• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mulvaney recently inquired about top university position: report

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...inquired-about-top-university-position-report

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney has reportedly inquired about the possibility of becoming president of the University of South Carolina in his home state.

The New York Times reported Monday that Mulvaney, who also heads the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), reached out to a university official as recently as late last year to talk about the position.

A person close to Mulvaney told the Times that he is still interested in the university position as of late last week. The school's current president, Harris Pastides, announced last October that he would retire at the end of the academic year.
I never liked the man, that said he is not stupid
Time to leave the sinking SS Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/mulvaney-south-carolina-chief-staff.html

I am sure he would get a much higher salary without the Washington B.S. Not a bad gig if can get it.

I have stated he is a smart man. That would be the smart move, he is 51 and could hold the office for 10 or 15 years

It's hard to see a public university being willing to take on a leader from the Trump administration.

Back
Top Bottom