• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Musk blocks Public Citizen on Twitter

Oh look everyone... Public Citizen is actively tweeting. Nobody censored them. Nobody suspended their speech rights.
I think some have missed the point. Just because you, the collective has the right to voice your opinions, so does the reader have the right to ignore them.

You know who did get banned? LOL!

He's a liberal, a dying breed. That's who he is.

Well, his actions, up 'till now, don't seem to match his words.

The cynic in me can't help but believe he's another wants-to-get-his-way, self-serving, super-rich guy.

My statement is not speaking to legalities, but rather to the man himself. His mindset is on public display here, and he doesn't appear to be who he says he is.

Respectfully, but strongly disagreeing.
Musk never said people shouldn't ignore speech. In fact, I think he implied the opposite. People should ignore it if they don't like it....

Maybe if the former Twitter cops had done that to begin with, ignored, instead of banning, suspending, censoring, Musk would not have bought Twitter.

Reactions: PoS
Oh look everyone... Public Citizen is actively tweeting. Nobody censored them. Nobody suspended their speech rights.
I think some have missed the point. Just because you, the collective has the right to voice your opinions, so does the reader have the right to ignore them.

Musk didn't 'ignore them'; he censored & cancelled them.

Respectfully, but strongly disagreeing.
Musk never said people shouldn't ignore speech. In fact, I think he implied the opposite. People should ignore it if they don't like it....

Maybe if the former Twitter cops had done that to begin with, ignored, instead of banning, suspending, censoring, Musk would not have bought Twitter.

He didn't ignore them; he cancelled them, censuring them off his feed.

His actions differ than his words, just like he fired the employee who's Tweets he didn't like, just like he cancelled the car delivery for the journalist whom he didn't like what he wrote.

Musk's self-promoting his 'free-speech' ethos is falling apart, it seems.

The bottom of the Tweet say that the one announcing it did.?

”Bye, bitch!”

LOL

Geezus, look at the language those in the top of the GOP/Trump circles use:

“Well bitches I’m back on Twitter,” Stone bragged on early Thursday morning.

Can you imagine making that a public statement to the world? You're first official statement?

Is it any wonder we tell our kids not to be like them?

He didn't ignore them; he cancelled them, censuring them off his feed.

His actions differ than his words, just like he fired the employee who's Tweets he didn't like, just like he cancelled the car delivery for the journalist whom he didn't like what he wrote.

Musk's self-promoting his 'free-speech' ethos is falling apart, it seems.

Nope.

Of course. Musk is a dude who bounces from thing to thing to thing. First, getting rid of fossil fuels, then sending people to Mars starting with his car, then underground high speed transit, then neural uplinks to human brains, then robots, and now it's Twitter. We can safety say that in four months' time he'll have moved on to something else. This is just another phase.

This is also a guy who makes promises every other week, but only makes good on maybe 10% of them. So of course he's going to tweet about free speech then probably forget about it later. I'm personally waiting for people to start posting falsehoods about Tesla Full Self Driving, to see exactly how far his free speech beliefs extend.

My bet for the next Musk hobby? Hydroponics.
yeah, the underground high speed transit in Florida is hilarious. First hurricane and everyone drowns. It also would likely cause damage to the very delicate aquifer in Florida and would cost a fortune to build....and would be very unlikely to be water tight much less be less maintenance ...it would cost more. This is stupid and he should do it on his own dime and insurance.

Where is the hypocrisy? Where has he backtracked on his pov?
Elon Musk never said there would not be terms of service; TOS.
Elon Musk never said that people would not be banned for violating TOS.

Elon Musk never said that he is against ignoring trash-type posts or for that matter, any post that is of no interest to the reader.
What he did say is that investigative journalism must not be censored.
What he did say is that people shouldn't be banned for an unpopular right wing opinion.

Try reading what he tweets and stop the embellishments. Everyone has the God given right to turn off Fox or not read the NY Post...but that doesn't mean Fox reporters and investigative journalists from the likes of the The NY Post should be suspended because it was an election year.
And they were!!!

So yeah, you, the collective, are still able to read Public Citizen. What's your problem with those who don't?

Reactions: PoS
Public citizen was not denied his free speech nor was he suspended or banned. He's still tweeting. He still has his speech rights intact.
Musk, as a tweeter, simply exercised his right to ignore him. People do that all the time...Ignore.

He owns the platform. He can hire and fire at will now. Not sure about the car cancellation thing...
That's kind of a weird ignore. We don't see people we don't want to hear, but it doesn't stop them from seeing what I write or commenting on it. Twitter's ignore makes it impossible for someone to see what I write, and therefore they can't comment on my words. I don't like it. It's messing with another's ability to join in the conversation.

i think that people are worried that elon will go farther though and censor speech from a particular side.

That's kind of a weird ignore. We don't see people we don't want to hear, but it doesn't stop them from seeing what I write or commenting on it. Twitter's ignore makes it impossible for someone to see what I write, and therefore they can't comment on my words. I don't like it. It's messing with another's ability to join in the conversation.

Person Citizen is still free to comment on anything Elon Musk.

Person Citizen is in good standing because they haven't been censored, suspended, or banned so that no one else can read them.
Ignoring words are an option we all have at anytime. Musk simply is using his forum software so that this particular tweeter does not clutter up his notifications.
Everyone who uses Twitter has the same option.

Person Citizen is still free to comment on anything Elon Musk.
But how, Trix? They can't comment on anything he says because they can't see it.
Yes, I get it that if Person Citizen hears him on a different venue, they can still respond, but it just seems more restrictive than our ignore.

Where is the hypocrisy? Where has he backtracked on his pov?
Elon Musk never said there would not be terms of service; TOS.
Elon Musk never said that people would not be banned for violating TOS.

Elon Musk never said that he is against ignoring trash-type posts or for that matter, any post that is of no interest to the reader.
What he did say is that investigative journalism must not be censored.
What he did say is that people shouldn't be banned for an unpopular right wing opinion.

Try reading what he tweets and stop the embellishments. Everyone has the God given right to turn off Fox or not read the NY Post...but that doesn't mean Fox reporters and investigative journalists from the likes of the The NY Post should be suspended because it was an election year.
And they were!!!

So yeah, you, the collective, are still able to read Public Citizen. What's your problem with those who don't?
Leftists hate Elon, Trix. He's a self made rich white guy and they hate people like him.

Leftists hate Elon, Trix. He's a self made rich white guy and they hate people like him.
First you all get conned by the genius real estate developer and now the electric car guy. What’s the next shiny object that will own the libs?

First you all get conned by the genius real estate developer and now the electric car guy. What’s the next shiny object that will own the libs?
I dont worship anyone. Im a believer in free speech: the one thing you people hate.

I think it’s just democrats don’t like the richest African American

But how, Trix? They can't comment on anything he says because they can't see it.
Yes, I get it that if Person Citizen hears him on a different venue, they can still respond, but it just seems more restrictive than our ignore.
With the ignore feature on this forum, I can't see what someone I have on ignore posts to me, or to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom