• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple people shot on busy street in Washington, D.C., police say

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Another shooting. 1 person of interest identified

A shooting on Friday afternoon left at least four people wounded in Northwest Washington, D.C., authorities say. The D.C. Police Department and other law enforcement agencies are currently searching for a person of interest, and asking residents in the area to shelter in place. During a Friday evening press conference, assistant police chief Stuart Emerman identified Raymond Spencer, 23, of Fairfax, Virginia, as a person of interest in connection to the shooting. He said authorities would like to speak with him, and D.C. police shared photos of him on their Twitter account.

Let's stick to the shooting in this thread, whaddaya say? I'd like to be able to check back for updates.

Sounds like it was a nice neighborhood and if a witness is right that he heard way over 20 shots, the shooter really sucked. Fortunately.

The police mentioned something about the suspect on social media led him to being a person of interest. Anyone know what he was talking about?

If D.c. banned ars and required permits to carry, this wouldn't have happened.

Spencer apparently posted a graphic video of the shooting on 4 chan earlier today.

1650677030635.png

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers, anyone?
Our Firearm, which art concealed
Hallowed be Thy caliber
Thy reload come, O holy Gun
On the street as it is on the range.

Give us this day our daily hollowpoint
And forgive us our misfires
As we thank those who misfire against us.

And lead us not into negative press
But deliver Thyself from regulation.

For Thine is the freeberty, and the MAGA, and the glory forever.

Amen

I'm deflated. Simply deflated.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's not a good feeling to experience, for sure. I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm going out on a limb here, but he looks like a college student. The shooting happened by a university.

What if he was making some kind of point about guns? Not trying to kill anyone? He's still whacked, of course.

Or he's mad about something.

What's interesting is all the attention this gets in NW part of DC. If this happens in NW it's "OMG! Shooting! And white people might actually be the victims! ZOMG!" People get killed all the time in SE and NE and hardly anyone gives a shit.

What's interesting is all the attention this gets in NW part of DC. If this happens in NW it's "OMG! Shooting! And white people might actually be the victims! ZOMG!" People get killed all the time in SE and NE and hardly anyone gives a shit.
I thought of that. It's probably not the first time 4 people got shot in DC this year. But it interfered with a PREP SCHOOL! It wasn't black folk shooting each other, so it counts!

Tbf, the mayor may come out and speak, and the FBI and ATF may get involved every time there's a gang banger shooting in DC, but if so, the coverage must stay local.

Another Democrat city of success.

We can do this until you stop posting bullshit...

States of Incarceration: The Global Context 2021

Government jurisdictions with the highest per capita incarceration rates in the world,
51994265375_c4ff2c204d_b.jpg

Midterms: Poorest states have Republican legislatures, and richest have Democratic ones

Heading into midterms, Republicans are the party of the poor and Democrats a the party of the rich. Look at state legislatures in the poorest states.
www.usatoday.com
October 4, 2018
"Eighteen of the 19 poorest states have legislatures where both chambers are Republican controlled. New Mexico (46th richest, fifth poorest) is Democratic. But there isn’t another blue or purple state until you get to purple Maine (31st richest, 20th poorest) with its “split” legislature ..."

The most populous states,

Wealth in America: Where are the richest and poorest states based on household income?

All 50 states were ranked according to the newly-released median household income figures from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey.
www.usatoday.com
October 8, 2018 (8th, 14th wealthiest large pop. states democratic party controlled, 16th, 24th, 38th were mixed control )

8. California​

• Median household income: $71,805
• Population: 39,536,653 (the highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.8 percent (12th highest)
• Poverty rate: 13.3 percent (22nd highest)

14. New York​

• Median household income: $64,894
• Population: 19,849,399 (4th highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.7 percent (15th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.1 percent (16th highest)

16. Illinois​

• Median household income: $62,992
• Population: 12,802,023 (6th highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate:
5.0 percent (8th highest)
• Poverty rate: 12.6 percent (24th lowest)

24. Pennsylvania​

• Median household income: $59,195
• Population: 12,805,537 (5th highest)
4.9 percent (11th highest)
• Poverty rate: 12.5 percent (22nd lowest)

23. Texas​

• Median household income: $59,206
• Population: 28,304,596 (2nd highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.3 percent (25th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.7 percent (14th highest)

Nearly 600 Towns Get 10% Of Their Budgets (Or More) From Court Fines

A new report reveals hundreds of America’s worst speed traps. Most are in just four states: Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
www.forbes.com Aug. 29, 2019
"..Among those jurisdictions, 80 relied on fines to generate over half of their budget revenue. Most of those municipalities came from just four states: Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma...."

32. Georgia​

• Median household income: $56,183
• Population: 10,429,379 (8th highest)
4.7 percent (14th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.9 percent (11th highest)

33. Michigan​

• Median household income: $54,909
• Population: 9,962,311 (10th highest)
4.6 percent (18th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.2 percent (15th highest)

35. Ohio​

• Median household income: $54,021
• Population: 11,658,609 (7th highest)
5.0 percent (6th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.0 percent (18th highest)

38. North Carolina​

• Median household income: $52,752
• Population: 10,273,419 (9th highest)
4.6 percent (17th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.7 percent (13th highest)

39. Florida​

• Median household income: $52,594
• Population: 20,984,400 (3rd highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.2 percent (25th lowest)
• Poverty rate: 14.0 percent (17th highest)

Last edited:
I thought of that. It's probably not the first time 4 people got shot in DC this year. But it interfered with a PREP SCHOOL! It wasn't black folk shooting each other, so it counts!

Tbf, the mayor may come out and speak, and the FBI and ATF may get involved every time there's a gang banger shooting in DC, but if so, the coverage must stay local.

I live in the DC area. You'll see shootings in the news but the reaction is "Meh", even when people die. I mean I get it, it doesn't happen all the time in NW. It's wealthier. Crime isn't supposed to happen where the rich people live and play. But it's a reminder of crime and how we perceive 'victims' gets reinforced subconsciously. I don't think it's deliberate; it operates on the subconscious level, but it's still creating disparities.

I live in the DC area. You'll see shootings in the news but the reaction is "Meh", even when people die. I mean I get it, it doesn't happen all the time in NW. It's wealthier. Crime isn't supposed to happen where the rich people live and play. But it's a reminder of crime and how we perceive 'victims' gets reinforced subconsciously. I don't think it's deliberate; it operates on the subconscious level, but it's still creating disparities.
same

If D.c. banned ars and required permits to carry, this wouldn't have happened.
you guys ever notice how our resident "progressive" always shows up like a conservative?

He killed himself.

The man suspected of shooting three adults and a child Friday afternoon in the Van Ness neighborhood of Northwest D.C. was found dead in an apartment building in the area.

Police identified 23-year-old Raymond Spencer of Fairfax, Virginia, as a person of interest about 7:30 p.m.

Sources close to the investigation say he was found dead in a bathroom at the AVA Van Ness apartment building.

“We believe the suspect took his own life as MPD officers were entering or breaching the apartment where the suspect was located,” Chief of Police Robert Contee said.
Post #18

Back
Top Bottom