• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muscovites troops destroy 90% of Ukrainian town of Mariupol

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Muscovite occupiers troops destroy 90% of Mariupol town​

many Muscovite thugs killed , this hero - Ukrainian city fights back , the humanitarian situation is terrible , Pootler is Hitler & Stalin 0.2

pootler.png

I know that there is no justice in this veil of tears, but occasionally there is.

Since we have only hope in this life, let's hope the czar is going to get his comeuppance for his incomprehensible cruelty.

Hitler did.
Mussolini did.
That Romanian dictator did in 1989. (He stood on a balcony talking to "his" people. They suddenly turned on him. He and his wife fled. They were caught and were ...)

Last edited:
I know that there is no justice in this veil of tears, but occasionally there is.

Since we have only hope in this life, let's hope the czar is going to get his comeuppance for his incomprehensible cruelty.

Hitler did.
Mussolini did.
That Romanian dictator did in 1989. (He stood on a balcony talking to "his" people. They suddenly turned on him. He and his wife fled. They were caught and were ...)

Just thought I'd share that the term is actually,

"vale of tears"

It's a term I love, having learned it as a child from praying the Catholic prayer, Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen). It's my favorite Marian antiphon!

It actually translates in more modern fashion to,

"valley of tears",

much as Psalm 23's,

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death"

(another one of my faves)

--

Anyway - I just felt a need to be pandemic, and you left that hanging right there for me to pluck! :p

"vale of tears"

--

Anyway - I just felt a need to be pandemic, and you left that hanging right there for me to pluck! :p
Thank you so much for your correction.

I think the English language is the greatest language of all, so I would never purposely use the wrong word.

I found your use of "pandemic" to be very clever. Of course, you meant ...

Thank you so much for your correction.

'Nada!

I think the English language is the greatest language of all, so I would never purposely use the wrong word.

I love language, I really do.

Besides being a voracious reader, I like to write, and used to write music - too. So yeah, I take words seriously, and get a real joy out of wordplay.

Of course, I don't hold others to standards. I just thought you'd appreciate that little tidbit of knowledge.

As to that phrase itself, It's really beautiful in the context of the Marian prayer!

Check it out, below:

--

"To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears! Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus"

--

Those lines above have a lot of poignancy in spiritual & theological terms, especially amongst Catholics. But even without any spiritual or theological meaning or understanding, I think this is great writing! You could lyricize it, and put it to music - and many classical composers have! In fact, it is regularly recited in Latin Chant by cenobite religious orders like the Benedictines & Franciscans, as part of their regular prayers (the Devine Office).

When you read even prosaic writing, back in the middle of the last century or earlier, just a scant 70 years ago, it just seemed to have so much more literary quality.

I found your use of "pandemic" to be very clever. Of course, you meant ...

Haha, actually that was a - perhaps Freudian - slip! Sometimes luck trumps skill!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rattle-on, combining two of my favorite subjects! (Writing & Catholicism)

Hitler did.
Mussolini did.
Koba (did Beria kill him, or not, doesn't matter , Politburo gang didn´t provide necessary medical help to Koba) to was killed by his Politburo gang , half of Muscovite czars (19-20s) were killed as well

1647691365417.png

Koba (did Beria kill him, or not, doesn't matter , Politburo gang didn´t provide necessary medical help to Koba) to was killed by his Politburo gang , half of Muscovite czars (19-20s) were killed as well

View attachment 67380910
Yes, I read (don't know how accurate it was) that Stalin was talking with his fellow thugs when he had a heart attack. One of his thugs started jumping up and down with joy that Thug #1 was gone. But then Stalin showed a sign of life, and that joyous fellow thug became terrified at what might happen to him for having jumped up and down. Stalin, however, did not recover.

Yes, I read (don't know how accurate it was) that Stalin was talking with his fellow thugs when he had a heart attack. One of his thugs started jumping up and down with joy that Thug #1 was gone. But then Stalin showed a sign of life, and that joyous fellow thug became terrified at what might happen to him for having jumped up and down. Stalin, however, did not recover.

man it was a move, the reality was much more brutal , i will write a short summary one day

these Azov fighters are the lions

ps

Amazing they were able to take out three armored vehicles, including MBT, without taking a hit. Brave crew 🇺🇦

Back
Top Bottom