• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mulvaney to Acting CoS

I was about to say Trump owed Mulvaney big for helping him out of this mess.

But I guess it's a mutually beneficial relationship. For them.

We're screwed. But they have each other's back. I hope.

Wouldn't it be rich if Trump stabbed Mick like he has so many of the others who helped him get where he is?

I am not even sure why the CFPB exists. We should abolish it.

Acting CoS for an Acting POTUS; kinda fits.......two years and change is “acting.”

Posted this in another thread. Sums it up IMHO

What happened to the 5 Trump had on his list???
No, do not say they all turned it down. Really Why?????????
I understand, yes I do, significant legal fees at way beyond what they can afford, so ya I understand all 5 saying NO, and heading to the elevator

Since you beat Bucky out by about 2 minutes, I'll respond to your thread instead of his. (No offense, Bucky.)

Good choice. Mulvaney is well qualified. He has extensive government experience.

Mick Mulvaney

Director of the Office of Management and Budget

John Michael Mulvaney is an American politician of the Republican Party who will serve as President Donald Trump's Acting Chief of Staff.

He is currently serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget and Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since 2017.

Previous offices: Representative SC 5th District (2011 - 2017) · Member of the South Carolina Senate 16th (2009 - 2011) · Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives 45th (2007 - 2009)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Mulvaney

He knows how to run agencies and staff. He understands how Congress and State legislatures work.

I hope he ends up being Trump's permanent CoS.

Posted this in another thread. Sums it up IMHO

What happened to the 5 Trump had on his list???
No, do not say they all turned it down. Really Why?????????
I understand, yes I do, significant legal fees at way beyond what they can afford, so ya I understand all 5 saying NO, and heading to the elevator

Mulvaney is already in the hot-tub........no need to get used to the temperature.....

Since you beat Bucky out by about 2 minutes, I'll respond to your thread instead of his. (No offense, Bucky.)

Good choice. Mulvaney is well qualified. He has extensive government experience.

He knows how to run agencies and staff. He understands how Congress and State legislatures work.

I hope he ends up being Trump's permanent CoS.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...er-financial-protections-bureau-a8320921.html

Thanks for the reply, don’t dis your compatriot, Bucky....

He does know how the system works.

Mulvaney is already in the hot-tub........no need to get used to the temperature.....
Yes
Looks Mulvaney drew the short straw. I’d pity him, but he sucks too so ....
Regardless, he gets the agenda on big corps done. I cannot stand the man, nor what he is doing, but he ain't dumb. And all Trump needs is Corps saying they like Mulvaney, and he has kept away from frenzied feeding on travel/expenses and other things.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...er-financial-protections-bureau-a8320921.html

Thanks for the reply, don’t dis your compatriot, Bucky....

He does know how the system works.

Yes. I like him.

“We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress,” Mr Mulvaney said at an American Bankers Association (ABA) conference in Washington, according to the New York Times. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you.

If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

But, he added: “If you came from back home and sat in my lobby, I talked to you without exception, regardless of the financial contributions.”

Called it. But it was not much of a call.

Mick is already neck deep in Trump corrosive sewage and he has no real job. Was an utter kook in Congress which was his qualification for TrumpWorld.

Mnuchin and Litehizer are covered in Trump sludge as well. Nobody escapes but those two have real jobs. Anybody from outside the Admin was NEVER going to take the job. Can you blame them?

Regardless, he gets the agenda on big corps done. I cannot stand the man, nor what he is doing, but he ain't dumb. And all Trump needs is Corps saying they like Mulvaney, and he has kept away from frenzied feeding on travel/expenses and other things.
His intelligence is very much in question today. And it’s pretty sad commentary that because he hasn’t been caught (yet) at any shenanigans that his star rises in the Trump administration.

His intelligence is very much in question today. And it’s pretty sad commentary that because he hasn’t been caught (yet) at any shenanigans that his star rises in the Trump administration.

Keeping clean, as I stated, he is not stupid, smart as hell, and the job (3 he has) is a springboard for later

They had to go to an inside loyalist. Because who wants to come-in to this hot mess from the outside?

Back
Top Bottom