• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Muhammad slave owner "Tear down the Mosques"[W:132]

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It started with the Confederate monuments. Now there are demands that Washington and Jefferson monuments and memorials be taken down. In fact just this week the church that George Washington attended for over 2 decades announced they would be removing a plaque to Washington because some people didn't feel safe in the church. Are you kidding me? Well President Trump asked "where does it stop" That's a good question. Where do we stop? The prophet Muhammad was a slave trader, he owned slaves. In fact he owned sex slaves and encouraged his followers to do the same. So the question is as we slide down this slippery slope of erasing anything that offends anyone from history. Do we demand that mosques be torn down since the prophet of Islam was a slave owner? My answer, of course not. We must only remove monuments to evil white people like our first president George Washington.

Re: Muhammad slave owner "Tear down the Mosques"

It started with the Confederate monuments. Now there are demands that Washington and Jefferson monuments and memorials be taken down. In fact just this week the church that George Washington attended for over 2 decades announced they would be removing a plaque to Washington because some people didn't feel safe in the church. Are you kidding me? Well President Trump asked "where does it stop" That's a good question. Where do we stop? The prophet Muhammad was a slave trader, he owned slaves. In fact he owned sex slaves and encouraged his followers to do the same. So the question is as we slide down this slippery slope of erasing anything that offends anyone from history. Do we demand that mosques be torn down since the prophet of Islam was a slave owner? My answer, of course not. We must only remove monuments to evil white people like our first president George Washington.

The Left will give slave owners a pass as long as their name was Muhammad because it's politically correct to do so. Only the memories and legacies of white men must be destroyed. It no longer matters about recognizing the achievements of such men -- that now pales in importance to the need to keep the little melting snowflakes from feeling offended.

Slavery is condoned all throughout the Bible. God ordered the murder of every male in a conquered enemy society then the rape and captivity of their women and children. I think you're right, it's time to tear down the Churches for what they represent.

The Left will give slave owners a pass as long as their name was Muhammad because it's politically correct to do so. Only the memories and legacies of white men must be destroyed. It no longer matters about recognizing the achievements of such men -- that now pales in importance to the need to keep the little melting snowflakes from feeling offended.

Nope, we support SgtBrownShirt's call to the destruction of all Abrahamic places of worship.

Yes, but did Jesus own slaves? The answer is no. He was a reformer. Muhammad on the other hand owned sex slaves, murdered innocent people, and was a pedophile. And if you read my op you would see that I said of course we shouldn't tear down the mosques.

My point is that we should not attempt to remove everything that offends. If we insist where will it stop. Is the end goal to sanitize history?

Slavery is condoned all throughout the Bible. God ordered the murder of every male in a conquered enemy society then the rape and captivity of their women and children. I think you're right, it's time to tear down the Churches for what they represent.

Nope, we support SgtBrownShirt's call to the destruction of all Abrahamic places of worship.

You're a little misinformed about that.

There are three Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Islam, Christianity. Only the first two advocated slavery, so, if we're using your logic, we could tear down synagogues and mosques, but not churches.

However, some Christians advocated slavery, so they could be included, while others opposed it.

I suppose if we're really opposed to slavery, we could start by cracking down on slavery that EXISTS yet today in our world. We could start by refusing to trade with nations where slavery is still rampant, despite being banned. According to Wikipedia, the top five countries with rampant current slavery are India, Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and Uzbekistan.

If these people tearing down monuments were truly opposed to real slavery, perhaps they could lobby against trading with those nations or allowing immigrants from those nations until they cleaned up their acts.

So, either the folks tearing down the monuments aren't very bright, or they really don't care about slavery, they just want to be obnoxious.

Or, both.

I vote for both.

My point is that we should not attempt to remove everything that offends. If we insist where will it stop. Is the end goal to sanitize history?

Not just to sanitize, but to revise.

They want to remove the legacies and memories of those whose actions would not be "proper" in today's light. It's a practice in intellectual dishonesty, but I don't think the folks who are advocating the removal of the monuments are too bright. They're more just bandwagon-riders who want to feel as though their lives matter because they've latched onto a "cause."

I don't think they're the brightest crayons in the box.

only the ones the public pays for

you get that history is not being erased people just dont want to honor the slavery loving traitors of the south we will still remember what bastards they weer and their crimes

There are three Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Islam, Christianity. Only the first two advocated slavery, so, if we're using your logic, we could tear down synagogues and mosques, but not churches.

However, some Christians advocated slavery, so they could be included, while others opposed it.

I suppose if we're really opposed to slavery, we could start by cracking down on slavery that EXISTS yet today in our world. We could start by refusing to trade with nations where slavery is still rampant, despite being banned. According to Wikipedia, the top five countries with rampant current slavery are India, Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and Uzbekistan.

If these people tearing down monuments were truly opposed to real slavery, perhaps they could lobby against trading with those nations or allowing immigrants from those nations until they cleaned up their acts.

So, either the folks tearing down the monuments aren't very bright, or they really don't care about slavery, they just want to be obnoxious.

Or, both.

I vote for both.

Ephesians 6:5-8New International Version (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

Timothy 6:1-2New International Version (NIV)

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

Yes, but did Jesus own slaves? The answer is no. He was a reformer. Muhammad on the other hand owned sex slaves, murdered innocent people, and was a pedophile. And if you read my op you would see that I said of course we shouldn't tear down the mosques.

As from today the law in France says that if a mosque houses extremist preaching it may be forced to close for up to six months. Not quite 'tearing down' but a step in the right direction. Imo.

Ephesians 6:5-8New International Version (NIV)

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

Timothy 6:1-2New International Version (NIV)

6 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

The King James Version, which is considered by many as closest to the original documents, uses the term, "servant," not "slave," which indicates being in the employ of another.

Republicans tried to erase Obama from history before he became history.

Or, both.

I vote for both.

The old testament is included in the bible and is the same god, he did not change. The OP's right, time to tear them all down.

Obviously he didn't reform slavery if his followers were still doing it two thousand years after his death. Let's keep it real.

*sigh*

:roll:

https://www.snopes.com/george-washington-historic-church-plaque/

The church is not removing the plaques, but relocating them,

The faux outrage over this is mind blowing.

The old testament is included in the bible and is the same god, he did not change. The OP's right, time to tear them all down.

Now, you're just arguing to argue. LOL

You don't give two hoots about slavery as evidenced by your response.

*sigh*

:roll:

https://www.snopes.com/george-washington-historic-church-plaque/

The faux outrage over this is mind blowing.

It does present an interesting question, though...would racist conservatives rather keep the statues to piss of Black folks, and make the Muslims happy by letting them keep their mosques, or do they take the statues down and make the Black folks happy, just to piss off the Muslims. lolz... What a dilemma! ;)

The King James Version, which is considered by many as closest to the original documents, uses the term, "servant," not "slave," which indicates being in the employ of another.
LOL! I love religion.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You lie. Here's what he said:

"So the question is as we slide down this slippery slope of erasing anything that offends anyone from history. Do we demand that mosques be torn down since the prophet of Islam was a slave owner? My answer, of course not."

Yup, you lie.

im not one of those many im afraid

Now, you're just arguing to argue. LOL

You don't give two hoots about slavery as evidenced by your response.

did he at least ever say to stop slavery?

I don't see any Muslims arguing that slavery was no big deal or that slaves had it good. I especially didn't see any America Muslims firebombing churches full of little children or burning people alive for registering American citizens to vote. That was all "good christians". So spare us the faux indignation. You don't care about Washington; you routinely insult him and his memory, in fact, by trying to equate him to your jumped up slaver heroes.

You, as usual, are just upset no one is giving you free reign to tyrannize and **** all over the Constitution.

Oh you didn't go there....comparing Obama to ANY religious figure??

Oh you didn't go there....comparing Obama to ANY religious figure??

Funny that you connect Obama with mosque or Muhammad instead of Washington or Jefferson.

Maybe Washington was some type of religious leader ?

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom