• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple people shot on busy street in Washington, D.C., police say

What a delusional religion that Islam is.
Is Christianity any less delusional, with its flying flaming chariots, four-faced beings, ghosts impregnating virgins and a universe 'created' in seven days? Maybe it isn't the religion itself which is delusional, but the people who believe those absurdities as factual?

Last edited:
Guns.

Again.

And once again our existing laws and their level of enforcement were unable to stop these shootings from happening.

In the United States of America, data available indicates that a death by gunshot in the US happen about every 12 minutes.

Guns.

Again.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

Guns.

Again.

And once again our existing laws and their level of enforcement were unable to stop these shootings from happening.

In the United States of America, data available indicates that a death by gunshot in the US happen about every 12 minutes.

Guns.

Again.

Yes, and where were the 'good guys' with guns who are supposed to leap in like John Wayne saving the fort from rampaging Apache? We hear about them all the time, but they never seem to show up.

Yes, and where were the 'good guys' with guns who are supposed to leap in like John Wayne saving the fort from rampaging Apache? We hear about them all the time, but they never seem to show up.

Hi, snakestretcher!

'Good guys with guns' would just mean there would be more guns around. It can easily be demonstrated through logic that more guns equates to more gunshot deaths. There is no evidence available to conclusively modify that.

Hi, snakestretcher!

'Good guys with guns' would just mean there would be more guns around. It can easily be demonstrated through logic that more guns equates to more gunshot deaths. There is no evidence available to conclusively modify that.

Thank you; fortunately I live in a country where the likelihood of even seeing a gun, let alone being on the receiving end of one, is vanishingly remote!

Thank you; fortunately I live in a country where the likelihood of even seeing a gun, let alone being on the receiving end of one, is vanishingly remote!

Hi again, snakestretcher.

Unfortunately, here in the US a gun may be the last thing that over 40,000 people see each year. Yet, we have little boys in men's clothing playing with guns and opposing legislation which might reduce the carnage. Curiously, some of these gun owners self-identify as 'law-abiding citizens' yet, when asked about giving up their guns should the law require it, some state that they would not obey the law.

We're a complex species, we h. sapiens. We're capable of believing mutually-conflicting ideas and not resolving, or even being aware of, them.

'Nuff said.

Best wishes to you and yours in this borning spring season.

Absolutely. I feel that legislation addressing poverty and mental health would have a far greater impact on shootings, and these laws do not need to have strict penalties to be effective.

Can you be more specific? I assume that you don’t want to make either poverty or mental illness illegal, so what exactly would these laws do?

Ah, so you now admit that banning ars and requiring permits for carry are not conservative programs, and therefore I'm not conservative.

Yeah, most people knew that. It's pretty obvious. Gaslight postings to the contrary haven't swayed anyone. They've all seen through it.
I think the good news for you is that everyone also realizes that you'll never quit playing this game. So truck on brother.

Yes, we should pray that Congress abolishes DC home rule, takes direct control of the police, and begins rounding up criminals and giving them long sentences
Only if we're fascists.

Only if we're fascists.
You have to remember that the poster in question loves authoritarians and fascist regimes; even to the point of expressing admiration for the likes of Augusto Pinochet and his murderous cabal. He even thinks the US should be run as a dictatorship!

i usually say, once a bunch of people are gunned down (high profile), to reset your timers because the next one will be in around 40 more days.

but i'd have been wrong during these last four. they just came so quickly.

I think the good news for you is that everyone also realizes that you'll never quit playing this game. So truck on brother.
Progressives don't stop just because you conservatives wish that we would.

It shouldn't surprise anyone.

Progressives don't stop just because you conservatives wish that we would.

It shouldn't surprise anyone.
nobody believes your game anymore. it's played out.

try something new.

nobody believes your game anymore. it's played out.

try something new.
:) Good news about progress, it happens even though people like you try to fight it. Not as quickly as we would like, but inevitable non the less.

This story has vanished on the mainstream media outlets faster than the New York subway shooting.

Is this progress? Looks to me like regressing to third world status...
Thirty mass shootings in December 2020 alone.
Gun death rates have been declining for 30 years. Basically the same number of people died from guns in 1990 as in 2019, despite a 30% increase in population and a whatever % increase in the number of guns. Like cars accidents, gun death rates have declined, even as progress remains.

This story has vanished on the mainstream media outlets faster than the New York subway shooting.
Nobody dead. Suspect not a white male. Nothing to talk about.

That's the way these stories roll.

Nobody dead. Suspect not a white male. Nothing to talk about.

That's the way these stories roll.
I suppose the fact that both of these shooters have indication of radical racist ideologies is really not that important...

Here's the bottom line and it's the truth. If you want to significantly lessen crime in the United States, we need to rid this country of blacks and third world illegals who don't belong here. In fact, the original framers never intended them to become citizens. Read the 1790 naturalization act. Crime statistics show blacks and Hispanics are a serious problem when it comes to violent crimes and murder against White people. Lincoln had a plan to deport blacks to Senegal and I believe the Caribbean in his second term. To this day I curse John Wilkes Booth for ruining what could have been a blessing for this country had Lincoln been able to carry out his beautiful plan.

Last edited:
Another shooting. 1 person of interest identified

It is Republican congressional baseball season.

Shooter targets Republicans at congressional baseball practice

Jun 15, 2017 ... Two Capitol Hill police officers, a congressional aide and a Republican lobbyist also were shot and injured in a melee during a practice session ...

Congressional baseball shooter fired at least 70 rounds, cased area for months​

By David Shortell, CNN
Updated 5:47 PM EDT, Fri October 6, 2017
softball shooting.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but he looks like a college student. The shooting happened by a university.

What if he was making some kind of point about guns? Not trying to kill anyone? He's still whacked, of course.

Or he's mad about something.

Humm….

The University of the District of Columbia is a way different place than George Mason!

Back
Top Bottom