• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller wants to know about 2016 Trump campaign's ties to NRA

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There has been speculation for nearly a year that NRA may have taken money from Russia to donate to Trump's campaign in order to help him win the election. But today, it's been reported that the special counsel is looking deeper into the NRA's involvement with Russia.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/mueller-nunberg-trump-campaign-nra/index.html

Washington (CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has expressed interest in the Trump campaign's relationship with the National Rifle Association during the 2016 campaign.

"When I was interviewed by the special counsel's office, I was asked about the Trump campaign and our dealings with the NRA," Sam Nunberg, a former Trump campaign aide, told CNN.

The special counsel's team was curious to learn more about how Donald Trump and his operatives first formed a relationship with the NRA and how Trump wound up speaking at the group's annual meeting in 2015, just months before announcing his presidential bid, Nunberg said.

There has been speculation for nearly a year that NRA may have taken money from Russia to donate to Trump's campaign in order to help him win the election. But today, it's been reported that the special counsel is looking deeper into the NRA's involvement with Russia.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/mueller-nunberg-trump-campaign-nra/index.html

Washington (CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has expressed interest in the Trump campaign's relationship with the National Rifle Association during the 2016 campaign.

"When I was interviewed by the special counsel's office, I was asked about the Trump campaign and our dealings with the NRA," Sam Nunberg, a former Trump campaign aide, told CNN.

The special counsel's team was curious to learn more about how Donald Trump and his operatives first formed a relationship with the NRA and how Trump wound up speaking at the group's annual meeting in 2015, just months before announcing his presidential bid, Nunberg said.

ho hum

It is sadder than sad what has happened to the NRA - a once proud American organization dedicated to gun safety and education programs looking out for hunters and other gun owners. First they were radicalized to join the far right wing, then they were pretty much bought and owned by the gun companies themselves who use the NRA as its lobby. Now they carry water for Russia in their attempt to have a puppet in the White House.

Very sad indeed.

I want to know why the NRA would support a man who was vocally in favor of gun control his entire adult life, until about 5 minutes before he decided he wanted to win the Republican candidacy for POTUS.

Trump was even Tweeting right after Sandy Hook how Obama "spoke" for him when Obama called for gun control.

Trump suckered so many people it's painful.

I guess Freedom of Association is now taboo, so let's just delete the 1st Amendment. :roll:

I want to know why the NRA would support a man who was vocally in favor of gun control his entire adult life, until about 5 minutes before he decided he wanted to win the Republican candidacy for POTUS.

Trump was even Tweeting right after Sandy Hook how Obama "spoke" for him when Obama called for gun control.

Trump suckered so many people it's painful.

How many gun right have you lost under Trump; and how many gun control bills have been signed into law; and how many Republicans have introduced them? So throughout the campaign Trump tells conservatives that gun rights are safe under his administration. So why are you surprised the NRA supports him?

I think it is amazing that the NRA is going to do to itself what it thought a bunch of kids from Florida was going to do to them.

It is sadder than sad what has happened to the NRA - a once proud American organization dedicated to gun safety and education programs looking out for hunters and other gun owners. First they were radicalized to join the far right wing, then they were pretty much bought and owned by the gun companies themselves who use the NRA as its lobby. Now they carry water for Russia in their attempt to have a puppet in the White House.

Very sad indeed.

So very true, I am a huge gun supporter but I will have nothing to do with the NRA.

And to think I almost became a lifetime member back in the early eighties.

Now I would join them again the same same day I join PETA...

How many gun right have you lost under Trump; and how many gun control bills have been signed into law; and how many Republicans have introduced them? So throughout the campaign Trump tells conservatives that gun rights are safe under his administration. So why are you surprised the NRA supports him?

How many gun rights did Obama take away?

Under trump we will end up with universal background checks, making any father who gives his son a .22 for Christmas a criminal if he does not go and pay 25 bucks to transfer ownership...

Under trump we will end up with universal background checks, making any father who gives his son a .22 for Christmas a criminal if he does not go and pay 25 bucks to transfer ownership...

Your post is a fail. You didn't address my post in the context it was being made. Predicting what we'll end up with is nonsense, because you don't know.

And your guns (and mine) were safe under Obama.

So tell me how that whole narrative about Dims siezing your guns played out.

I guess Freedom of Association is now taboo, so let's just delete the 1st Amendment. :roll:

Is that what laundering russian money is now? Freedom of Association. My we've come a long way from "there was no collusion" and "I never had any business in Russia". Now it's "SO WHAT! FIRST AMENDMENT!" :lol:

This thread is going off track...probably intentionally.

Let's stick with the OP.

Is the NRA a Russian tool? Yes, or no, and why?

So very true, I am a huge gun supporter but I will have nothing to do with the NRA.

And to think I almost became a lifetime member back in the early eighties.

Now I would join them again the same same day I join PETA...

My husband is a huge gun guy. He doesn't hunt anymore but he has dozens of guns, is active in his gun club, and loves to target shoot constantly. He was an NRA lifetime member and recently told them to stop sending him things. He's also done with them.

Part of it was due to the disgusting comments from the head of the NRA about how crying white mothers (of children killed in their schools) is "ratings gold". My husband is still a right winger, but he has his limits. Not every right winger lost every bit of decency when that loser Trump commandeered the party for his own benefit.

Going to my husband (again), he will begrudgingly admit that he didn't lose a single gun right when Obama was POTUS, even though the NRA and the Republicans convinced him it was going to happen.

Is that what laundering russian money is now? Freedom of Association. My we've come a long way from "there was no collusion" and "I never had any business in Russia". Now it's "SO WHAT! FIRST AMENDMENT!" :lol:

You got proof money was laundered? In fact you have any proof of any of the **** you believe for the last 2 years? NO, you don't.

