• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller Probe has Cost $0.

Let what go? This is like a Seinfeld episode; there's nothing here. You made a nothing comment then whined about proving you wrong and I posted that you have nothing in which to prove. Except for your butthurt replies, there still isn't anything.

I guess you haven't noticed that I'm not the topic.

Mueller's purpose was to investigate Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, not unrelated crimes by Manafort, Flynn or anyone else. Mueller and his merry band of Democrat donors are simply out of control and have been for quite a while.

Mueller's purpose was to investigate Russian collusion with the Trump campaign, not unrelated crimes by Manafort, Flynn or anyone else. Mueller and his merry band of Democrat donors are simply out of control and have been for quite a while.

First, that's an incorrect statement. Mueller's assignment was to investigate Russian interference in the election. Any collusion by members of Trump's campaign was secondary.

Second, Mueller is well within his investigatory powers just like Ken Starr was with the Whitewater investigation which turned into a perjury charge and impeachment.

Not Mueller’s fault they uncovered other crimes during the investigation. He ceded those cases to the proper authorities.

It is dangerous when you start talking about prosecutions as revenue streams. But if this is the argument for justifying the prosecutor... those same assets could have been seized with far less resources with a specific prosecution of Mueller using DOD resources.

And by the way, those local DOD resources, used to prosecute several of the cases, aren't in the Mueller total.

Isn’t the argument simply that the investigation has been a minimal net cost to taxpayers, an argument made only in answer to the complaints of excessive cost. Nothing “dangerous” here at least on the Mueller side of the argument.

First, that's an incorrect statement. Mueller's assignment was to investigate Russian interference in the election. Any collusion by members of Trump's campaign was secondary.

Second, Mueller is well within his investigatory powers just like Ken Starr was with the Whitewater investigation which turned into a perjury charge and impeachment.

Manafort is not Trump nor is anything Manafort has been charged with have anything to do with Russian interference in the election.

Mueller's investigation is worth the money so far, but i'm sure that it's far from free.

Well now we know what you...want to believe. Not even a nice try. He was to investigate any and all crimes related.

In fact not surprisingly at all, when the right got the OIC on Clinton, it was for Whitewater and found nothing.

But then Ken Star went after Madison S & L and found nothing, then went after Washington intrigue that had zero to do with either, got a friend

of Lewinsky's to wear a wire to get incrimination on tape, called in the lawyers to intimidate her and shows the right...will stop at nothing to get

somebody on the left who had the temerity to beat a repub. ONE minor conviction.

When it comes to this partisan baloney...the repubs will not stop and are always butthurt and will do anything to get you.

Manafort is not Trump nor is anything Manafort has been charged with have anything to do with Russian interference in the election.

Well we know impartially, that simply is not true.

That is a wish, not an observation. Manafort has been charged with lying. We’ll know more about his, and possibly Trump’s, connection to Russian interference in the election, if any, when Mueller tells us what the lies were.

People commit crimes and instead of paying back the victims, the government gets the money. Just like prostitution, the one getting the money and the one getting screwed isn't necessarily the same person.

People commit crimes and instead of paying back the victims, the government gets the money. Just like prostitution, the one getting the money and the one getting screwed isn't necessarily the same person.

Yeah. That's how I feel when I see a news story of some massive corp that got "fined" billions of $'s. Like the headline is supposed to make me feel good? Because the people that corp screwed over for the billions they made won't see a dime of that fine money. It's like ****ing over people is okay and paying fines is just part of the cost of doing business.

rip people off for $2 billion. Get fined for $1 Billion. I don't see the deterrent.

/OT rant

Wrong, and hilariously wrong.

You might consider reading what he's been tasked with and knowing what you're talking about.

Mueller has no democratic donors and he's in full control.

And it's delicious to watch how that frightens some people.

Yeah. That's how I feel when I see a news story of some massive corp that got "fined" billions of $'s. Like the headline is supposed to make me feel good? Because the people that corp screwed over for the billions they made won't see a dime of that fine money. It's like ****ing over people is okay and paying fines is just part of the cost of doing business.

rip people off for $2 billion. Get fined for $1 Billion. I don't see the deterrent.

/OT rant

So you switched it around from individuals committing crime and the Feds taking the money to make is a discussion of corporation ripping of individuals and the government getting the money. I think you missed the point that is in common in those 2 situations.

Well the government certainly does like to seize properties. Though I wonder where the money from the sales of such would actually go. To fund the Mueller probe? Or somewhere else?

Does it matter? Money on the balance sheet. If Mueller is taking in more than he's spending the OP is correct.

How about you prove me wrong? You can't. Can you? :lamo

I think the article is proof Mueller isn't costing the US a dime, so far; I've read this same information in other places. The real question is, how do YOU prove you right?

So you switched it around from individuals committing crime and the Feds taking the money to make is a discussion of corporation ripping of individuals and the government getting the money. I think you missed the point that is in common in those 2 situations.

Hence why I ended my post with /OT rant. What you said just reminded me of that and I admitted it was off-topic. Don't know what your problem with that is.

Hence why I ended my post with /OT rant. What you said just reminded me of that and I admitted it was off-topic. Don't know what your problem with that is.

I'm not familiar with /OT rant.

1) Some of Manafort's charges are due to accepting and hiding foreign money.
2) Do you expect criminal investigators to turn a blind eye to crimes even if they are only tangential or even completely unrelated to the investigation? Did you deride Starr for doing this during the Whitewater investigation?

Does it matter? Money on the balance sheet. If Mueller is taking in more than he's spending the OP is correct.

Yes it does matter. If "money" is being brought in but is being funneled to the back pockets of some politician or lobbiest, or is sitting idle, or otherwise spend outside the Mueller findings, then it cannot be said that the Mueller case cost no money. It "brought in money" on paper, but "on paper" and "reality" are two different things.

Back
Top Bottom