• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Munich shooting: Ali David Sonboly identified as gunman

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Munich shooting: Ali David Sonboly identified as gunman behind shopping centre attack | Europe | News | The Independent

Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae told a news conference there are no indications the gunman had links with Isis, identifying the attack as a "classic shooting rampage" and not terrorism.

Mr Andrae said the crime and perpetrator had "absolutely no" link to the issue of refugees.

He said the shooter had been in psychiatric care where he was treated for depression.

So just like the Nice attacker- there is no link to Islamic radicalism. Just another crazy nut who went on a rampage and killed.

The problem here is ''privacy sickness'' . He was ''semi-insane'', yet still able to secure a gun .. His sickness was ''private'' .. a problem in many nations ..

As newly emerging rumors suggest, it looks like this amok run had a closer similarity to school shootings than to recent terrorist attacks.

Well, whoever bet money that this guy was ISIS, or a Islamic terrorist, just lost that bet.

Here's another bet, not a single one of them will change tune and admit they were wrong.

Here's another bet, not a single one of them will change tune and admit they were wrong.

I'm scratching my head at this point. The Telegraph says that this Arab kid targeted only Arabs. I'm going to look for a list of victims' names, just to fact check.

Ali David Sonboly, 18, launched his killing spree in the Bavarian city in an apparent revenge attack for being bullied. It is now thought he targeted youngsters of “Turkish and Arab” origin, having claimed those groups had picked on him in school.
Munich shooting: Teenage killer Ali Sonboly 'inspired by far-right terrorist Anders Breivik' and 'used Facebook offer of free McDonald's food to lure victims'
Is there a rivalry between Turks and Iranians in Germany?

I'm scratching my head at this point. The Telegraph says that this Arab kid targeted only Arabs. I'm going to look for a list of victims' names, just to fact check.

He is NOT AN ARAB!

For **** sake. He was a German. He had Iranian roots.. and even with that, he would never ever be an Arab. He would be a Persian. Calling an Iranian an Arab is highly insulting. It is like calling a Canadian an American, or a Scotsman an Englishman.... just far more insulting. Iranians speak Persian, not Arabic.

He is NOT AN ARAB!

For **** sake. He was a German. He had Iranian roots.. and even with that, he would never ever be an Arab. He would be a Persian. Calling an Iranian an Arab is highly insulting. It is like calling a Canadian an American, or a Scotsman an Englishman.... just far more insulting. Iranians speak Persian, not Arabic.

You won't get far, I've been trying for days to see if these guys could tell the difference between Shia and Sunni as the source of Islamic terrorism in Europe.

He is NOT AN ARAB!

Farsi actually but same difference.;)

...............and we don't want to overly confuse some people so Persian is probably just as well.

For the racistically interested (see what I did there?:mrgreen:) Iranians are also Aryans and not semitic like Arabs.

Confusing world. To some.

You won't get far, I've been trying for days to see if these guys could tell the difference between Shia and Sunni as the source of Islamic terrorism in Europe.
Quit trying to confuse the issue with anything factual, IC.

The whole darn bunch ain't what like we am and that's all that counts.:mrgreen:

Is there a rivalry between Turks and Iranians in Germany?
Yeah, they've been shooting each other in shopping malls for centuries.

Quit trying to confuse the issue with anything factual, IC.

The whole darn bunch ain't what like we am and that's all that counts.:mrgreen:

You're right, I'm just filling in time before going off to the other house and strip some more tile adhesive.

Yeah, they've been shooting each other in shopping malls for centuries.

Good thing I wasn't drinking at that moment.

Farsi actually but same difference.;)

...............and we don't want to overly confuse some people so Persian is probably just as well.

For the racistically interested (see what I did there?:mrgreen:) Iranians are also Aryans and not semitic like Arabs.

Confusing world. To some.

Well most people don't even know to tell the difference between an ethnic group, a people, a regional identity and so on.
Try to explain people that Hispanic is not an ethnic group or that you can be a Jew who is a Muslim and you'll see.

Well most people don't even know to tell the difference between an ethnic group, a people, a regional identity and so on.
Try to explain people that Hispanic is not an ethnic group or that you can be a Jew who is a Muslim and you'll see.
..........and that's not even mentioning Iranians that are Jews or Hispanics that are black.

He is NOT AN ARAB!

Or calling a Dane a human being. ;)

Or calling a Dane a human being. ;)

I would never ever claim that! After all we made the song "Barbie Girl"..... /hangs head in shame.

You're going to be bacon for that comment :)

The ironic thing is, that we dont really consume our own bacon.. we sell it at a premium price to silly people abroad muhhhaaaaa

It was probably no coincidence that the shooting was on the same day as the 5-year anniversary of Norway massacre, by far right Breivik. Even if there ar no evidence of any political motivation.

It was probably no coincidence that the shooting was on the same day as the 5-year anniversary of Norway massacre, by far right Breivik. Even if there ar no evidence of any political motivation.

So far, there are no evidence. :2razz:

So far, there are no evidence. :2razz:

Other than he had Brevik as his whatsapp picture and had searched tons on Brevik and other mass shootings on the internet.. yea no evidence at all.

Other than he had Brevik as his whatsapp picture and had searched tons on Brevik and other mass shootings on the internet.. yea no evidence at all.

And, of course, the religion of Brevik is the fastest growing in the world. Remember Brevik was inspired by Al Qaeda.

Back
Top Bottom