• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller investigation into Russian collusion of the 2016 election too narrow

Mueller's collusion to expand to include all Americans

• AGREE

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • DISAGREE

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
With information being uncovered of Russian collusion in the 2016 election with the help of other major Americans besides the Trump campaign and Mueller's investigation straying into non-collusion territory of the Trump campaign for some of his convictions, I think Mueller's mandate should've been changed to include any American involvement in Russian collusion in the 2016 election.

With information being uncovered of Russian collusion in the 2016 election with the help of other major Americans besides the Trump campaign and Mueller's investigation straying into non-collusion territory of the Trump campaign for some of his convictions, I think Mueller's mandate should've been changed to include any American involvement in Russian collusion in the 2016 election.

That has always been the case.

Your proposed scope is much to NARROW. Mueller should have the mandate to investigate all Americans for ANY crime that he/she may have committed.

Perhaps go through the files of every lawyer to see if any clients discussed an issue that may have been criminal. Go through the investment actions of the family and friends of every VP in a publicly traded company to see if insider trading was involved. Have the FBI call them in ask if they ever had two or more drinks and then drove home.

That has always been the case.

Mueller isn't investigating any American who could've colluded with the Russians in the 2016, Mueller is only investigating Trump campaign associates. Case in point: The Podestas are given immunity by the Mueller investigation so they can possibly provide info to help convict Manafort when both Manafort and the Podestas were once foreign agents of Russian provinces and NEITHER DECLARED THEMSELVES AS SUCH BEFORE THE ELECTION.
For being a foreign agent, the Podestas are given immunity and Manafort is in house arrest awaiting prison charges. No, this is not the case. The Mueller investigation is only investigating Trump campaign associates in the meddling of the 2016 election by the Russians.

Last edited:
Your proposed scope is much to NARROW. Mueller should have the mandate to investigate all Americans for ANY crime that he/she may have committed.

Perhaps go through the files of every lawyer to see if any clients discussed an issue that may have been criminal. Go through the investment actions of the family and friends of every VP in a publicly traded company to see if insider trading was involved. Have the FBI call them in ask if they ever had two or more drinks and then drove home.

You're joking, right, or do you like living in a fascist state?

You're joking, right, or do you like living in a fascist state?

Yes I am joking. I guess because of so much nonsense written on this site I should have noted my attempt at satire.

When will Mueller investigate the main stream media for its meddling in the 2016 election or is that outside of Mueller's mandate, too?

Yes I am joking. I guess because of so much nonsense written on this site I should have noted my attempt at satire.

Use an emoji next time, hum?:roll:

Rosenstein's instructions to Mueller on the scope of his investigations are available online.

Look them up sometime rather than post a dopey partisan poll.

Rosenstein's instructions to Mueller on the scope of his investigations are available online.

Look them up sometime rather than post a dopey partisan poll.

I guess I'm saying 'stein's instructions to Mueller to just investigate Trump campaign associates was dopey. Because, the investigation has become partisan. Has become part of the swamp.

Apparently we need to bring this back up again.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3726381/Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.pdf

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Specia] Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.

To the bolded:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4

§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

That mandate means he would be investigating me for parking violations. A handy change of focus if your aim is for the investigation to be hopelessly distracted from investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and every crime that connects to.

There is nothing wrong with the probe. Keep your mouth shut before you go to trial. And that is what the probe is doing right.

That mandate means he would be investigating me for parking violations. A handy change of focus if your aim is for the investigation to be hopelessly distracted from investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and every crime that connects to.

Clearly the main focus seems to have already shifted from Russian interference. Has any American that Mueller indicted been charged with anything that ties to Russian interference.

I wonder what part of the Russian probe caused him to go through Trump's personal lawyer records and phone. You probably agree that the public has the right to know.

Back
Top Bottom