• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Murtha Using "Michael Moore" Politics?

scottyz said:
I don't see any quote of his in the article.
Unbelievable...what do you read four lines and give up?

It's at the bottom...here's the tail end of the whole article, since you invariably have a hard time understanding the concept of scolling down...

The Anti-Defamation League on Thursday joined lawmakers and other groups in calling for an apology for comparing the activities of U.S. troops to those of Nazis. Then, Chicago's Democratic mayor, Richard M. Daley, declared: "I think it's a disgrace to say that any man or woman in the military would act like that."

Durbin said his biggest concern is the perception of troops serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. His voiced quavered when he said in his floor speech yesterday, "When you look at the eyes of the soldiers, you see your son and daughter. I never, never intended any disrespect for them."

After the speech, Republicans said they were ready to put the matter to rest. During a later vote, Sen. Larry E. Craig (R-Idaho) shook Durbin's hand and thanked him for apologizing. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said of the apology: "It was good for the troops, and it was good for Senator Durbin."

McCain said the lesson is "Watch your words."

"It's a very partisan atmosphere," he said. "Things have a great resonance."

Now that that is settled...get back on topic and...

a) explain how you smear the whole Republican Party for the sayings of a couple in reference to Murtha...

b) acknowedge my history was NOT "revisionist"...

c) admit that Durbin, did in fact, incorporate the troops into his attempted insult of the Administration...

cnredd said:
Unbelievable...what do you read four lines and give up?

It's at the bottom...here's the tail end of the whole article, since you invariably have a hard time understanding the concept of scolling down...

The Anti-Defamation League on Thursday joined lawmakers and other groups in calling for an apology for comparing the activities of U.S. troops to those of Nazis. Then, Chicago's Democratic mayor, Richard M. Daley, declared: "I think it's a disgrace to say that any man or woman in the military would act like that."

Durbin said his biggest concern is the perception of troops serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. His voiced quavered when he said in his floor speech yesterday, "When you look at the eyes of the soldiers, you see your son and daughter. I never, never intended any disrespect for them."

After the speech, Republicans said they were ready to put the matter to rest. During a later vote, Sen. Larry E. Craig (R-Idaho) shook Durbin's hand and thanked him for apologizing. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said of the apology: "It was good for the troops, and it was good for Senator Durbin."

McCain said the lesson is "Watch your words."

"It's a very partisan atmosphere," he said. "Things have a great resonance."

Now that that is settled...get back on topic and...

a) explain how you smear the whole Republican Party for the sayings of a couple in reference to Murtha...

b) acknowedge my history was NOT "revisionist"...

c) admit that Durbin, did in fact, incorporate the troops into his attempted insult of the Administration...
You seem to fail to understand that the statements of others about Durbins words aren't Durbins words. Other groups and individuals said he was making a comparison of troops to nazis, what's your point? He said "Americas" treatment, he was not singling out the military. He was probably concerned that U.S. policy will create the perception that U.S. troops act like nazis.

Murtha is just one more individual that has allowed his emotions to outweigh his intellect to the issues behind terrorism. Bring us back from Iraq today - the problems will not go away and American civilians will continue to die for "Allah." Nothing will keep your unappreciative asses safe short of a changed Middle East whether they want it or not.

While the most of Iraqis want us gone, they do not want us gone yet. I love how people's "polls" suggest something that it is not. Syria's reformacist are very much interested in Bush's sentiments for change (Actually, it's been a U.S. military sentiment since the 80's), but they do not want American boots in their country. Iran's youth (70 percent of the population) want a democratic government, but they do not want American boots in their country. Both societies know that as long as their current governments stand, democracy will be a thing for Iraqis only.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Murtha is just one more individual that has allowed his emotions to outweigh his intellect to the issues behind terrorism.

Gunney, isn't that what people who are put into emotional situations do?
Firemen know that rushing into a burning building may get themselves killed, but the do it because it is right.
Cops position themselves in front of civilians even though they know they may die. But it is the right thing to do.
And even a dem/lib like myself hears more of how American service personnel go above and beyond to help their buddies and Iraqi nationals. Because it is the right thing to do, even though they know they may end up killed.

GySgt said:
Bring us back from Iraq today - the problems will not go away and American civilians will continue to die for "Allah." Nothing will keep your unappreciative asses safe short of a changed Middle East whether they want it or not.

This may not sound PC for a dem/lib, but I'd rather see true "shock and awe". Tell the civilians "Give 'em up, or get mowed down" and then do it. And send in enough troops to do it. More of the bad guys would be gone and less of the good guys hurt or killed. Then we can get out.

GySgt said:
While the most of Iraqis want us gone, they do not want us gone yet.

That is what Murtha has said and wants. Get us out soon, but not immediately. But the reactionary rep/cons are twisting it to sound like something else.
ted

Paladin said:
That is what Murtha has said and wants. Get us out soon, but not immediately. But the reactionary rep/cons are twisting it to sound like something else.
ted

The "haters" on the site are parading his statements as if he said something different.

KCConservative said:
There's that claim again. Are we ever going to see one of you Bush haters prove this?

Let's not change the subject. I've served. Have you?

We went to Iraq to "supposedly" rid it of WMD. No wmd. So now we're there to liberate it, per se. SO you Bush apologists are proclaiming the the welfare of Iraq is above the welfare or the well-being of our men and women? We should sacrifice OURSELVES to save IRAQ? It's the AMERICAN WAY? My god child you need to live a little more before you confront me with such idiocy.

There is nothing to be proven. THe burden of proof for the initiation of this war lies upon the hands of Bush and his Neo-Cons (and their indoctrinated subservients such as yourself). Guess what. Bush and the neo-cons have conceded the WMD factor but, yet, they still fool dingbats like you into thinking we still have something to accomplish there. There is no reasonable doubt that Bush actually has any reason to have invaded and occupied this nation in terms of NATIONAL SECURITY.

Our troops are worth more than the occupation of a desperate foreign nation (one which was sent into despair directly by the actions of bomb first act later neocons). There is no pride in killing. Anyone who has experienced war KNOWS this. Our troops are OUR people. Why should we sacrifice our men and women for any reason other than national security? Tell me that you self-proclaimed "conservative" swine. The implications only point towards your unconditional support of Bush, and not of OUR TROOPS. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Archon said:
Let's not change the subject. I've served. Have you?

We went to Iraq to "supposedly" rid it of WMD. No wmd. So now we're there to liberate it, per se. SO you Bush apologists are proclaiming the the welfare of Iraq is above the welfare of the well-being of our men and women? We should sacrifice OURSELVES to save IRAQ? It's the AMERICAN WAY? My god child you need to live a little more before you confront me with such idiocy.

There is nothing to be proven. THe burden of prove for the initiation of this war lies upon the hands of Bush and his Neo-Cons (and their indoctrinated subservients such as yourself). Guess what. Bush and the neo-cons have conceded but, yet, they still fool dingbats like you into thinking we still have something to accomplish there.

Our troops are worth more than the occupation of a desperate foreign nation. There is no pride in killing. Anyone who has experienced war KNOWS this. Our troops are OUR people. Why should we sacrifice our men and women for any reason other than national security? Tell me that you self-proclaimed "conservative" swine. The implications only point towards your unconditional support of Bush, and not of OUR TROOPS. Ridiculous.

I find it very shameful that you ever served. To parade around that WMD and liberation was our sole reasons while dismissing what you should have been taught about the Middle East and the decay underneath terrorism, is complete irresponsibility or simple stupidity. To expect any President to state said situation on international television while maintaining a measure of diplomacy for your oil is equally irresponible or simple stupidity.

The implications only point towards your insatiable need to bash, and to use the troop to do it.

