• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Muhammed was a pedophile

It relates to the statement you perverted in your question by inserting an age.

I inserted nothing, I was going by what was said in the OP. I went back and checked, I was mistaken, the alleged wife was six, not five. Not a big difference though. Regardless, the claim that this practice was common among Christians has nothing to do with what was posted.

I inserted nothing, I was going by what was said in the OP. I went back and checked, I was mistaken, the alleged wife was six, not five. Not a big difference though. Regardless, the claim that this practice was common among Christians has nothing to do with what was posted.

You quoted Pete, who made no mention of age, and inserted your own unrelated criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
"Everyone was a pedophile back then. Marrying young was the norm in the Christian world as well."

Please provide evidence that marrying at five years of age was ever commonplace among Christians.

You quoted Pete, who made no mention of age, and inserted your own unrelated criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
"Everyone was a pedophile back then. Marrying young was the norm in the Christian world as well."

Please provide evidence that marrying at five years of age was ever commonplace among Christians.

I'm not playing your stupid games. Read the OP, read Pete's post, then read mine.

atleast he wasn't having threesomes with his young daughters like Lot that guy was the worst pedophile... or commanded the mass rape of every woman and child in entire cities like moses

Its a good thing none of these people ever existed, and all these stories are made up fairy tale nonsense, or it be really upsetting

yes but every story has a trace of reality to it. In this case, raping every woman and child in conquered cities was common, and that was the "moses" audience. Just goes to show we should not be looking to ancients for a path to live by today

Here's something I've discovered. If you want to make Medusa disappear, just answer one of her questions.

Here's something I've discovered. If you want to make Medusa disappear, just answer one of her questions.
Medusa seems to be a nice and decent person. She isn't that far gone from humanity. Try to understand her situation and be more patient with her. Remember, native muslims are born into islam without choice. They are the first victims of islam. :peace

I have always wondered what has changed to make it go from normal requirement of group survival to abhorrent evil in our society.

I'd guess increasing lifespans played a part in that transition.

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

It bears pointing out that the Islamic prophet, who according to them is the greatest of all prophets, was a sexual pervert who molested little girl(s). Note by the way that this is not an ad hominem, because it is Islamic doctrine that Muhammed was sinless, thus pointing out his debased deviancy is entirely on point in a criticism of the Islamic religion.

Another thing that needs to be taken from this is an understanding that when ISIS fighters go around molesting little girls, they are only doing as their religion tells them to. It's not because of socioeconomic factors or whatever other nonsense our sociologists want to make up, it is because they follow the perverse religion of Islam.

Contemporary Christian fanatics have also engaged in such abhorrent behavior, rationalizing it based on the Bible. David Koresh and Jim Jones are two, off the top of my head, who had abused children and raped women. You can find plenty of justification for rape and abuse in the Bible if that's what you're looking for, yet the majority of Christian do not accept it.

Medusa seems to be a nice and decent person. She isn't that far gone from humanity. Try to understand her situation and be more patient with her. Remember, native muslims are born into islam without choice. They are the first victims of islam. :peace

thx for your kind words but I have not been a real muslim in most part of my life ,I searched about religions and the historical ,philosophical and l socio economic backgrounds of it and one day I began to feel God by heart after some personal experiences ,and I believe your god is hidden in your own inner man,nobody forces me to believe in God ,I still live in a secular country,I am not victim you see

the thread title tells us about victims

I'd guess increasing lifespans played a part in that transition.

That might have, indeed. More important might be changes in wealth and income. Today we still see parents in poor countries peddle their children rather than letting them starve, when they cannot feed the family. Under these conditions the parents will often put the babies out in the woods, where income from webcams and brothels are cut off by our legislation.

Contemporary Christian fanatics have also engaged in such abhorrent behavior, rationalizing it based on the Bible. David Koresh and Jim Jones are two, off the top of my head, who had abused children and raped women. You can find plenty of justification for rape and abuse in the Bible if that's what you're looking for, yet the majority of Christian do not accept it.

