• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller draft report says trump 'helped putin destabilize the united states', watergate journalist s

And we are to believe it is Mueller's team leaking this crap out?

Just like the so called bombshell NYT printed a couple of days ago and had to retract. I'd say the creds for journalists at Newsweek are even lower.

What a smart person would be asking is why all these fabricated drive by shooting stories now? Its looking like some are really desperate.

please share with us/cite the NYT retraction you referenced

Carl Bernstein has spent over 40 years as a member of royalty amoungst the Elite Class...this must be taken into consideration when he goes on national TV speaking what appears to be gossip against the leader of The Rebellion.

I greatly respect Carl Bernstein, and doubt he'd fabricate this. But to believe it, we'd have to believe Mueller's team is leaking. So I'm torn on this article, and not sure what to believe. I am inclined to trust Bernstein, though.

He did not fabricate anything, he simply is repeating gossip that he heard, which we would know if he told us who he heard it from, or even much about them "I cant tell you the name of Deep Throat but I cant tell you that they are a ......:".

Most likely he heard it at a party attended by fellow Trump Haters trying to keep up their morale.

I greatly respect Carl Bernstein, and doubt he'd fabricate this. But to believe it, we'd have to believe Mueller's team is leaking. So I'm torn on this article, and not sure what to believe. I am inclined to trust Bernstein, though.

Well, it could also be that someone is feeding Carl Bernstein false leads,so bad information is coming through channels he respects.

I will wait for the report, although that conclusion is not surprising. I would be suprised if there is an actual leak.. Mueller's team has been very close lipped and professional, much more than the white house staff.

i agree.

Well, it could also be that someone is feeding Carl Bernstein false leads,so bad information is coming through channels he respects.

much like the bogus dubya AWOL material fed to Dan Rather to submarine the legitimacy of his story

that IS a possibility

It's safe to say Bernstein knows more about the Mueller report than you and probably most of the entire world.

Exactly. I mean, Bernstein helped to bring down Nixon, for piss sakes. He's not a lightweight.

I, for one, would love to know who the naysayers would believe, if you can't believe the FBI, the DOJ or a highly credible investigative journalist.

Exactly. I mean, Bernstein helped to bring down Nixon, for piss sakes. He's not a lightweight.

I, for one, would love to know who the naysayers would believe, if you can't believe the FBI, the DOJ or a highly credible investigative journalist.
Donald Trump. Obviously.

Because if there is one thing we know about Republicans, it is that they ALWAYS support the accused and have never stood on the side of law enforcement. Right?

He did not fabricate anything, he simply is repeating gossip that he heard, which we would know if he told us who he heard it from, or even much about them "I cant tell you the name of Deep Throat but I cant tell you that they are a ......:".

Most likely he heard it at a party attended by fellow Trump Haters trying to keep up their morale.
Thing is: Bersntein has a reputation and legacy to protect, as well as having top-flight chops. In these matters he may be the, or one of the, premier journalists and commentators. I find it hard he would state this, without having reasonable faith in its accuracy.

Thing is: Bersntein has a reputation and legacy to protect, as well as having top-flight chops. In these matters he may be the, or one of the, premier journalists and commentators. I find it hard he would state this, without having reasonable faith in its accuracy.

Thing is his allegiance in this day and age is not to the truth or to America...it is to his class in the face of the existential threat that is Trump and The Rebellion.

Also his work has been consistently crap for ages..... dont bother with "He is a Well respected journalist!!" when both he and the entire calling of Journalism's work sucks as bad as it long has....I am not having it.

Last edited:
Donald Trump. Obviously.

Because if there is one thing we know about Republicans, it is that they ALWAYS support the accused and have never stood on the side of law enforcement. Right?

They should ask Trump.

Oh wait - they already did. Their cheerleader Jeanine Pirro asked him outright if he was a Russian agent. He didn't say no.

Cue the right to say, "Well he didn't say yes, either, did he? Hmmm?"

Thing is his allegiance in this day and age is not to the truth or to America...it is to his class in the face of the existential threat that is Trump and The Rebellion.

Good grief, Hawkeye - is it not possible for you to even try to respond to him in the manner in which he responded to you??

Read his post - it's lucid, it's clear, it's well thought out, and it's respectful. Then we have your post.

You aren't even going to try, are you? You seem to have a rubber stamp for all of your posts, no matter how respectful somebody responds to you.

Good grief, Hawkeye - is it not possible for you to even try to respond to him in the manner in which he responded to you??

Read his post - it's lucid, it's clear, it's well thought out, and it's respectful. Then we have your post.

You aren't even going to try, are you? You seem to have a rubber stamp for all of your posts, no matter how respectful somebody responds to you.

I know that you dont groove to me, but you certainly dont need to be obnoxious about it.

Move along and listen to people that you do understand.

Maybe one day you will learn to understand me.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Also his work has been consistently crap for ages..... dont bother with "He is a Well respected journalist!!" when both he and the entire calling of Journalism's work sucks as bad as it long has....I am not having it.
Now you went and got all Zen again ...

Now you went and got all Zen again ...

No this is not about Zen, this is about how I was never a part of the Herd so my take on things is highly unusual and highly valuable.....you would do well to make more of an effort in your listening.

I know that you dont groove to me, but you certainly dont need to be obnoxious about it.

Move along and listen to people that you do understand.

Maybe one day you will learn to understand me.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

I'll let you know when I have a lobotomy. Until then, if someone is respectful to you (as Chomsky always is) at least try to respectful back to him.

No this is not about Zen, this is about how I was never a part of the Herd so my take on things is highly unusual and highly valuable.....you would do well to make more of an effort in your listening.
Alright, sorry about tossing out "Zen".

But I'm not going to argue these big philosophical & theoretical constructs, over the working & pragmatic details of the nuts & bolts political analysis we're trying to do here.

I'll wait for Mueller to say something. Until then its still just "anonymous sources". Remember, when Hillary was being investigated there were "sources" that said that Comey was going to indict her. That didn't happen did it? So I'll wait.
It may not happen often, but I'll post and say I agree with you. :)

While I think the reporting here will ultimately turn out to be close enough to the truth, given how notoriously leak-free the Mueller team has been, it is hard for me to take ANY "source" on their inner workings to be legit, even from someone like Bernstein.

I'm sure Bernstein's source isn't from the Mueller team, but likely from some other government official (likely a federal prosecutor's office), but I'll still just wait for Mueller's report.

Finally! This is the big one! Absolute, corroborated, indisputable proof that Trump is a Putin puppet! It's about time this came out.

Oh...wait...it's more anonymous sources and hearsay without anything tangible behind it.

You do know that if that is the report, it will corroborated, nearly indisputable proof..... no point in getting ahead of ourselves on either side of the ledger.

Back
Top Bottom