• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple people shot on busy street in Washington, D.C., police say

From the video and witnesses he might have been firing from a window or the balcony of an apartment building across from the college.

He made a post 'God forgive me.'

He wasn't from DC. The kid had issues.

Bowser's a solid mayor.
Yeah, D.C. should definitely not let non residents carry without permits! That's crazy.

I live in the DC area. You'll see shootings in the news but the reaction is "Meh", even when people die. I mean I get it, it doesn't happen all the time in NW. It's wealthier. Crime isn't supposed to happen where the rich people live and play. But it's a reminder of crime and how we perceive 'victims' gets reinforced subconsciously. I don't think it's deliberate; it operates on the subconscious level, but it's still creating disparities.

I grew UP in that area, left in 1977.
In the Seventies 14th & U was so bad you had to be 100% outta your mind to even go there day or night.
Now it's a decent place to live for the most part.
Trust me, DC may be hectic and it might have its problems but it's doing a lot better than it was back then.

you guys ever notice how our resident "progressive" always shows up like a conservative?
You think banning ars and permitless carry are conservative programs? That's a pretty silly thing to believe. Can you name four or five modern conservatives who are championing those views?

You think banning ars and permitless carry are conservative programs? That's a pretty silly thing to believe. Can you name four or five modern conservatives who are championing those views?
i bet you thought years ago that this game you play was brilliant and would last forever. now it's just played out and everyone sees what you're doing.

Multiple guns and ammunition found in apartment where shooter was found dead.

1650682588274.png

There was also a handgun.

I wonder whose apartment it was. He came to DC for a reason, else he would have just shot up Fairfax.

I grew UP in that area, left in 1977.
In the Seventies 14th & U was so bad you had to be 100% outta your mind to even go there day or night.
Now it's a decent place to live for the most part.
Trust me, DC may be hectic and it might have its problems but it's doing a lot better than it was back then.

Like most East Coast I-95 cities, the worst was during the crack epidemic. Murders every day. It's different now. I think the current surge is just COVID disruption, which is happening everywhere.

From the video and witnesses he might have been firing from a window or the balcony of an apartment building across from the college.

He made a post 'God forgive me.'
He apparently used a tripod. Saw a photo of some weapons. There were at least 3 AR type weapons. It seemed he was firing at random.

If D.c. banned ars and required permits to carry, this wouldn't have happened.

Funny how all the mass murderers are from Texas, Virginia, Colorado, Arizona...I thought "good guys with a gun strapped to each ankle" would stop such madness.

Multiple guns and ammunition found in apartment where shooter was found dead.

View attachment 67386969

There was also a handgun.

Just saw you posted the photo of some of the weapons used.👍

This is just very strange event?

it will never stop.

Funny how all the mass murderers are from Texas, Virginia, Colorado, Arizona...I thought "good guys with a gun strapped to each ankle" would stop such madness.
Do law abding private citzens have personal firearms in Washington, DC?

Not strange enough. A mini Las Vegas shooter. But he wasn't a good shot, fortunately.
We may never know what motivated him.
A young guy... hopefully his social media will give some clues?

You could slow it down if criminals did their full prison time. No more early outs.
But then you have progressive DA's who won't prosecute many crimes.
would you like for me to post a bunch of pics of the husbands who shoot their wives? then you can prove they were criminals previously.

A young guy... hopefully his social media will give some clues?
Hope so.
He's more the typical messed up loner type who I think of when I think of a mass shooter.

Like most East Coast I-95 cities, the worst was during the crack epidemic. Murders every day. It's different now. I think the current surge is just COVID disruption, which is happening everywhere.

I was in LA already during that and was an addict, stopped twenty-seven years ago.

I just have to ask myself the question of, when is any sort of meaningful action going to be taken to stop this unique and horrific American problem?

I just have to ask myself the question of, when is any sort of meaningful action going to be taken to stop this unique and horrific American problem?

Not anytime soon

Not anytime soon
You know, I thought maybe if something really awful happened to a lot of Congress critters, it might actually make a difference. But then I remembered the baseball team shootup, and all they did was increase their own personal security.

Back
Top Bottom