• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple people wounded in active shooting at mall near Milwaukee

116 mass shootings over 40 years, hah! That's a snowy weekend in Chicago, not 40 years of data :ROFLMAO:

What kind of messed up definition of "mass shooting" are they using?
Actually it's 38 years. So seeing as though you can't even do simple math I doubt that data of any type would be of any real help to you anyways.

I believe the idea is that some whites use "urban" to mean non-white, and that many conservatives would be hoping for a non-white shooter in order to fuel their narratives.
Or better yet. If it's a white guy we can scream racist, white supremacist, KKK.

Don't like the responses you get when you hear the sonic boom of the point breaking the sound barrier as it goes over your head? Then stop missing the ****ing point.
Was that a sonic boom?

It sounded like a fart from here and definitely came form somewhere nowhere near anybody's head.

Or better yet. If it's a white guy we can scream racist, white supremacist, KKK.
I don't think you would if I am correctly remembering the political slant of your past posts, but others sure would.

Well, you just peeped about it. You wouldn't have without the latest gunplay though, would you.
Actually I quite regularly discuss the leftist shithole that is Chiraq, and also regularly discuss real and actual solutions there. So...sorry...but no...your snotty attempt at snark fails.

Again.

116 mass shootings over 40 years, hah! That's a snowy weekend in Chicago, not 40 years of data :ROFLMAO:

What kind of messed up definition of "mass shooting" are they using?
From the report...

"defined by the source as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed"

Actually I quite regularly discuss the leftist shithole that is Chiraq, and also regularly discuss real and actual solutions there. So...sorry...but no...your snotty attempt at snark fails.

Again.
Right. Not, as you said, a peep about it. Want us to look for peeps? As in reports in mainstream media about gun violence in Chicago? Which outlet do you prefer, NBC, ABC, Chicago Sun-Times? I got them keyed up, just say the word.

Correct. His point simply seemed to be that the perpetrator of the violence was not who some conservatives would hope.

That wasn't his point. His point was to call people racist in a round-about manner.

That wasn't his point. His point was to call people racist in a round-about manner.
I don't call people racist if they're not open about it. Consider it a slip of the fingers. It was not this thread specifically where "urban" gangsters were mentioned. Also, I was against calling this a white supremacist shooting from the start, just like I was against calling the black guy burned in the ditch a lynching when many here were flying that flag.

I don't call people racist if they're not open about it. Consider it a slip of the fingers. It was not this thread specifically where "urban" gangsters were mentioned. Also, I was against calling this a white supremacist shooting from the start, just like I was against calling the black guy burned in the ditch a lynching when many here were flying that flag.

Thanks for the clarification. The insertion of "urban" in where it didn't exist seemed to be going for an implication that wasn't there.

From the report...

"defined by the source as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed"
Yea, that's ridiculous. People define mass shooting however they please. Typically, mass shootings involve shootings with at least 4 people injured. There's about a mass shooting per day in the US. That number is up this year partly due to all the peaceful BLM/Antifa protests.

There's been over 500 shootings in US with four or more victims so far this year. You're free to gamble on the demographics involved in these shootings, but keep in mind you typically hear about mass shootings when white people are involved. Trying to pin mass shootings on white supremacists, racism, or any other liberal cause is likely to lead to a lot of cognitive dissonance.

Yea, that's ridiculous. People define mass shooting however they please. Typically, mass shootings involve shootings with at least 4 people injured. There's about a mass shooting per day in the US. That number is up this year partly due to all the peaceful BLM/Antifa protests.

There's been over 500 shootings in US with four or more victims so far this year. You're free to gamble on the demographics involved in these shootings, but keep in mind you typically hear about mass shootings when white people are involved. Trying to pin mass shootings on white supremacists, racism, or any other liberal cause is likely to lead to a lot of cognitive dissonance.

They move the goal posts to pretend these mass shootings are less of a problem. They pretend that if not many people die, or if they are only injured or traumatized that it is ok. These are the same people wanting more covid deaths. Deaths, injuries and suffering of Americans don't matter to these people.

