• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Murder In Canada

I think further confinement by the use of physical restraints such as legcuffs may be needed solely for remorseless murderers. But as soon as they sincerely repent any extra restraints should be ceased. I don't agree with the death penalty due to the sanctity of life. It shouldn't be an eye for an eye.

It isn't an eye for an eye... it is you choose to cross the line and you face a consequence. Big difference.

Why are you under that impression and why are you making that comment?

Because you deflected by asking me if I thought Aussies were uncouth. That's not what I was saying at all, that's why I made that comment.

Because you deflected by asking me if I thought Aussies were uncouth. That's not what I was saying at all, that's why I made that comment.

I talked about UnAmerican behaviour and you said how would a person from New Zealand know what un-American is? You have not explained whey being from New Zealand is relevant to understanding what is UnAmerican.

That's not at all what I inferred, what I said, without your changing it to suit yourself, is that I was under the impression that New Zealanders were pretty much level headed and rational.

I thought they were too, level headed and rational, likely most of them are. The ones who aren't prejudiced, anti-Canadian and probably anti-American. Can't judge all by a few extreme over-the-toppers. ;)

I see you are ignoring the comment about a New Zealander understanding what UnAmerican is...

Since you aren't a citizen of the United States, you have no credibility accusing any US citizen of being 'un-American'.

Since you aren't a citizen of the United States, you have no credibility accusing any US citizen of being 'un-American'.

Is that your opinion or is that a fact?

I thought they were too, level headed and rational, likely most of them are. The ones who aren't prejudiced, anti-Canadian and probably anti-American. Can't judge all by a few extreme over-the-toppers. ;)

Since you are not a New Zealand citizen, you have no credibility accusing any Kiwi citizen of being prejudiced, anti-Canadian and probably anti-American.

That's not at all what I inferred, what I said, without your changing it to suit yourself, is that I was under the impression that New Zealanders were pretty much level headed and rational.

You can only be under the impression because as you are not a New Zealand citizen you have no credibility in accusing a Kiwi anything.

I talked about UnAmerican behaviour and you said how would a person from New Zealand know what un-American is? You have not explained whey being from New Zealand is relevant to understanding what is UnAmerican.

Because you have an irrational view of Canadians for one thing which illustrates exactly how much you don't know about Canada or the US. If you're assuming that because people in the US disagree -- that it somehow makes them less patriotic Americans than the others, then you're wrong. Being an American is all about dissent and disagreeing with policy. That's the beauty of being an American, our right to free speech and peaceful disagreement are the earmarks of a democracy. To disagree does not equate to being unpatriotic to the US.

Being an American is all about dissent and disagreeing with policy. That's the beauty of being an American, our right to free speech and peaceful disagreement are the earmarks of a democracy. To disagree does not equate to being unpatriotic to the US.

Kiwis are more American than Americans... We have freedom of speech too, but the big difference is that we don't riot and attack each other, drive cars into pedestrians and we actually listen to each other without all the heated rhetoric. There have been very few peaceful disagreements in the USA, from Slavery and a Civil War to Vietnam to what is happening currently.

Because you have an irrational view of Canadians for one thing which illustrates exactly how much you don't know about Canada or the US. If you're assuming that because people in the US disagree that somehow makes them more patriotic Americans than the others, then you're wrong.

Irrational view of Canadians? You think that Canadians that kill innocent people are not blood thirsty and maniacal?

You can only be under the impression because as you are not a New Zealand citizen you have no credibility in accusing a Kiwi anything.

That's exactly right, I have no intention, nor have I ever, of accusing any New Zealander of being un-patriotic.

That's exactly right, I have no intention, nor have I ever, of accusing any New Zealander of being un-patriotic.

Cool... I, on the other hand, have every intention, and right, to accuse Americans of being idiotic and unAmerican when they display such attitudes.

Kiwis are more American than Americans... We have freedom of speech too, but the big difference is that we don't riot and attack each other, drive cars into pedestrians and we actually listen to each other without all the heated rhetoric. There have been very few peaceful disagreements in the USA, from Slavery and a Civil War to Vietnam to what is happening currently.

Irrational view of Canadians? You think that Canadians that kill innocent people are not blood thirsty and maniacal?

Now I think you're just typing any crap that pops into your head for attention. That's it, you're simply an attention seeker, and you aren't even making a tiny bit of sense. You live in a country that has half the population of New York City in your entire country. Please don't even try to equate or compare the two countries statistically for murder rates.

Now I think you're just typing any crap that pops into your head for attention. That's it, you're simply an attention seeker, and you aren't even making a tiny bit of sense. You live in a country that has half the population of New York City in your entire country. Please don't even try to equate or compare the two countries statistically for murder rates.

Not making a bit of sense is you bringing up murder rate statistics when that is not the topic that we are debating.

...and what does population size have to do with anything? NOTHING.

Kiwis are more American than Americans because they actually espouse the values and institutions that Americans claim to have yet mock at every turn.

Don’t be a hypocrite! If Canadians can trash the USA they can expect some trash back!

Don't use the the tragic murder of these two young people as a platform to talk your trash and traipse all over their corpses while you push your agenda. It's revolting.

Don't use the the tragic murder of these two young people as a platform to talk your trash and traipse all over their corpses while you push your agenda. It's revolting.

Oh dear!

That’s dramatic! Traipse all over their corpses? For real? :lamo

That’s dramatic! Traipse all over their corpses? For real? :lamo

You're using their murders as an excuse to go on an anti Canadian rant. Your posts in this thread are proof of that.

Deplorable behavior. Own it.

Cool... I, on the other hand, have every intention, and right, to accuse Americans of being idiotic and unAmerican when they display such attitudes.

You can, but you'll have no credibility. I'll even quote you: "You can only be under the impression because as you are not a New Zealand citizen you have no credibility in accusing a Kiwi anything."

You're using their murders as an excuse to go on an anti Canadian rant. Your posts in this thread are proof of that.

Deplorable behavior. Own it.

Gee sweetie! I don’t recall youse getting upset when the Canadians trash the USA!

Gee sweetie! I don’t recall youse getting upset when the Canadians trash the USA!

I am not your "sweetie". Do not refer to me in that manner again.

I don't care where posters live here. I have no problem with calling anyone out who shows zero humanity by using the the tragic deaths of people to push their stupid agenda.

I don't care where posters live here. I have no problem with calling anyone out who shows zero humanity by using the the tragic deaths of people to push their stupid agenda.

They’re dead. Do you really think they give a **** what I think about Canada?

It isn’t tragic death, it’s ****ing murder!

Don’t be a hypocrite! If Canadians can trash the USA they can expect some trash back!

I guess you have a point. If you ever develop the mental fortitude to do it, have at it. So far you sound like a mindless baboon.

I guess you have a point. If you ever develop the mental fortitude to do it, have at it. So far you sound like a mindless baboon.

Hey now! How is mindless baboon compared to ,,,,,,,, oh say sweetie? What you think?

Back
Top Bottom