• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Murdochs Kick Ailes Out at Fox News

Fox has sexual harassment issues?

hooters[2].jpg

Who knew?

I can't find the harassment in that picture.

Drudge is leading with the rumor that a talent meeting is going to be held and that some big names might walk.

Dopey. And disappointing. They should let it play out (in court or out of court via a settlement or whatever) before they go falling on their Samurai swords.

Maybe Ailes did it. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Kelly is lying. Maybe Carlson is lying. Maybe Ailes is lying. Maybe he didn't harass Van Susteren because she isn't exactly a looker. Who knows? But they should wait for the facts to come out before they turn their network and all of its employees on their heads. With all due respect to Bret Baier, unless he was in the room with Ailes and Carlson, he has no idea what did or didn't happen.

Dopey. And disappointing. They should let it play out (in court or out of court via a settlement or whatever) before they go falling on their Samurai swords.

Maybe Ailes did it. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Kelly is lying. Maybe Carlson is lying. Maybe Ailes is lying. Maybe he didn't harass Van Susteren because she isn't exactly a looker. Who knows? But they should wait for the facts to come out before they turn their network and all of its employees on their heads. With all due respect to Bret Baier, unless he was in the room with Ailes and Carlson, he has no idea what did or didn't happen.

My opinion is that there is an active revolt at Fox currently playing out. This has been going on for some time. It began when Kelly held Trump's feet to the fire in the first GOP debate.

I agree. Lets see what happens. As Hillary says, accusations should be taken seriously. But that doesnt mean we assume accusations are true. Crowley could have felt harrased without having been harrased.

Well, that's right; he has no way of knowing. The ongoing dramarama seems a little premature. But it's summer, and political summers do tend to be silly.

I agree. It's pretty clear the women are harassing the males in that photo. I don't know how TB is missing it. Those women should all be wearing burkhas.

That Fox shows more leg than a Miss America pageant may be entertaining to some, but it clearly creates a culture ripe for harassment. That it finally blew up in their face should not come as a surprise.

That Fox shows more leg than a Miss America pageant may be entertaining to some, but it clearly creates a culture ripe for harassment. That it finally blew up in their face should not come as a surprise.

Burkhas, then. Solves the problem. Now some would say that males should learn some self-control and so on, but we know that's impossible.

Burkhas, then. Solves the problem. Now some would say that males should learn some self-control and so on, but we know that's impossible.

Treating women as sex objects is not the anti-Burka position. But, I certainly do not expect you to grasp that.

Treating women as sex objects is not the anti-Burka position. But, I certainly do not expect you to grasp that.

I grasped that a long time ago and threw it away. The simple truth is that regardless of what transpired, and we don't know, saying that Fox puts a lot of hot women out there isn't an excuse for the men to act as if they're in a candy store.

I grasped that a long time ago and threw it away. The simple truth is that regardless of what transpired, and we don't know, saying that Fox puts a lot of hot women out there isn't an excuse for the men to act as if they're in a candy store.

I've been in companies sued for sexual harassment and lost. The key is "did the company create a culture conducive to sexual harassment?" If the answer is yes, then the check writing begins. It's hard to argue that Fox did not create such a culture.

I've been in companies sued for sexual harassment and lost. The key is "did the company create a culture conducive to sexual harassment?" If the answer is yes, then the check writing begins. It's hard to argue that Fox did not create such a culture.

All the networks have good looking females. Perhaps not in the abundance Fox does, but if it is the case that simply hiring good looking women is enough to create an atmosphere conducive to sexual harassment, then nearly every news outlet has a similar problem. I don't think the mere presence of attractive women is enough to establish a culture conducive to anything in particular.

Ailes should have used Bill O'Reilly's lawyer and just bought 'em out like Billo did.

All the networks have good looking females. Perhaps not in the abundance Fox does, but if it is the case that simply hiring good looking women is enough to create an atmosphere conducive to sexual harassment, then nearly every news outlet has a similar problem. I don't think the mere presence of attractive women is enough to establish a culture conducive to anything in particular.

They go beyond just hiring attractive women. I think you know that.

They go beyond just hiring attractive women. I think you know that.

They might, but we don't know that is a fact. I agree that having named Ailes as a defendant in a prospective suit would probably be enough to establish what you claim, but the specific action would need to be detailed. We'll never know that because the check writing will likely begin before we ever get to that point. I agree with you there. It is a business, and Murdock will move to protect it. I fully expect the attractive females to remain a part of their staffing effort on air though. How many do you think watch Megan Kelly simply because she's attractive?

'es not dead yet

Seriously, I'd wait for an official announcement. I would not underestimate Ailes' abilities in this kind of fight.

The problem the network has is they may find themselves faced with "The Megan Kelly Network", while their top talent forms another network. There are several ways this can be done, not to mention Kelly has also talked to CNN. She hates Trump, so she'll be right at home there.

Fox news in on top because of it's talent. Kelly is important, but she is not the do all end all of network pretty faces. Fox is not all about her.

They need Ailes to go out honorably or Fox is done.

I'm going to sit tight for a bit until the dust settles and a the official announcements come out.

The problem the network has is they may find themselves faced with "The Megan Kelly Network", while their top talent forms another network. There are several ways this can be done, not to mention Kelly has also talked to CNN. She hates Trump, so she'll be right at home there.

Fox news in on top because of it's talent. Kelly is important, but she is not the do all end all of network pretty faces. Fox is not all about her.

They need Ailes to go out honorably or Fox is done.

I'm going to sit tight for a bit until the dust settles and a the official announcements come out.
this is absurd
starting a national network is not like starting a hot dog stand

this is absurd
starting a national network is not like starting a hot dog stand

The competition is very weak, and all you need is someone who wants to make a run at Murdoch.

The only thing special about Ailes is he pretty much kept away from editorial control.

The competition is very weak, and all you need is someone who wants to make a run at Murdoch.

The only thing special about Ailes is he pretty much kept away from editorial control.

that 'talent' pool is without the skill set to fund and build a new national tv network from scratch

Requiring on air talent to look attractive is the business model, which talent is aware of. Its not the culture. You dont really know what the culture is off air. Thats the only one that matters.

If found guilty, the guy needs to be punished accordingly. Doesn't matter who rang the alarm, who the perp is or where he or she works. People like that are despicable and sick.

It's like the Playboy Bunnies trying to sue Hugh Heffner.

The entertainment business is one big whorehouse.

Back
Top Bottom