What is your purpose, Marine? Is it your purpose to discern the actions of the executive administration or to adhere to them? Nope. You are only to obey. Murtha is retired and has taken his postion. I doubt anything you say in your current position as an unwitting neo-con pawn can dissuade anyone who can think objectively on this matter. Leave the objective thought up to the legislature and intelligence. Play your role as a marine and serve your country. Serve it well. Do not attempt to serve your country with a subjective keyboard as ANY MARINE WOULD NOT DO.

Last edited:
Archon said:
What is your purpose, Marine? Is it your purpose to discern the actions of the executive administration or to adhere to them? Nope. You are only to obey. Murtha is retired and has taken his postion. I doubt anything you say in your current position as an unwitting neo-con pawn can dissuade anyone who can think objectively on this matter. Leave the objective thought up to the legislature and intelligence. Play your role as a marine and serve your country. Serve it well. Do not attempt to serve your country with a subjective keyboard as ANY MARINE WOULD NOT DO.

My purpose is to constantly stay in a physical condition that will allow me to send rounds down range. My personal purpose is to understand my enemy. This is something that I have learned through a decade of study and operational readiness through military intelligence and through Middle East social experts. All of this material existed long before Bush came along and long before your ideas of what a "neo-con pawn" was. I'm willing to bet that our legislative sponsership are mostly made up of people who can't tell a terrorist from their limousine drivers. I wouldn't trust the intelligence of people who are allowing their emotions for the wounded cloud their "intelligence" and have no idea of the civilization we face. :roll:

GySgt said:
My purpose is to constantly stay in a physical condition that will allow me to send rounds down range. My personal purpose is to understand my enemy. This is something that I have learned through a decade of study and operational readiness through military intelligence and through Middle East social experts. All of this material existed long before Bush came along and long before your ideas of what a "neo-con pawn" was. I'm willing to bet that our legislative sponsership are mostly made up of people who can't tell a terrorist from their limousine drivers. I wouldn't trust the intelligence of people who are allowing their emotions for the wounded cloud their "intelligence" and have no idea of the civilization we face. :roll:

Note that I stated that you should serve your country. This means the welfare of the people of this country.. not the itnernational exploits of a defunct administration. I know all too well that, if indeed you are a marine... that I am wasting my keystrokes on you. However, If you were a marine who is determined in taking down and/or resolving the conflict of extreme radical terrorism you would not be here typing back at me in such a manner. Let's not play games. Let's admit who we are... if not as if I don't know EXACTLY who you are anyway. Your attempts to insult the inelligence of the masses may seem victorious to you... However this particular interaction is MUCH different.

Last edited:
Archon said:
Note that I stated that you should serve your country. This means the welfare of the people of this country.. not the itnernational exploits of a defunct administration. I know all too well that, if indeed you are a marine... that I am wasting my keystrokes on you. However, If you were a marine who is determined in taking down and/or resolving the conflict of extreme radical terrorism you would not be here typing back at me in such a manner. Let's not play games. Let's admit who we are... if not as if I don't know EXACTLY who you are anyway. Your attempts to insult the inelligence of the masses may seem victorious to you... However this particular interaction is MUCH different.

You're right. I should get on a plane and fly myself to the Middle East, take out the Arab elite and establish a democracy in Saudi (while maintaining the world's oil supply, of course), then fly to Iran and encourage and support a coup with the youth of that nation because they also want a democracy, then fly over to Syria and take out the baathist Party and allow the reformacist to create their form of Democracy, then I'll fly on over to Palestine and develop their democracy....you know, if I'm serious about it.:roll:

What is sad is that you claim to be intelligent on the subject, but you have yet to speak on anything regarding the decay beneath terrorism. Perhaps you are one of the many who think terrorism is just a few "rogues?"

Are you implying that I am not who I say I am? You might want to find out who I am and what my credentials are before you start shooting your mouth off. Let's not play this game just because SKILMATIC busted you on what you were saying about who you were, shall we? I don't know many Airmen that know a whole hell of a lot of real world issues.

JB Williams has a great piece out today.

