• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Murder Fugitive and His Daughter, 15, Killed on California Highway During Shootout with Police

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

"As a result of that, a fire fight ensued. During that fire fight, the suspect vehicle comes to rest — at which time a suspect exits the passenger side of the vehicle wearing tactical gear," Dicus said. "That subject starts to run towards Sheriff's Deputies and during the gun fire goes down."

Deputies then started to clear the car to "make it safe and render medical aid," he added.

He said authorities believe the subject was Savannah, and Graziano was in the driver's seat. Their identities still have to be confirmed with the coroner, Dicus noted.

Savannah was rushed to a local hospital, where she died at 11:52 a.m.

Dicus said the investigation could take a day as authorities sort through the details of the incident.

He later added that it's possible Savannah participated in the shootout; however, authorities are still confirming whether or not she had a weapon on her.

"The only weapon that we're able to confirm right now is a rifle taken from the suspect vehicle," Dicus said.

Heads are going to roll over this one.

This

"That subject starts to run towards Sheriff's Deputies and during the gun fire goes down."

Is a sterile way of saying that they shot her full of holes as she fled from the car. They were specifically chasing the car because Graziano had murdered his wife and abducted his daughter.

Christ almighty. This is absolutely horrible.

Whomever fired on the girl needs to be charged.

Then they started mushmouthing about whether or not she was involved in the firefight. There was only one firearm present, and we know Graziano was firing it.

What a horrible ending. I agree, someone needs to be held accountable.

This read to me like he forced her to put on the gear and appear to participate. She panicked and ran to them (at the cops with guns) when she had the chance. They fired.

Thing is... was she armed when she ran? Didn't they know a 15 year old was kidnapped?

I'll be doing my best to avoid imagining calling the police to report a kidnapped son and then hearing he got blown away by the police.

This read to me like he forced her to put on the gear and appear to participate. She panicked and ran to them (at the guns) when she had the chance. They fired. Thing is... was she armed when she ran? Didn't they know a 15 year old was kidnapped?

I'll be doing my best to avoid imagining calling the police to report a kidnapped son and then hearing he got blown away by the police.

Only one firearm was recovered.

I'm going to hold on judgment until more facts are available. The officers may not have known that there was a potential hostage.... it sounds like the gunman was trying hard to kill the officers e.g. bullets through windshield, a vehicle disabled by gunfire....

Terrible situation, tragic.

This

Is a sterile way of saying that they shot her full of holes as she fled from the car. They were specifically chasing the car because Graziano had murdered his wife and abducted his daughter.

Cop hate will make a man jump to conclusions.

This

We don't train our police to do the things actors play them doing on TV.

They were not trained for this.

Why do you think I'm wrong? You think thug-hugging cops don't exist?

So you're assumption is that all liberals hate cops (including liberal cops)? The only thing you're adding to your argument is confirmation that you're a partisan hack who can't see past his biases.

So you're assumption is that all liberals hate cops (including liberal cops)? The only thing you're adding to your argument is confirmation that you're a partisan hack who can't see past his biases.
Stop inventing shit. I never said anything about "all liberals." I said the fact that Luce is (allegedly) a cop doesn't mean he can't have "cop hate." Again, thug-hugging cops exist.

Back
Top Bottom