• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mulvaney: Trump would build "steel fence" as concession to Democrats

Oh. I guess you did have to spell it out. I didn't know your position was that even if money was appropriated for a barrier it wouldn't get built.

You do realize he hasn't used that money and wants the taxpayers to pay more for it right???????

Doesn't matter if "Trumpsters" are in favor. You should be asking if "Trump haters" are in favor.

You know...Mulvaney has to try, but I think everyone knows that the Trump haters won't make any deals. They will only oppose anything Trump asks of them. Heck, just wait till we see the mental and verbal gymnastics that bunch comes up with when they are forced to consider the USMCA. You KNOW they are going to oppose it simply because it's something Trump wants.

I think Trump should just go ahead and build the thing any way he can. Take the money from the executive branch. Put the military to work. Hell, declare a national emergency. Just do it.

The only mental and verbal gymnastics going on is from Trumpsters who are showing support for all manner of different types of deals to fund a non-exsistent border wall project thought up by a conman. The "haters" have consistently said no to.

Oh goodie, you want to discuss policy, for like the first time ever. So can you tell me what's so great about USMCA and different from NAFTA?

Just look at the pretext of this thread oh no looks like theyre abandoning a concrete wall

"They" is not Donald who has been all over the map of late. Now he is back to where he was in the campaign as to length of physical border and apparently away from solid concrete. But who knows!

Donald no longer deserves the benefit of a doubt as the Chief Executive if he ever did.

Make a proposal Donald....something Congress can look at and decide how to Appropriate because trying to deal with what is tumbling around in that mind of yours is not governance.

"They" is not Donald who has been all over the map of late. Now he is back to where he was in the campaign as to length of physical border and apparently away from solid concrete. But who knows!

Make a proposal Donald....something Congress can look at and decide how to Appropriate because trying to deal with what is tumbling around in that mind of yours is not governance.

This is what he just said when leaving for Camp David:

TRUMP: "I intend to call head of US Steel & a couple other of our great steel companies to have them come up w/a plate or design of a beautiful steel product, which we now make here, & we'll use that as our barrier"

He doesn't know wtf he wants.

Donald no longer deserves the benefit of a doubt as the Chief Executive if he ever did.

You are like the others and cant figure out how he talks and what he means, its sad. The border patrol already proposed what areas they priorities building more physical barriers so fund it so they can implement it.

I love that you are attempting to say walls and fences are the same thing... Keep digging yourself into a hole. That won't be blocked by a wall or a fence :)

Just pointing out the semantics you and others are attempting is fallacious.

Trump has called the "wall" several things. Attempts to focus on just one word is disingenuous or born out of ignorance.

Just pointing out the semantics you and others are attempting is fallacious.

Trump has called the "wall" several things. Attempts to focus on just one word is disingenuous or born out of ignorance.

Which should prove to you that it's not a real thing!!!!! He's never going to pick one thing and be done with it. It's not gonna happen.

Oh but, DOH!

Golden-spade_1024x1024.jpg

Doh! Technology, who knew? Who can keep up?:2rofll:

So...the coyotes are going to give their group of women and children a shovel? That's going to take care of the wall...that extends six feet into the ground?

LOL!!

It'll be easier to backpack a 30 ft. ladder into the desert.

Which should prove to you that it's not a real thing!!!!! He's never going to pick one thing and be done with it. It's not gonna happen.

So you quoted my post (#39) yet ignored some definitions of "wall".

The only mental and verbal gymnastics going on is from Trumpsters who are showing support for all manner of different types of deals to fund a non-exsistent border wall project thought up by a conman. The "haters" have consistently said no to.

Oh goodie, you want to discuss policy, for like the first time ever. So can you tell me what's so great about USMCA and different from NAFTA?

Non-existent border wall project?

171027-border-wall-prototypes-ew-315p_a4f6e0a8cb960afecce73b663803b85a.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

I didn't say anything about wanting to discuss USMCA vs NAFTA. Take your deflection and shove it. (learn to read while you are shoving, too)

So you quoted my post (#39) yet ignored some definitions of "wall".

And you failed to grasp the reality of the situation:

A) If he picks a fence it is by definition not a wall, even though it may still act in the same manner as a wall. It won't be a wall, nor the wall he promised his supporters in the first place.
B) If he folds to Democrats there won't be a wall.

Conclusion: There will be no wall

View attachment 67247424

I didn't say anything about wanting to discuss USMCA vs NAFTA. Take your deflection and shove it. (learn to read while you are shoving, too)

How much did we pay for those just for Trump to abruptly decide he wants a picket fence instead? Grifters gonna grift.

View attachment 67247424

What wonderful pieces of crap.

Learning to read while shoving it??? Do you think that's why Trump had Stormy Daniels slap him on his butt with Time Magazine???

Where tf did you get that number??? You pull it out of your butt?
BTW, There's already massive underground networks of tunnels that go under the border.

walls-1200.jpg

You can see the explanations for the various required features of the wall here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/national/border-wall-prototypes/?utm_term=.8b4c2b0024eb

And tunnels? Besides the fact that the one in that article doesn't exist anymore, there's this:

“This tunnel would take this drug trafficking organization a long time to construct and would have been very expensive," the criminal complaint states. "Such an endeavor necessarily requires a combination of several individuals on both sides of the border, engaged in an intricate, risky transnational conspiracy to construct such a secretive structure.”

Drug money might justify the risk and effort. People? I don't think so.

And you failed to grasp the reality of the situation:

A) If he picks a fence it is by definition not a wall, even though it may still act in the same manner as a wall. It won't be a wall, nor the wall he promised his supporters in the first place.
B) If he folds to Democrats there won't be a wall.

Conclusion: There will be no wall

Need I repeat some definitions of walls or are you purposely ignoring them to suit your narrative ??

“This tunnel would take this drug trafficking organization a long time to construct and would have been very expensive," the criminal complaint states. "Such an endeavor necessarily requires a combination of several individuals on both sides of the border, engaged in an intricate, risky transnational conspiracy to construct such a secretive structure.”

Nice pictures of ****holes.

I fixed your quote for you:
“This wall would take this criminal organization a long time to construct and would have been very expensive," the criminal complaint states. "Such an endeavor necessarily requires a combination of several individuals on both sides of the border, engaged in an intricate, risky transnational conspiracy to construct what is likely a non-existent and useless structure.”

You see, it's not a win if Trump gets his way.

There is that.
That's why if they can call it a fence even though it acts as a wall then that would be their way out.

Nice pictures of ****holes.

I fixed your quote for you:

yawn...

You should just concede defeat instead of shaming yourself by descending to the depths of altering quotes...especially when the quote comes from the article YOU linked.

Dismissed.

yawn...

You should just concede defeat instead of shaming yourself by descending to the depths of altering quotes...especially when the quote comes from the article YOU linked.

Dismissed.

Why should I concede when you already did?????? Sounds like I won!

You do realize he hasn't used that money and wants the taxpayers to pay more for it right???????

He has replaced some old barriers with more effective ones. He's currently limited as to what he can replace them with. Right now he has to use the old designs.
Some new "walls" are scheduled for construction next month in South Texas. That's good, right?
Tell me, why do you object to helping the Border Patrol by giving them what they asked for?

Doesn't matter if "Trumpsters" are in favor. You should be asking if "Trump haters" are in favor.

You know...Mulvaney has to try, but I think everyone knows that the Trump haters won't make any deals. They will only oppose anything Trump asks of them...

"More than 600,000 foreigners overstayed U.S. visas in 2017"

If Trump asked for funds to crack down on foreigners overstaying their visas, where the real problem is, he would find the Dems willing to compromise. But rump's never ending campaign precludes an actual deal. Making a show of keeping a campaign promise, while ignoring his promise of Mexico paying for it, is his goal. Until then I hope Numnuts continues to take pride in his shutdown.

It'will make my day when Numnuts eats crow...

Btw many of those 600,000 illegal immigrants are white from Canada, Europe and Asia. But no need to crack down on them, they're not brown...

Back
Top Bottom