• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Multiple bombings rock Saudi Arabia, including Medina

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Multiple bombings rock Saudi Arabia, including Medina and an American site - CBS News

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Multiple bombings rocked the Arab world's richest country Monday, as violence against innocent Muslims continues to mar the holy Islamic month of Ramadan.

State-linked Saudi news websites say an explosion has gone off outside one of Islam's holiest sites in the city of Medina, the same day that two suicide bombers struck different cities in Saudi Arabia.

State-linked Saudi news websites, quoting unnamed security officials, say the explosion in Medina was caused by a suicide bomber.

Sabq reported that the suicide bomber detonated his vest near a security building outside the sprawling mosque where the Prophet Muhammad is buried, one of Islam's holiest sites. The area was packed with pilgrims for prayer during the final days of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Now a bombing in the holly city. What next?

Meh, don't care. The Sauds export radical extremists thoughts by preaching Wahhabism. This is just chickens coming home to roost. Nothing of value was lost today.

Meh, don't care. The Sauds export radical extremists thoughts by preaching Wahhabism. This is just chickens coming home to roost. Nothing of value was lost today.

When innocents are murdered, there is always something pf value lost. What a callous thing to post.

I'll get this thread back on track, but sending my condolences to the families of the victims. This is horrible. Those who committed the crime are not true Muslims. Not if they attacked the burial site of Muhammad himself. They are clearly criminals.

I'll get this thread back on track, but sending my condolences to the families of the victims. This is horrible. Those who committed the crime are not true Muslims. Not if they attacked the burial site of Muhammad himself. They are clearly criminals.

Did they attack the actual burial site? If not then they are True Muslims... even if they did they are Muslim.

I don't much care either... perhaps this will change Saudi Arabia's foreign policy agenda. Perhaps they will actually do something.

Islamic radicals got different socail and political interrests so it's not the same as others this time with saudi arabians, Growing power of Shia resistence in the gulf and the Sunni radicals of ISIS in Syria and Iraq..
two new players in the middle east that will contribute in many religious violence in the future and they are different than each other with different priorities to do..
I believe that the issue today reveals how weak Egypt. Syria and Iraq have become so Saudi arabia a side with all the late economical decline is the strongest country in the middle east standing against Iran which means assassinations and bombing will be a part of its future as a country..

In this life, they are evil. In the afterlife, revenge will be inevitable...or as we say it here is the Good Old USA, "it's a done deal!" or, if you are Old School, "it's a lead pipe cinch!" Point being, those heathen bastards can bend over and kiss their axxes goodbye!:cool:

Attacking the holy city of the religion you claim to stand by and support and want to spread seems kinda stupid.

ISIS doesn't represent true Muslims. All it represents is a radical minority with a political axe to grind. Bombing the holy city of Medina in the most conservative country in the Middle East should be showing everyone that, yet it seems that many still aren't getting the message.

ISIS doesn't represent true Muslims. All it represents is a radical minority with a political axe to grind. Bombing the holy city of Medina in the most conservative country in the Middle East should be showing everyone that, yet it seems that many still aren't getting the message.

I dont thinks its a factor of not "getting the mesasage", its the fact that millions of christians want to get rid of islam altogether, either by conversion or genocide. They already have an existing hatred of islam, and anything foreign

I dont thinks its a factor of not "getting the mesasage", its the fact that millions of christians want to get rid of islam altogether, either by conversion or genocide. They already have an existing hatred of islam, and anything foreign

I'm not sure it's as extreme as you paint it, but old religious rivalries are definitely part of the culture and politics of the war on terror, for sure.

Can we be sure? For all that talke about how radical ISIS is, the other countries in the ME don't seem particularly interested in stopping them. Imagine of a group of radical Christians took over the dakota's and montana along with the Canadian province of Sasketchewan. Such an "insurgency" wouldn't last a year, even if the U.S. did most of the military operations, Canadians wouldn't take it lying down and neither the U.S. or Canadians would be openly funding such things.

I'm tired of hearing how radical ISIS must be when the entire M.E. is shrugging their shoulders and turning a blind eye.

Back
Top Bottom