Trump -- and to Putin. Musk is the guy who immediately got Starlink satellite terminals for Ukraine following the invasion. What did you do by comparison?

Neo-McCarthyites only show themselves to be completely morally & intellectually bankrupt. All they can think of is to make up any desperate taunt, like the desperate idiots they are.

maybe he can sit on the board here?

"Revenue-generating users?"

I'm not sure you're grasping Twitter's business model.

View attachment 67385345
*************​

:rolleyes:

you-didnt-build-that.jpg

Back
Top Bottom