I'm not talking about what some Muslim somewhere has done. I'm talking about what the founder of Islam did.

I'm not talking about what some Muslim somewhere has done. I'm talking about what the founder of Islam did.

You also wrote about what ISIS does. That's the part of your OP I'm addressing.

You also wrote about what ISIS does. That's the part of your OP I'm addressing.

I wrote about it specifically in connection with how Muhammed did the same thing.

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

It bears pointing out that the Islamic prophet, who according to them is the greatest of all prophets, was a sexual pervert who molested little girl(s). Note by the way that this is not an ad hominem, because it is Islamic doctrine that Muhammed was sinless, thus pointing out his debased deviancy is entirely on point in a criticism of the Islamic religion.

Another thing that needs to be taken from this is an understanding that when ISIS fighters go around molesting little girls, they are only doing as their religion tells them to. It's not because of socioeconomic factors or whatever other nonsense our sociologists want to make up, it is because they follow the perverse religion of Islam.

What was that guy's name in Sodom, Lot? The guy who offered his two virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob of Sodomites.

I wrote about it specifically in connection with how Muhammed did the same thing.

Well, one ought to consider the times Muhammad lived--the 6th century I believe, a time when ideas about child abuse had not evolved to the point they are today. Women all over the world were married off young during this time period, and that was probably one of the better alternatives for them. I don't really condemn Muhammad for marrying children. He was doing what was socially acceptable at the time. I do condemn people today we practice such things because they live within a society where they should know better.

OK, but to be fair marrying young women/girls was common back in those days a woman was consider to be a spinster if she were still unmarried at 18. So by todays standards he was as you say, but so were many of our ancestors. And yes, it is not an excuse for Radicals such as ISIS to commit the crimes they have, just so long as you also admit that it is the exception and not the norm among Muslims, or can you be that honest?

What was that guy's name in Sodom, Lot? The guy who offered his two virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob of Sodomites.

I was unaware that Christianity taught that Lot never did anything wrong.

Well, one ought to consider the times Muhammad lived--the 6th century I believe, a time when ideas about child abuse had not evolved to the point they are today. Women all over the world were married off young during this time period, and that was probably one of the better alternatives for them. I don't really condemn Muhammad for marrying children. He was doing what was socially acceptable at the time. I do condemn people today we practice such things because they live within a society where they should know better.

In Europe, the minimum age for marriage was twelve for females. What Muhammed did may have been acceptable under the already existing Arab mores (I don't know if that's actually so or if he set that precedent himself), but it certainly wasn't acceptable in more civilized regions.

And in any case, that's beside the point, Islam teaches that Muhammed was a sinless prophet of God. His pedophila contradicts that whatever the mores of his age were.

OK, but to be fair marrying young women/girls was common back in those days a woman was consider to be a spinster if she were still unmarried at 18. So by todays standards he was as you say, but so were many of our ancestors. And yes, it is not an excuse for Radicals such as ISIS to commit the crimes they have, just so long as you also admit that it is the exception and not the norm among Muslims, or can you be that honest?

I don't care what the norm among Muslims is, my point here concerns the Islamic religion itself, not any given Muslim.

And marriage to nine year olds hasn't been acceptable in the west for some time, if ever. The marriage age for females was constant at twelve from Roman times (if not before) until the 19thand 20th centuries, when it was raised.

I don't care what the norm among Muslims is, my point here concerns the Islamic religion itself, not any given Muslim.

And marriage to nine year olds hasn't been acceptable in the west for some time, if ever. The marriage age for females was constant at twelve from Roman times (if not before) until the 19thand 20th centuries, when it was raised.

It is not the norm among Muslims, funny you seem to think so. I know what your Point is, attacking another religion, it is pretty obvious.
Well, unless you in one of the Mormon sects or some other off-shoot cult and then the age seems to vary. Psst, marrying a girl of 12 still makes you a pedo, raised to what, in the US we have about half a dozen different ages to define who is an adult and who is not, consistency has never been the name of the game when it comes to being "legal".

Back
Top Bottom