• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller Probe has Cost $0.

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Thanks to Mr. Trump's wealthy henchmen the federal government has paid for the investigation by seizing the assets of his criminal masterminds. It should be worth noting that Trump raised his estimation of the cost of the Mueller probe by a striking $10 Million in one day. Evidence given: None.

As of September, the fiscal cost of the Mueller investigation was roughly $0.00. By that point, the probe had spent roughly $26 million. But, by striking a plea agreement with Paul Manafort for his myriad white-collar crimes — an agreement that required Trump’s former campaign manager to forfeit five multi-million-dollar properties, a life-insurance policy, and the contents of multiple bank accounts — Mueller’s investigation had acquired somewhere between $26 million and $42 million worth of revenue for the federal treasury.

Note to Trump: The Mueller Probe Costs Roughly $0.00 – Not $40 Million

Yeah, right! :lamo

Thanks to Mr. Trump's wealthy henchmen the federal government has paid for the investigation by seizing the assets of his criminal masterminds. It should be worth noting that Trump raised his estimation of the cost of the Mueller probe by a striking $10 Million in one day. Evidence given: None.

Well the government certainly does like to seize properties. Though I wonder where the money from the sales of such would actually go. To fund the Mueller probe? Or somewhere else?

Fiscal conservatives should love this and be patting Mueller on the back congratulating him.

Yeah, right! :lamo

Prove him wrong with EVIDENCE then. Overall, he is correct with the money they get from Manafort the overall cost is $0.

Fiscal conservatives should love this and be patting Mueller on the back congratulating him.

You are correct, except one problem...there are none on the right that we know of.

WITCH HUNT, WITCH HUNT, BUT BUT HILLARY EMAILS, OBAMA, FAKE NEWS, THERE IS NO COLLUSION, GRRR GRRR, and so on and so on.

WITCH HUNT, WITCH HUNT, BUT BUT HILLARY EMAILS, OBAMA, FAKE NEWS, THERE IS NO COLLUSION, GRRR GRRR, and so on and so on.

....and I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA!

"I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant — which I owned for quite a while — I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia."

It is dangerous when you start talking about prosecutions as revenue streams. But if this is the argument for justifying the prosecutor... those same assets could have been seized with far less resources with a specific prosecution of Mueller using DOD resources.

And by the way, those local DOD resources, used to prosecute several of the cases, aren't in the Mueller total.

I'm anxious to see the bill and accounting for the actual cost, unfiltered and fact-based. I'm sure you can post it. Thanks in advance.

How about you prove me wrong? You can't. Can you? :lamo

Technically mueller owes the taxpayer lots more than that.

Wrongfully Convicted Men Awarded $101M

"A federal judge Thursday ordered the government to pay more than $101 million in the case of four men who spent decades in prison for a 1965 murder they did not commit after the FBI withheld evidence of their innocence.

The judge called the government's defense that the FBI had no duty to get involved because it was a state case "absurd."

Peter Limone, Joseph Salvati and the families of the two other men who died in prison had sued the federal government for malicious prosecution.

They argued Boston FBI agents knew mob hitman Joseph "The Animal" Barboza lied when he named them as killers in the 1965 death of Edward Deegan. They said Barboza was protecting a fellow FBI informant, Vincent "Jimmy" Flemmi, who was involved.

The government argued that federal authorities had no duty to share information with state officials who prosecuted Limone, Salvati, Henry Tameleo and Louis Greco. Federal authorities cannot be held responsible for the results of a state prosecution, a Justice Department lawyer argued."

Did Robert Mueller conspire to keep four innocent men framed by the FBI in prison for life for a murder they did not commit? The Boston Globe and a longtime member of the MA Parole Board say YES.

I wonder why that is?

Deficit spending on a big pentagon etc. is a huge profit center, for one.

Huge tax rate cuts for the right's corporate and investor class constituency secure their $upport.

Real fiscal conservatives know full well none of the repub presidents since RR...have cut taxes.

Taxes aren't cut until spending is cut.

I'm anxious to see the bill and accounting for the actual cost, unfiltered and fact-based. I'm sure you can post it. Thanks in advance.

Long way to go. For comparison purposes, $60 million and 6 years on Clinton...one minor conviction.

Sorry, but since I read the thread, I can see who is butthurt and who isn't without further inquiry.

You're the one that doesn't want to let it go. Since you read the thread, you're probably aware that I'm not the topic. Yes?

You're the one that doesn't want to let it go. Since you read the thread, you're probably aware that I'm not the topic. Yes?

Let what go? This is like a Seinfeld episode; there's nothing here. You made a nothing comment then whined about proving you wrong and I posted that you have nothing in which to prove. Except for your butthurt replies, there still isn't anything.

Back
Top Bottom