• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller says BuzzFeed article "inaccurate"

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I heard it on CNN. It should be in print in minutes.

Delay the impeachment party. Trump cultist can sleep well for now.

Peter Carr responds to BuzzFeed's article

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...vestigation?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

A spokesperson for special counsel Robert Mueller's office, Peter Carr, disputed aspects of BuzzFeed News’ report.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Carr said.

I don't recall anyone from Mueller's camp making many statements with regards to media articles.

Buzzfeed acknowledged, but the statement is beyond vague.

DxO-LcwU0AATAZA.jpg

You beat me by that much.

I just heard it on CNN. I can't find anything on the Internet about it.

Prepare to hear it from the Trump cult. As if everyone doesn't know that Cohen acted on Trump's instructions. Who believes that Cohen went rogue and lied for Trump on his own?

The thing is we don't know what part of the BuzzFeed article is "inaccurate."

I heard it on CNN. It should be in print in minutes.

Delay the impeachment party. Trump cultist can sleep well for now.

OMG what another fake news report feeding TDSer's amazing.

Mueller will be the Trumpsters hero for a few days now, but then when he drops more crap on Trump and his crime family in the Trumpsters eyes he'll be the villain again.

Kind of like when just before the general election in 2016 Comely was the Trumpsters hero when he went after Clinton. But then when he told the truth about their crime boss Comely became a traitor and liar.

Trumpsters are a fickle and easily lead by the nose bunch.

Hysterical...you can always depend on Dems to screw something up.

When you force Bob Mueller, the man of stone, to comment, you have really screwed up. Mueller was clearly forced to protect his investigation from the immediate and growing pressure to finish now coming from the Dems!!! "You have to get what you have to the House NOW!!!!".

That said, the statement from the Mueller spokesman was very carefully worded. He did not say it was "false". He said that "Buzzfeed's characterization of specific statements to Special Counsel's office and the characterization of documents and testimony obtained by the office regarding Michael Cohen'a Congressional testimony are not accurate". That is a non-denial denial. That is Mueller telling everybody to lay off, blowing up several promising ratings A blocks for the Cable News Networks.

OMG what another fake news report feeding TDSer's amazing.

Muller's team's wording is kind of legalistic.

It's possible that they don't like that this information is leaked. It was a "perjury trap" for Trump and gang. So, maybe they want to cast doubt on this.

It's bad for BuzzFeed because it casts doubt but it's likely that most of the story is true except for some minor detail.

Re: Peter Carr responds to BuzzFeed's article

They's a lot of people out there gonna be eating a lot o' crow over this!

Absolutely. Something like this can ruin BuzzFeed as well. Interesting times.

They's a lot of people out there gonna be eating a lot o' crow over this!

Surely not. This is the one. The absolute one. The glory hole of evidence that ends the Trump Presidency. I know it hasn't been picked up and corroborated by any other actual news agencies, but CNN has been reporting on the BuzzFeed article all day long as if it's their own article, although every now and then they almost whisper that it hasn't actually been confirmed, but that doesn't matter, because this is the one. The one that get's us to subornation of perjury which is an Impeachable offense, and that's all that matters...

/sarcasm

Muller's team's wording is kind of legalistic.

It's possible that they don't like that this information is leaked. It was a "perjury trap" for Trump and gang. So, maybe they want to cast doubt on this.

It's bad for BuzzFeed because it casts doubt but it's likely that most of the story is true except for some minor detail.

buzzfeed has the reputation of a tabloid magazine.
so no there is nothing that casts doubt.

it was inaccurate they knew it was inaccurate and they ran it anyway.

Absolutely. Something like this can ruin BuzzFeed as well. Interesting times.

The truly sad part for me, is that truth and accuracy no longer matter, for either side. BuzzFeed will not be the only "media" outlet that takes a hit over this one - I hope.

The truly sad part for me, is that truth and accuracy no longer matter, for either side. BuzzFeed will not be the only "media" outlet that takes a hit over this one - I hope.

We have entered a time where the media believes it's more important to be first than right.

buzzfeed has the reputation of a tabloid magazine.
so no there is nothing that casts doubt.

it was inaccurate they knew it was inaccurate and they ran it anyway.

I guess we're back to waiting for Mueller's report.

But you know and I know that Cohen didn't lie to Congress on his own initiative. You're just hoping there is no proof. How do you support someone you know is guilty?

We have entered a time where the media believes it's more important to be first than right.

Dead on. How many times do you hear - "We can't confirm, but we believe..." or, "This is subject to change as more information comes available, but at this time we are reporting that..."

So now Cable News Talking heads claiming Mueller is "not doing enough to help news media report accurately". That is not Mueller's job!

Buzzfeed gave the Special Counsel's office an opportunity to comment before they ran the piece. The Special Counsel's office offered a "no comment" and Buzzfeed ran the piece anyway.

Now Buzzfeed says it is trying to determine what parts of their piece the Special Counsel is disputing. Good luck with that Buzzfeed. If you think Mueller is going to play that game with you, good luck. You have got egg on your face now. Don't expect Mueller to help you clean it up.

What this does say is that the House does have to INVESTIGATE. That is ITS job. It should not be railing about Mueller doing its job for it and specific Congressmen need to shut up and do their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom