• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muscle Milk

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone know anything about it? A couple of my friends mentioned it to me the other day. Is it worth trying out?

Anyone know anything about it? A couple of my friends mentioned it to me the other day. Is it worth trying out?

if you are obscenely obsessed with bulking up your upper body in an attempt to compensate for having a tiny penis...then maybe.

A few more reps at the gym would be just as effective as "muscle milk"

if you are obscenely obsessed with bulking up your upper body in an attempt to compensate for having a tiny penis...then maybe.

The likelihood of me "bulking up" is roughly zero. My body type pretty much isn't going to allow it. I tried creatine back in high school when that was the big thing and I got nothing out of it despite lifting three times a week.

The claim is that it speeds recovery time and also has some fat-burning qualities. Since I'm looking to drop about 30 pounds, that is definitely a selling point for me.

Muscle Milk is overpriced and overrated. Sure, it will work, but so will whey protein.

Coronado said:
The likelihood of me "bulking up" is roughly zero. My body type pretty much isn't going to allow it. I tried creatine back in high school when that was the big thing and I got nothing out of it despite lifting three times a week.

Anyone can bulk up, provided your diet/lifting regimen is accurate. Creatine primarily assists with muscle recovery. While it secondarily does assist with the increasing of muscle mass, you are not going to see results if your diet/lifting regime isn't conducive to it. It's sort of like Hydroxycut; it's not going to do anything if you eat a ton of carbs, even if you do cardio every morning.

The claim is that it speeds recovery time and also has some fat-burning qualities. Since I'm looking to drop about 30 pounds, that is definitely a selling point for me.

Same with fat loss. You'll get more results by cutting carbs mostly out of your diet than you will by taking creatine. If you wanted to take supps to help burn fat you would do so only after tweaking your diet/lifting/cardio plan. They are supplements to your plan, not replacements.

Last edited:
Bulking up your body is 80% diet and 20% workout regime. I used to be skinny and chronically underweight, and I changed it mostly through diet. Most supplements on the market are gimmicks. The real supplements that work, which are used by competitive body builders, are uber expensive, and those people have their own secret formulas most of the time anyway.

Now THIS is what I call "muscle milk"

Thanks for the input, folks. I sorta figured it wasn't a silver bullet.

It's quality product that is expensive. There are literally dozens of equally priced products that are superior, and dozens of cheaper products that are just as good.

Not sure what i am bothered more about; that you bring up another mans penis in a thread about protein, or that you think reps = proper fuel to the anabolic process. Either way, you should keep your opinions to yourself.

If you want to bulk up using crap, just cut to the chase and get some T and some HGH, otherwise, leave that proccessed crap alone. :thumbs:

Classic! Jagerbombs!

Hey browsky get me two Heinekens!
If alcohol was the key to gaining muscle mass, I'd be Arnold Schwarzenegger by now.

Unfortunately it's not, and the beer weight is what I'm trying to shed.

If you want to bulk up using crap, just cut to the chase and get some T and some HGH, otherwise, leave that proccessed crap alone. :thumbs:

Maybe in the 80's ;)

Then work out more! :prof

Though it's hard with a hangover....
I'm just getting back into it this week. I know it won't be overnight no matter what I do. It's just that all my knowledge on the subject is about ten years out of date.

:lol:

i never messed with the stuff, I'm just naturally an adonis. :thumbs:

My point was, if we were in the 80's (when sports supplements were at best placebo), you'd be be better off using low quality hormone therapy. How you perceive your body is of no interest to me ;)

yes it is. :ssst:

Nah. To me, it is all about functionality. The fact that functionality coincides with physical appearance is not important. One's ability to clean press twice their weight is impressive, smiling in the mirror.... not so much.

Nah. To me, it is all about functionality. The fact that functionality coincides with physical appearance is not important. One's ability to clean press twice their weight is impressive, smiling in the mirror.... not so much.

This is true to be serious for a second. I was never into "Getting big" it was always about 100% function. I don't have mirrors where I work out. or scales for that matter. :shrug:

This is true to be serious for a second. I was never into "Getting big" it was always about 100% function. I don't have mirrors where I work out. or scales for that matter. :shrug:

That's what kills me when you talk to people about working out. They normally state, "i just want abs, biceps, etc...., and i don't care how strong or fast i am." However, what they often fail to recognize is that all the best athletes (the strongest and the fastest) have what they want. Not so much for some football players or strongman competitors, but the trend is pretty consistent.

If people focused on actual athletic results (how fast i run a mile vs how many minutes i run, or how much can i bench vs how much time i spend lifting), they'd achieve the results in physical appearance on a more consistent basis.

That's what kills me when you talk to people about working out. They normally state, "i just want abs, biceps, etc...., and i don't care how strong or fast i am." However, what they often fail to recognize is that all the best athletes (the strongest and the fastest) have what they want. Not so much for some football players or strongman competitors, but the trend is pretty consistent.

If people focused on actual athletic results (how fast i run a mile vs how many minutes i run, or how much can i bench vs how much time i spend lifting), they'd achieve the results in physical appearance on a more consistent basis.

I've always felt that doing something competitively, whether it be bodybuilding, marathon running, playing basketball, grappling, etc.... gets you in better shape than going to the gym 1 hour every day. There's something about competing that elevates hormones, adrenaline, etc.... IMO that you can't get just by lifting weights, or getting on a treadmill.

Back
Top Bottom