• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Murdochs Kick Ailes Out at Fox News

I can't really find the humor in mocking someone's sexual harassment claims.

th

Sorry, but no thanks.

That Fox shows more leg than a Miss America pageant may be entertaining to some, but it clearly creates a culture ripe for harassment. That it finally blew up in their face should not come as a surprise.

Smart, beautiful women with long legs and fabulous shoes aren't a problem for me. And you're pretty much saying that the women are asking for it.

Smart, beautiful women with long legs and fabulous shoes aren't a problem for me. And you're pretty much saying that the women are asking for it.

No. I'm saying Fox was asking for it.

By hiring smart, beautiful women with long legs and fabu shoes?

Excellent article!

a penny-per-record contract with EMI’s Parlophone label Oh geez!

By the way, when they talked about replacing Best with Starr, that was always mysterious to me. Was Best really that poor a drummer, and was Starr reallly that good? I've often wondered what it was like to go through life as Pete Best and watching what happened through the years to his former bandmates.

it wasn’t their beat band talent that had bowled him over. As Martin later remarked, “It wasn’t their music, it was their charisma, the fact that when I was with them they gave me a sense of well-being, of being happy. The music was almost incidental. I thought, ‘If they have this effect on me, they are going to have that effect on their audiences.’”

I LOVE their music. If I could only listen to one group for the rest of my life, it would be them. But I can see how Epstein saw that in 1962. Their presence had to be undeniable.

:mrgreen: don't most men?

Tres - we finally found something in which we are in total agreement! And sadly for Pete Best, who I understand is an incredibly nice guy, Ringo was streets ahead of him as a drummer. You can get the Decca Audition Tapes on cd, which has Pete playing. Not very inspiring. There are a couple of songs that they do at the audition which the Beatles later did with Ringo on drums. No comparison.

I'm with you. If I was stuck on a desert island and had A) electricity and B) some sort of device to play music, and they gave me the option of taking 10 albums with me - they'd all be Beatles. The only difficult choice would be in deciding which ones to leave out.

PS Do you think we're slightly off topic in this discussion? I'm willing to move it to PM's if you like.:2razz:

Tres - we finally found something in which we are in total agreement! And sadly for Pete Best, who I understand is an incredibly nice guy, Ringo was streets ahead of him as a drummer. You can get the Decca Audition Tapes on cd, which has Pete playing. Not very inspiring. There are a couple of songs that they do at the audition which the Beatles later did with Ringo on drums. No comparison.

I'm with you. If I was stuck on a desert island and had A) electricity and B) some sort of device to play music, and they gave me the option of taking 10 albums with me - they'd all be Beatles. The only difficult choice would be in deciding which ones to leave out.

PS Do you think we're slightly off topic in this discussion? I'm willing to move it to PM's if you like.:2razz:

I think this is the second thing we're in total agreement on.;)

Thanks for the education on Best. I honestly had no idea he was that inferior than Starr. By the way, don't get my comments wrong - I positively love Ringo. I was even a fan of his solo career. A woman that I know just came from Majorca, Spain.....:mrgreen:

HAHA yes we're probably off topic but how much more can we say about Roger Ailes and the skirt chasing he may have done? Okay, let me bring it back on topic. I wonder if Ailes is a Beatles fan? If he is, I can forgive him. I think...

You and I do not know that. Ailes could buy MSNBC for chump change and re align it.

based on the 1996 startup cost of $440 million to launch msnbc, ailes and company would have to inject $616 million to launch a similar enterprise today

I think this is the second thing we're in total agreement on.;)

Thanks for the education on Best. I honestly had no idea he was that inferior than Starr. By the way, don't get my comments wrong - I positively love Ringo. I was even a fan of his solo career. A woman that I know just came from Majorca, Spain.....:mrgreen:

HAHA yes we're probably off topic but how much more can we say about Roger Ailes and the skirt chasing he may have done? Okay, let me bring it back on topic. I wonder if Ailes is a Beatles fan? If he is, I can forgive him. I think...

You are absolutely correct. There are two things we are in complete agreement on! I realized that this afternoon when I re-read one of your posts on The Donald.

Highly doubtful Ailes is a Beatles fan. I'd put him more in the Taylor Swift camp, and that would have absolutely nothing to do with her singing ability.

You are absolutely correct. There are two things we are in complete agreement on! I realized that this afternoon when I re-read one of your posts on The Donald.

Highly doubtful Ailes is a Beatles fan. I'd put him more in the Taylor Swift camp, and that would have absolutely nothing to do with her singing ability.

Taylor Swift. :mrgreen:

I'll bet Ailes went to Debbie Gibson concerts in the 1980s.

Fair and balance uh? Why isn't O'Reilly and hannity all over this story... Well I knowc why bill is not
He had his own sexual lawsuit to deal with back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom