• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller continues to be interested in interviewing Trump

Donc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I doubt this interview will take place because of trumps insistent lying.:2wave:

<(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team continues to be interested in interviewing President Donald Trump, two sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.>

[FONT=&quot]Updated 8:35 PM ET, Fri December 14, 2018

<Mueller's stance on interviewing the President has been constant for a year and a half, one of the sources said.>
[/FONT]

<"Nothing has changed in that sense from the first day," the source said.>

<Trump and his lawyers are still opposed to any interview.>

The President's legal team has resumed some discussion with the special counsel in the weeks since Trump responded to written questions, mostly regarding possible collusion and the period before the inauguration, the two sources said.

Mueller's interest in talking with the President is believed to include asking questions about the Trump's state of mind in regard to actions under scrutiny in the obstruction of justice probe.

The two sides agreed to hold off on discussing an interview while the President wrote responses to questions, which were returned just before Thanksgiving. That was seen as a first step to concluding more than a year of back-and-forth talks, and the President's lawyers hoped the answers would bring Mueller closer to finishing his probe.

There has been no indication that Mueller is moving to subpoena the President, one of the sources said. Asked if Mueller had follow-up questions to the President's written responses, the source declined to comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/14/politics/mueller-interview-trump-interest/index.html

I can’t imagine any upside whatsoever for Trump in consenting to such an interview.

I doubt this interview will take place because of trumps insistent lying.:2wave:

<(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team continues to be interested in interviewing President Donald Trump, two sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.>

[FONT="]Updated 8:35 PM ET, Fri December 14, 2018

<Mueller's stance on interviewing the President has been constant for a year and a half, one of the sources said.>
[/FONT]

<"Nothing has changed in that sense from the first day," the source said.>

<Trump and his lawyers are still opposed to any interview.>

The President's legal team has resumed some discussion with the special counsel in the weeks since Trump responded to written questions, mostly regarding possible collusion and the period before the inauguration, the two sources said.

Mueller's interest in talking with the President is believed to include asking questions about the Trump's state of mind in regard to actions under scrutiny in the obstruction of justice probe.

The two sides agreed to hold off on discussing an interview while the President wrote responses to questions, which were returned just before Thanksgiving. That was seen as a first step to concluding more than a year of back-and-forth talks, and the President's lawyers hoped the answers would bring Mueller closer to finishing his probe.

There has been no indication that Mueller is moving to subpoena the President, one of the sources said. Asked if Mueller had follow-up questions to the President's written responses, the source declined to comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/14/politics/mueller-interview-trump-interest/index.html

Well, let's see...

CNN - check

Unnamed sources - check

Unsupported claims - check

Rehash of past speculation - check

Rumors - check

The only thing I wonder is who the sources are. Mueller men? If so, I'd say that indicates he is getting desperate.

I can’t imagine any upside whatsoever for Trump in consenting to such an interview.

No upside for trump…BUTT! The upside for the nation/the small r,s up for election in the Senate in 2020 to see what a he is Liar he is debatable.:2wave:

Well, let's see...

CNN - check

Unnamed sources - check

Rumors - check

The only thing I wonder is who the sources are. Mueller men? If so, I'd say that indicates he is getting desperate.

Why doesn't Trump say, I welcome this investigation which will clear my good name?

Well, let's see...

CNN - check

Unnamed sources - check

Rumors - check

You forgot one check. The attack the messenger check. But you knew that before you posted...DUH.MY BAD.:roll:

Why doesn't Trump say, I welcome this investigation which will clear my good name?

If I remember correctly, Trump has said that already.

And then he has done everything possible to try and hinder that. So like when he said Mexico will pay for the wall (even though he’s threatened to shutdown the government if the taxpayer doesn’t pay it), HE’S A LIAR. And his trumpbot supporters will SUPPORT his lying and breaking the law like the scumbags they are.

He has attacked the investigation and the investigators at every turn.

And then he has done everything possible to try and hinder that. So like when he said Mexico will pay for the wall (even though he’s threatened to shutdown the government if the taxpayer doesn’t pay it), HE’S A LIAR. And his trumpbot supporters will SUPPORT his lying and breaking the law like the scumbags they are.

He has attacked the investigation and the investigators at every turn.

Trump has done nothing to hinder Mueller's investigation. In fact, he's done more than ANY of the past 5 Presidents have done to provide anything the investigator has wanted.

(except let the investigator trap him)

Breaking News!!! :lamo

Mueller & Co. still interested in interviewing Trump

Trump will with 100% certainty break the law in responding to questions about the Russia investigation, because he's a lying **** who his hiding something. Everyone knows it.
He may just be hiding that he doesn't' want anyone to know anything...which would be hilarious. Or he's hiding something more serious.

Either way, he does the American public a great disservice by continuing to stall, obstruct, and attack this investigation every chance he gets.

Trump has done nothing to hinder Mueller's investigation. In fact, he's done more than ANY of the past 5 Presidents have done to provide anything the investigator has wanted.

The worst thing about communicating with people on the Internet is you can really never know if they are like this in real life or just playing a character on the Internet.

The worst thing about communicating with people on the Internet is you can really never know if they are like this in real life or just playing a character on the Internet.

If you are referring to me, what you see here is what you would see if you saw me in real life.

I'm sure the same is true for you.

Oh, B.S. Trump is the President. He works for us. He needs to get his ass down there, and (transparently) clear this up. If not, he should GTFO. It's that simple. Crap, or get off the pot.

Enough of this stuff.

Of course, after finding out the underhanded tactics used against Flynn to create a crime, Trump should never interview with this corrupt P.O.S. Mueller. He's a peice of garbage and should be shut down right away. But that's not really up to Trump. It's up to the spineless GOPer's that would vote to impeach. They need to come out now and let everyone know that they would support Mueller's dismissal. They need some pressure to get there though.

Oh, B.S. Trump is the President. He works for us. He needs to get his ass down there, and (transparently) clear this up. If not, he should GTFO. It's that simple. Crap, or get off the pot.

Enough of this stuff.

???

Clear what up?

You know...maybe it's Mueller who should "Crap, or get off the pot."

What's he supposed to do roll over at every turn?

Remain calm and confident that the investigation will clear his good name would be my guess

???

Clear what up?

Mueller is trying to do that but trump refuses to sit down with him. Go tell your pal trump to do the interview and then maybe mueller could wrap it up. If I can recall correctly, trump said on TV (summer 2017) that he was looking forward to sitting down with mueller. Well, it’s like 18 months later. What gives, trumpo???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was hoping he would act like an honest man with nothing to hide and be cooperative in the belief this investigation will reveal he has clean hands

1. Stop the incessant, crazy tweeting that portrays a guilty, paranoid man

2. Sit down with mueller so he can wrap this crap up

That would be a good start.

???

Clear what up?

Well you were trying to justify why Trump should not sit for Mueller. Trump's not a private citizen. If he wants to hold the office, he should cooperate with the People's investigation. Otherwise, he don't deserve the office. It's that simple.

Mueller is trying to do that but trump refuses to sit down with him. Go tell your pal trump to do the interview and then maybe mueller could wrap it up. If I can recall correctly, trump said on TV (summer 2017) that he was looking forward to sitting down with mueller. Well, it’s like 18 months later. What gives, trumpo???

Exactly! How can this be "wrapped-up", without interviewing the principles:

Trump, Jr., Kushner?

He should get his ass down to his Mueller interview, be honest & transparent, and let Mueller finish his job. It's that simple.

Trump works for us. Not the other way around. That seat behind that desk is his privilege, granted by us.

Back
Top Bottom