"Mass killing" usually refers to four or more dead so I guess "Mass shooting" just uses the same number but they don't have to all be killed. Pick a number. How many is a 'mass'?
You hear more about white mass shooters probably because gang warfare Isn't news anymore but somebody flipping out and going on a random killing spree is and those people tend to be white men. Serial killers, too. Maybe that's just because there's way more white people so simple arithmetic says more whites go nuts that way. Your guess is good as mine. But I've never heard anyone say mass shooting, mass killing, whatever, is a white supremacy thing. Your use of the term "liberal cause" tells me you've got a cause to serve here, a drum to beat.

"Mass killing" usually refers to four or more dead so I guess "Mass shooting" just uses the same number but they don't have to all be killed. Pick a number. How many is a 'mass'?
You hear more about white mass shooters probably because gang warfare Isn't news anymore but somebody flipping out and going on a random killing spree is and those people tend to be white men. Serial killers, too. Maybe that's just because there's way more white people so simple arithmetic says more whites go nuts that way. Your guess is good as mine. But I've never heard anyone say mass shooting, mass killing, whatever, is a white supremacy thing. Your use of the term "liberal cause" tells me you've got a cause to serve here, a drum to beat.
There's also the fact that mass and serial killings carried out by minorities get less press and attention. One of the USA's most prolific serial killers of all time is a black man, but hardly anyone knows his name, while they can recite Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy etc. Not to mention there was a minority serial killer/shooter recently apprehended, but no thousand page thread for him. When you look at all the cases, not just the ones in national headlines, the racial makeup seems to correlate with the population.

Why would you assume that? Was the shooter wearing a maga hat to identify themselves are gang members and terrorists?
ASHES said "targeted shooting". Gang hits are usually "targeted shootings".

There's also the fact that mass and serial killings carried out by minorities get less press and attention. One of the USA's most prolific serial killers of all time is a black man, but hardly anyone knows his name, while they can recite Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy etc. Not to mention there was a minority serial killer/shooter recently apprehended, but no thousand page thread for him. When you look at all the cases, not just the ones in national headlines, the racial makeup seems to correlate with the population.
I know the case, the black mass killer in the Navy yard. I even know his name because It's the same as my wife. There was another one back in the 70's who was also in the Navy. I think (don't have time to research it and make sure) that white mass and serial killers way outnumber others, though. I think most black multiple killings are probably gang related but the randomness of other mass and serial killings gets air-time because of the innocence of the victims and the kind of thrill that comes from knowing that anyone could be a victim.

So now we're talking about mass killings and not mass shootings. You hear about white shooters because the media and special interest groups are fixated on using shootings to push gun control legislation and they don't want the perpetrators to black for their political narrative.

Let's also be honest about what's going on here. We're moving on from talk about gun violence to a small percentage of a particular type of gun violence (mass shootings) and then we're taking an even smaller subset of mass shootings and defining the terms and locations that you'll include them in your metric. There are a handful of definitions for "mass shooting" and you've chosen the one that is the most restrictive in its definition because you wanted to blame it on race. Without doing so you'd struggle to even tangentially claim that mass shootings has anything to do with a white people.

I know the case, the black mass killer in the Navy yard. I even know his name because It's the same as my wife. There was another one back in the 70's who was also in the Navy. I think (don't have time to research it and make sure) that white mass and serial killers way outnumber others, though. I think most black multiple killings are probably gang related but the randomness of other mass and serial killings gets air-time because of the innocence of the victims and the kind of thrill that comes from knowing that anyone could be a victim.
I'm talking about Samuel Little, he wasn't in the Navy afaik and didn't commit crimes at a navy yard. He was a serial killer active for over 35 years with 50 confirmed victims and likely many more (confessed to 93).

From the OP article, since updated:

"Preliminary statements from witnesses indicate that the shooter is a white male in his 20s or 30s. Investigators are working on determining the identity of that suspect,"

So not the "urban" gang violence some were hoping for.
Bingo. White guy, so “damn gun nutters/right wing nuts/ white supremacists”. When a black gangbanger shoots up a place it’s “damn guns”.

Back
Top Bottom