• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Muhammed was a pedophile

Oh give me a break. By modern standards our ancestors were pedophiles. Girls were married off at 12+ years of age and it was common.

12=/=9

I might also note that boys were marriageable at 14, and were restricted to one wife, so it's not as if old men marrying 12 year kids was the norm.

Next time you're down and out, try finding a BITTER ATHEIST'S HOMELESS SHELTER.

Yeah it's much better to go to a bitter xtian homeless shelter...:roll:

" ...Historically, child marriage was common around the world. The practice began to be questioned in the 20th century, with the age of individuals' first marriage increasing in many countries and most countries increasing the minimum marriage age.

In ancient and medieval societies, it was common for girls to be betrothed at or even before puberty.[19][20] As Friedman claims, "arranging and contracting the marriage of a young girl were the undisputed prerogatives of her father in ancient Israel." Most girls were married before the age of 15, often at the start of their puberty.[21] In the middle ages the age at marriage seems to have been around puberty throughout the Jewish world.[22] ..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

Take a peek at the list. Children can still marry in some US states with parental permission.

Absolutely nothing to do with my question

" ...Historically, child marriage was common around the world. The practice began to be questioned in the 20th century, with the age of individuals' first marriage increasing in many countries and most countries increasing the minimum marriage age.

In ancient and medieval societies, it was common for girls to be betrothed at or even before puberty.[19][20] As Friedman claims, "arranging and contracting the marriage of a young girl were the undisputed prerogatives of her father in ancient Israel." Most girls were married before the age of 15, often at the start of their puberty.[21] In the middle ages the age at marriage seems to have been around puberty throughout the Jewish world.[22] ..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

Take a peek at the list. Children can still marry in some US states with parental permission.

its almost like pedophilia wasn't even considered a crime until the womens rights movement...strange?

Mahatma Gandhi said something similar.
hinduism is a religion with alot of pedophilia, second only too catholicism maybe

One of the most powerful holy men in India presides over the world’s biggest ashram, Prasanthi Nilayam, or Abode of Peace, in a remote town located in a barren corner of Andhra Pradesh, a desperately poor state in a desperately poor country. The town boasts a shiny planetarium, two hospitals that treat patients for free, a college, a music school and immaculate, colorful playgrounds. Luxury apartment buildings are springing up on land that just a few decades ago was covered with ramshackle mud huts. And there’s a brand-new airport to serve the wealthier devotees of Sathya Sai Baba, a 75-year-old south Indian man with a big bushy Afro and a warm smile.

Somewhere between 10 million and 50 million people worship Sai Baba as God incarnate, and they stream into Puttaparthi from six continents, sleeping in one of the ashram’s 10,000 beds or at one of the town’s many guesthouses. Meanwhile, the growing number of ex-devotees who decry their former master as a sexual harasser, a fraud and even a pedophile has hardly put a dent in his following, though their voices are getting louder.

“Sai Baba was my God — who dares to refuse God? He was free to do whatever he wanted to do with me; he had my trust, my faith, my love and my friendship; he had me in totality,” says Iranian-American former follower Said Khorramshahgol. What Sai Baba chose to do with him, Khorramshahgol says, was to repeatedly call him into private interviews and order him to drop his pants and massage his penis. Other former devotees contend Sai Baba did even more. No matter — in this part of the world, faith is absolute. Believers don’t refuse God, and they don’t question him.

Untouchable? - Salon.com

atleast he wasn't having threesomes with his young daughters like Lot that guy was the worst pedophile... or commanded the mass rape of every woman and child in entire cities like moses

Its a good thing none of these people ever existed, and all these stories are made up fairy tale nonsense, or it be really upsetting

Lot was drunk, his daughters got him drunk. Tell the whole story not just what is convienent for you.

Quran is a holy book ,try to learn much about it before fabricating lies

Where is the lie, or fabricated lies? A little defensive there.

Quran is a holy book ,try to learn much about it before fabricating lies

Well, that's true, it is a book full of holes. You got me there.

did you provide evidence from Qoran ?

To the best of my knowledge there's nothing in the Qur'an that specifically supports marrying a 5 year old, but it's pretty clear that Muslims can marry and have sex with prepubescent girls. Sura 65 (Divorce) tells men how long they have to wait before turning out a women they have divorced to make sure she's not pregnant. Verse 1 covers grown women, while verse 4 deals with post and pre menstrual women, and well as those who are pregnant.

I would have thought you would know that.

65:1 - O Prophet, when you [Muslims] divorce women, divorce them for [the commencement of] their waiting period and keep count of the waiting period.
65:4 - And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth.

any proof from Qoran that proves He was pedophile ?

It is in the Hadith. But you know that.
SUNAN ABU DAWUD

Aisha said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) married me when I was seven years old. The narrator Sulaiman said: Or six years. He had intercourse with me when I was nine years old. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Number 2116)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. According to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4915)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380)

Plenty more where that came from.

Muhammad's Marriage to a Prepubescent Girl and its Moral Implications

Everyone was a pedophile back then. Marrying young was the norm in the Christian world as well.

Yup, marriages with 12 year old girls and younger were the common thing in Medieval Christian Europe. No age of consent back then. To equate present day values with the values people had then is silly.

Yup, marriages with 12 year old girls and younger were the common thing in Medieval Christian Europe. No age of consent back then. To equate present day values with the values people had then is silly.

It was about survival. Girls/women were expected to start breeding as soon as they were able to. It was not uncommon for girls to have had several pregnancies by their 18 year old birthday.. if they made it to that age of course.

Source?

Back
Top Bottom