"Visibly tired of the outright lies and seeming to finally be fed up with Democrats’ relentless politicization of the war against international terrorism, House Republicans forced House Democrats to put up or shut up! But that’s not how the so-called American press saw it…"

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/....html?id=10103

"Democrats publicly rushed to rhetorically support Rep. John Murtha, a Pennsylvania Democrat and well-respected Vietnam veteran, who had presented a resolution that would force the president to withdraw the nearly 160,000 U.S. troops in Iraq "at the earliest predictable date," whatever that means."

"But when given the opportunity to support the real idea of immediate withdrawal from Iraq in a House vote, they turned tail and voted 403 – 3 against the measure, crying foul, leaving Murtha standing alone with his shorts around his ankles. Even this writer believes Murtha deserved better than that…"

KCConservative said:
JB Williams has a great piece out today.

"Visibly tired of the outright lies and seeming to finally be fed up with Democrats’ relentless politicization of the war against international terrorism, House Republicans forced House Democrats to put up or shut up! But that’s not how the so-called American press saw it…"

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/....html?id=10103

"Democrats publicly rushed to rhetorically support Rep. John Murtha, a Pennsylvania Democrat and well-respected Vietnam veteran, who had presented a resolution that would force the president to withdraw the nearly 160,000 U.S. troops in Iraq "at the earliest predictable date," whatever that means."

"But when given the opportunity to support the real idea of immediate withdrawal from Iraq in a House vote, they turned tail and voted 403 – 3 against the measure, crying foul, leaving Murtha standing alone with his shorts around his ankles. Even this writer believes Murtha deserved better than that…"

The resolution was voted down because the republicans wrote the resolution, and worded it so painfully biased that to vote for the resolution would instantly label that person as unpatriotic, and worse, a traitor.

that simply said: "It is the sense of the House of Representatives that the deployment of United States forces in Iraq be terminated immediately."

What is "painfully biased" about that? Agreed, it isn't Murtha's proposal, but it is exactly what many Dems have been calling for.

GySgt said:
Are you implying that I am not who I say I am?

At the time I was Implying that. Now I am stating it without doubt.

GySgt said:
You might want to find out who I am and what my credentials are before you start shooting your mouth off.

Check.

GySgt said:
Let's not play this game just because SKILMATIC busted you on what you were saying about who you were, shall we?

Sure thing bub. Skilmatic tore me to shreds. I had to call my mommy.

I don't know many Airmen that know a whole hell of a lot of real world issues.

I'm discharged and I never was an "airman".

Archon said:
At the time I was Implying that. Now I am stating it without doubt.

Bwahahaha. Get this. Archon thinks I'm some kid playing Marine. I love it.

Eleventh and Twelfth picture down.
http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/ccm/IMU/galleries/1st Mar Div/Mar 03/Mar_03-7.htm
Of course, I've been promoted since.

Archon said:
I'm discharged and I never was an "airman".

Thread = SUPPORT THE TROOPS!! (bring them home)
Post# = 1322

"I have this thing.....Some of us would dare call it a sense of humor. There was no adversity in my response, only his.Thanks though Sarge...I guess while we're brodcasting our branch and rank I might as well do the same. It really doesn't make me feel any more manly though. USAF; 0-3; Discharged (honorably)"

You never were an "airman?" Uh-oh. I believe someone's been caught lying. In the military community, Marines are Marines, Soldiers are in the Army, Sailors are in the Navy, and Airmen are members of the Air Force. Your attempt to play word games by using it as a rank, soley, clearly shows deceit. Once your credibility is blown, your posts become useless.

Last edited:
Originally posted by GySgt:
Eleventh and Twelfth picture down.
Are you asian? Or the guy that looks like Tito Ortiz?

Billo_Really said:
Are you asian? Or the guy that looks like Tito Ortiz?

I guess I'm Tito. There's a picture of me in my profile. This marks the first time an individual contested who I was. Incredible.

Originally posted by GySgt:
I guess I'm Tito. There's a picture of me in my profile. This marks the first time an individual contested who I was. Incredible.
I was a little surprized by that myself.

Back
Top Bottom