And your guns (and mine) were safe under Obama.

So tell me how that whole narrative about Dims siezing your guns played out.

Again, you didn't read nor address what was being disgusted.

Again, you didn't read nor address what was being disgusted.

I'm sure you meant discussed, although I think we're all equally disgusted. On that, I assume, we can agree.

I'm sure you meant discussed, although I think we're all equally disgusted. On that, I assume, we can agree.

Yes, of course I did.

Yes, of course I did.

My retort to your quote was to clearly display that, despite the NRA and psychopathic rantings of right wing demagogues, no one has siezed guns. Thus, the NRA ought to be supporting -every- president, since none of them have done what the NRA and Fox News claimed they would do, now did they?

Or, could it be, that Fox and the NRA did what they did for partisan gain?

Yes, the Mueller team of Democrats are taxpayer paid opposition research for the Democratic Party.

Very sad indeed.

Safety and Education

Safety is not only critical in handling firearms but in everyday life. The NRA offers resources and training to ensure the safe and effective use of firearms as well as personal safety. Training courses are available that teach proactive strategies to avoid dangerous situations, self-defense using a firearm, as well as protection inside and outside the home. Don't forget the NRA Gun Safety

https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

Join America's Most Complete Self-defense membership program,
offering training for those who carry a gun.
https://www.nracarryguard.com/

NRA Gun Safety Rules

At the NRA, firearm education and safety is paramount—that’s why we offer a variety of programs and services to promote the safe handling, use and storage of firearms. Whether you’re a parent in search of information about firearm safety in the home, a first-time gun owner, or an old pro looking to brush up on your firearm handling skills, the NRA is here to keep you and your family safe. Explore NRA’s fundamental rules of gun safety, as well as information how to safely store a gun and good cleaning practices.

https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Does your child know what to do if he or she finds a gun? Eddie Eagle program

The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program is a gun accident prevention program that seeks to help parents, law enforcement, community groups and educators navigate a topic paramount to our children’s safety. Eddie and his Wing Team are on a mission to help you teach Pre-K through 4th graders what to do if they ever come across a gun…

https://eddieeagle.nra.org/

NRA School Sheild

We Have A Singular Mission: To Protect Our Children
https://www.nraschoolshield.org/

School security is a complex issue with no simple, single solution. The NRA School Shield program is committed to addressing the many facets of school security, including best practices in security infrastructure, technology, personnel, training, and policy. Through this multidimensional effort, NRA School Shield seeks to engage communities and empower leaders to help make our schools more secure.

NRA Firearm Training

The NRA is recognized nationally as the gold standard for safe firearm training, developing millions of safe, ethical, responsible shooters and instructors. Whether you're a new gun owner in search of training, or an experienced marksman looking to support others, the NRA has a course for you.

https://firearmtraining.nra.org/

The NRA is doing very well. They continue with their core mission that they have embraced for many, many years.
They are as strong as ever. 5 million+ paying members!!

You got proof money was laundered? In fact you have any proof of any of the **** you believe for the last 2 years? NO, you don't.

Plenty. You just call it "fake news" because you want to live in denial protecting your doomed messiah.

Safety and Education

Safety is not only critical in handling firearms but in everyday life. The NRA offers resources and training to ensure the safe and effective use of firearms as well as personal safety. Training courses are available that teach proactive strategies to avoid dangerous situations, self-defense using a firearm, as well as protection inside and outside the home. Don't forget the NRA Gun Safety

https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

Join America's Most Complete Self-defense membership program,
offering training for those who carry a gun.
https://www.nracarryguard.com/

NRA Gun Safety Rules

At the NRA, firearm education and safety is paramount—that’s why we offer a variety of programs and services to promote the safe handling, use and storage of firearms. Whether you’re a parent in search of information about firearm safety in the home, a first-time gun owner, or an old pro looking to brush up on your firearm handling skills, the NRA is here to keep you and your family safe. Explore NRA’s fundamental rules of gun safety, as well as information how to safely store a gun and good cleaning practices.

https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Does your child know what to do if he or she finds a gun? Eddie Eagle program

The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program is a gun accident prevention program that seeks to help parents, law enforcement, community groups and educators navigate a topic paramount to our children’s safety. Eddie and his Wing Team are on a mission to help you teach Pre-K through 4th graders what to do if they ever come across a gun…

https://eddieeagle.nra.org/

NRA School Sheild

We Have A Singular Mission: To Protect Our Children
https://www.nraschoolshield.org/

School security is a complex issue with no simple, single solution. The NRA School Shield program is committed to addressing the many facets of school security, including best practices in security infrastructure, technology, personnel, training, and policy. Through this multidimensional effort, NRA School Shield seeks to engage communities and empower leaders to help make our schools more secure.

NRA Firearm Training

The NRA is recognized nationally as the gold standard for safe firearm training, developing millions of safe, ethical, responsible shooters and instructors. Whether you're a new gun owner in search of training, or an experienced marksman looking to support others, the NRA has a course for you.

https://firearmtraining.nra.org/

The NRA is doing very well. They continue with their core mission that they have embraced for many, many years.
They are as strong as ever. 5 million+ paying members!!

The NRA lost me as a paying member the second they decided to embrace and push a false narrative about gun control that, through many democratic administrations, including Obama's, absolutely never materialized.

I fully support the 2nd amendment, and believe all americans have a right to be armed. I denounce all states that restrict, to an absurd level, ownership - like CA and NJ.

But I disagree with the right wing infestation and embracing of the NRA and their return of the foul hug. Thus, I left it.

Back
Top Bottom