• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Murtha on Meet the Press today......

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Did anyoine see Congressman Murtha on Meet the Press Today? I truly believe senility has set in on this guy.......He has gone of the deep end and contradicts himself constantly.........He is hurting our troops in Iraq..He called our military broken again.......I don't care if he is a career military man or not...........He is a partiansan hack and is giving aid and comfort to the enemy....

He needs to seek professional help.............

Navy Pride said:
Did anyoine see Congressman Murtha on Meet the Press Today? I truly believe senility has set in on this guy.......He has gone of the deep end and contradicts himself constantly.........He is hurting our troops in Iraq..He called our military broken again.......I don't care if he is a career military man or not...........He is a partiansan hack and is giving aid and comfort to the enemy....

He needs to seek professional help.............

Lets see here....

Murtha, a Marine who has been there.

OR

Bush, who volunteered to keep the skies of Texas safe from Viet Cong attacks, but couldnt stay off the sauce long enough to take a flight physical, which got him suspended from flying.

I'll put my money on Murtha's credibility.

danarhea said:
Lets see here....

OR

Bush, who volunteered to keep the skies of Texas safe from Viet Cong attacks, but couldnt stay off the sauce long enough to take a flight physical, which got him suspended from flying.

Can you fly a F102 Jet fighter............You always try and change the subject.........If you want to bash Bush make your own thread...........

You liberals always pull that ****.......

Senile? Is that the new right wing ploy to discredit Murtha. I thought Murtha was great and made a nice case about the ineptness of Bush. I can't believe the hypocrasy of the right wing when it comes to Murtha and even Kerry for that matter. They love to play the patriot card and then they engage in cheap attacks against people who served this Country HONORABLY.
I agree....I would take Murtha's opinion over GWB any day.

disneydude said:
Senile? Is that the new right wing ploy to discredit Murtha. I thought Murtha was great and made a nice case about the ineptness of Bush. I can't believe the hypocrasy of the right wing when it comes to Murtha and even Kerry for that matter. They love to play the patriot card and then they engage in cheap attacks against people who served this Country HONORABLY.
I agree....I would take Murtha's opinion over GWB any day.

I'll give it to you that Murtha served honorably. Stil doesn't mean that today he has both his oars in the water. No disrespect to his military past, involved in that comment.
As for Kerry? Nope. He himself admitted to meeting with the enemy while in the service. It was not his job nor his tasking to do so. This would, had anyone else done it, been an act of treason and that person would have wound up in Leavenworth for a looong time.
Please refrain from labeling honorably serving men such as Murtha in a pool with people like Kerry, Clinton and Bush.

Imagine that. A politician telling the truth. Better get him to a shrink. Fast!:shock:

Attack and smear the messenger. A messenger who served our country honorably in so many ways. How low will these people stoop?

Captain America said:
Imagine that. A politician telling the truth. Better get him to a shrink. Fast!:shock:

Attack and smear the messenger. A messenger who served our country honorably in so many ways. How low will these people stoop?

Oh.... much lower than this. If Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven and was critical of a Republican or a Republican's Administrations policies, you can bet that within a few hours, Fox News would have 40 or so "other Apostles" who would have signed affidavits claiming that Jesus was merely tied to the cross, and was taken down as soon as the public left the hill.

I can hear Sean Hannity now. Hannity: "This Jesus is nothing but a Democratic operative. We have over 40 affidavits from other apostles who claim the whole crucification was staged. Ask yourself, if Jesus truly was the Son of God and the Prince of Peace, then why would only 12 of what we now know to be over 50 apostles support his story? The guy is nothing but a liberal out to destroy the president."

As to the original topic, I posted the results of a poll just the other day on here that found that when polled, the majority of the troops serving in Iraq think that we have done largely all we can do and should begin leaving Iraq within a year. Which is pretty much what that "anti-military Murtha" has been saying.

danarhea said:
Lets see here....

OR

What's that you're always saying about "sniping" and "derailing the topic"?

So is it okay for Murtha to have an opinion that differs from yours? I am addressing this to anyone who claims that Murtha is senile. Can you agree that what Murtha is saying has a plausible basis? With close to 60% of Americans NO LONGER supporting this war, Murtha clearly isn't alone. It would be one thing if he was saying something that was just totally out there, but those of you who are saying he needs help are just blowing smoke to attack the messenger. How sad.

danarhea said:

KCConservative said:
What's that you're always saying about "sniping" and "derailing the topic"?

What is the topic of this thread?
Someone questioning the credibility of someone they don't agree with by suggesting that they may have a medical condition. :(

Senility is an old term for what we now call dementia.
Dementia is the gradual loss of mental functions such as the ability to think, reason, remember, and plan.

Now, I'm not trying to pull a Bill Frist (R-Tenn) and diagnose someone via video, but I saw Meet The Press and did not notice that Murtha exhibited any of those symptoms any more than any other politician...:lol: :rofl

aps said:
So is it okay for Murtha to have an opinion that differs from yours? I am addressing this to anyone who claims that Murtha is senile. Can you agree that what Murtha is saying has a plausible basis? With close to 60% of Americans NO LONGER supporting this war, Murtha clearly isn't alone. It would be one thing if he was saying something that was just totally out there, but those of you who are saying he needs help are just blowing smoke to attack the messenger. How sad.

Better sic the SwiftBoaters on him!

Just my opinion....BUT.....a little more than three people outta 10 still believe the Bush line of crapola. And the 3+ people that still swallow it, will never admit they might have remotely been wrong. It goes with the psyche make-up of such individuals. A proud bunch they are. But who cares? There's only three of 'em? Insignificant.:rofl

I don't know how many of you people saw the interview with Russert but he made Murtha look like a partisan hack that he is..........Murtha did not get the soft ball questions he gets from the likes of Chris Matthews.......The guy was stumbling all over himself and trying to defend himself from false statements he has made in the past..........

Now for all you liberals lets talk about Murtha's military service........I have heard no one criticize him for his service.......I myself have thanked him for it on many occasions.....His service does not give him the right to keepo criticizing our troops and repeating over and over that our military is broken because it is not......When he makes those stupid statements all he does is hurt the morale of our find fighting troops in Iraq and gives aid and comfort to the terrorists we are fighting there.......

Hee is not fooling anyone with his rantings and ravings anymore......

All is well! All is well!:roll:

Captain America said:
Better sic the SwiftBoaters on him!

Just my opinion....BUT.....a little more than three people outta 10 still believe the Bush line of crapola. And the 3+ people that still swallow it, will never admit they might have remotely been wrong. It goes with the psyche make-up of such individuals. A proud bunch they are. But who cares? There's only three of 'em? Insignificant.:rofl

I love it the way you liberals and Bush haters always jump on the swiftboat vets and the medal of honor winners who fought very bravely for our country in the Vietnam conflict..............:roll:

Oh and as far as your liberal left wing media polls go I could take a poll here at the Naval Submarine Base at bangor and get a 90 percent approval for what we are doing in Iraq.........

I or none of my active duty friends or veterans that I know have never been polled on these questions.......I can guareentee the results would be very different..............

I give you Bush haters and Liberals credit..........You have talked down the war very well but people in the know are not buying it..........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
I love it the way you liberals and Bush haters always jump on the swiftboat vets and the medal of honor winners who fought very bravely for our country in the Vietnam conflict..............:roll:

Insignificant...................:rofl

Navy Pride said:

The SwiftBoat Veterans ran a campaign against John Kerry. It was utterly despicable. When I am faced with documentation that was created contemporaneously with the Vietnam Conflict versus statements from men who are Bush supporters and attack John Kerry's service while he is running for president against George Bush, which of these two will I accord more probative value? Documentation created contemporaneoulsy to incidents in service or statements made approximately 40 years after service during a presidential election? I just can't decide? *sarcasm*

The SwiftBoat veterans are utter scum. I have NO regard for their service.

I don't think the man is "senile" but I do think he is wrong to suggest our military is broken! They are certainly stretched, tired, and probably need a long break from this conflict, but broken is not the appropriate term for our military, and this man should choose his words more carefully.

aps said:
The SwiftBoat Veterans ran a campaign against John Kerry. It was utterly despicable. When I am faced with documentation that was created contemporaneously with the Vietnam Conflict versus statements from men who are Bush supporters and attack John Kerry's service while he is running for president against George Bush, which of these two will I accord more probative value? Documentation created contemporaneoulsy to incidents in service or statements made approximately 40 years after service during a presidential election? I just can't decide? *sarcasm*

The SwiftBoat veterans are utter scum. I have NO regard for their service.

Wow, that is not like you aps.....The Swiftboat vets are people that served with Kerry in Vietnam.........Democrats and Republicans alike.They know this man better then any of us.........At the very least there are questions that have not been answered about his service there........He made his service in the military the issue when he stepped up and said "Reporting for Duty.".......

He has stated over and over again that he would release his form 180 that details his duty in Iraq but he has not done it.....................

There was a picture published during the campaign last year showing the Swiftboat Officers that served with him in Iraq....There was about 20 officers in the picture and only 2 of them supported Kerry............

At the very least that has to make you wonder........

Deegan said:
I don't think the man is "senile" but I do think he is wrong to suggest our military is broken! They are certainly stretched, tired, and probably need a long break from this conflict, but broken is not the appropriate term for our military, and this man should choose his words more carefully.

Deegan, did you see the interview on Meet the Press with Tim Russert......You might feel different if you did.........

Navy Pride said:
Deegan, did you see the interview on Meet the Press with Tim Russert......You might feel different if you did.........

I did, he was struggling to legitimize his past comments, and not doing a very good job of it. It's sad that he has chosen the military to make his political points with the left, but he has been exposed IMO, and he had no where to run from his own words. He looked like a very angry, very frustrated man, I guess that could be confused as senile, but I just think it's more like desperation at this point.

Navy Pride said:
Wow, that is not like you aps.....The Swiftboat vets are people that served with Kerry in Vietnam.........Democrats and Republicans alike.They know this man better then any of us.........At the very least there are questions that have not been answered about his service there........He made his service in the military the issue when he stepped up and said "Reporting for Duty.".......

He has stated over and over again that he would release his form 180 that details his duty in Iraq but he has not done it.....................

There was a picture published during the campaign last year showing the Swiftboat Officers that served with him in Iraq....There was about 20 officers in the picture and only 2 of them supported Kerry............

At the very least that has to make you wonder........

Navy Pride, I have no respect for anyone who publishes a book bashing someone on a difference of opinion. I mean, really. I would be ashamed to do that sort of thing, but I have class and would never stoop to such a level. Kerry's service has been advertised since he became a senator decades ago. Just because he says, "Reporting for Duty," that is an invitation to have his service attacked?

Again, Navy Pride, so if Kerry's service was so horrendous, why did they wait for him to run for president to publish a book bashing his service? So Kerry subsequently changed his mind and no longer supported the war. Are you telling me that people who serve in combat can't change their minds after they have personally witnessed disturbing situations? We're all different, and none of us really knows what kind of impact combat would have on ourselves.

The fact that people disagree as to Kerry's service means nothing to me. It's a fact of life. Bush was able to find ways to attack John McCain's service, and he was a prisoner of war for more than 5 years. Gee, I wonder how that was possible, considering that Bush never served a day of "active duty" in his life.

Deegan said:
I did, he was struggling to legitimize his past comments, and not doing a very good job of it. It's sad that he has chosen the military to make his political points with the left, but he has been exposed IMO, and he had no where to run from his own words. He looked like a very angry, very frustrated man, I guess that could be confused as senile, but I just think it's more like desperation at this point.

Maybe senility is to strong of a word but it is obvious that Murtha's elevator does not go all the way to the top........Ruseert crucified him in the interview.......

aps said:
Navy Pride, I have no respect for anyone who publishes a book bashing someone on a difference of opinion. I mean, really. I would be ashamed to do that sort of thing, but I have class and would never stoop to such a level. Kerry's service has been advertised since he became a senator decades ago. Just because he says, "Reporting for Duty," that is an invitation to have his service attacked?

Again, Navy Pride, so if Kerry's service was so horrendous, why did they wait for him to run for president to publish a book bashing his service? So Kerry subsequently changed his mind and no longer supported the war. Are you telling me that people who serve in combat can't change their minds after they have personally witnessed disturbing situations? We're all different, and none of us really knows what kind of impact combat would have on ourselves.

The fact that people disagree as to Kerry's service means nothing to me. It's a fact of life. Bush was able to find ways to attack John McCain's service, and he was a prisoner of war for more than 5 years. Gee, I wonder how that was possible, considering that Bush never served a day of "active duty" in his life.

aps that is and easy one......Running for the Senate is not the same as running for President

Changing your mind is one thing but lumping all Vietnam vets in saying that we raped and murdered innocent civilians is outrageous.....Meeting with the NVN in Paris bordered on Treason and testifying in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee and saying under oath that he personally commited war crimes in that he razed and burned villages in a no fire zone makes him either guilty of perjury or he should be charged with war crimes............

He sloved to bring up his awards and medals but to this day he won't release he form 180 that tells how he got them..........Don't you wonder why.........

Kerry was a flawed candidate for president......That is why he could not even beat a weak opponent like Bush who was there for the taking........

Reporting for duty my ***!!!!

KCConservative said:

It depends on the content of the book. If there are books calling Bush a drunk, I think they are worthless pieces of crap. If they are books attacking his policies, that's something that someone can write about. Books calling Hillary a lesbian are total crap, and they disgust me. But it's all about making money.

I saw Fahrenheit 9-11. While Michael Moore made some valid points, when he made fun of George Bush and showed him looking like an idiot (when he couldn't remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"), I thought that was utterly appalling. You can make your point without making fun of someone. By making fun of someone and calling them names, people show that they still have the mentality of elementary-school kids.

Back
Top Bottom