• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller continues to be interested in interviewing Trump

Well, the way I see it is:

You want to live in the People's House; you answer the People's questions. Or, GTFO!

It's simple, really.

Really? Same rule, by extention, for working for the people? A lot of people hereabouts defended the Justice Department refusal to cooperate with Nunes probe--, to cooperate with the people's elected representatives.

I doubt this interview will take place because of trumps insistent lying.:2wave:

<(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team continues to be interested in interviewing President Donald Trump, two sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.>

[FONT="]Updated 8:35 PM ET, Fri December 14, 2018

<Mueller's stance on interviewing the President has been constant for a year and a half, one of the sources said.>
[/FONT]

<"Nothing has changed in that sense from the first day," the source said.>

<Trump and his lawyers are still opposed to any interview.>

The President's legal team has resumed some discussion with the special counsel in the weeks since Trump responded to written questions, mostly regarding possible collusion and the period before the inauguration, the two sources said.

Mueller's interest in talking with the President is believed to include asking questions about the Trump's state of mind in regard to actions under scrutiny in the obstruction of justice probe.

The two sides agreed to hold off on discussing an interview while the President wrote responses to questions, which were returned just before Thanksgiving. That was seen as a first step to concluding more than a year of back-and-forth talks, and the President's lawyers hoped the answers would bring Mueller closer to finishing his probe.

There has been no indication that Mueller is moving to subpoena the President, one of the sources said. Asked if Mueller had follow-up questions to the President's written responses, the source declined to comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/14/politics/mueller-interview-trump-interest/index.html

Look for Mueller to threaten an investigation into Barron Trump's conduct in grade school recess periods.

I understand he did something bad in third grade and this cannot go unpunished. I expect a pre-dawn raid by jack booted thugs to confiscate his Transformers back pack.

Same threaten-the-family-member tactics used to get Flynn.

Mueller's motto: "Anything worth getting is worth breaking the law to get".

If I remember correctly, Trump has said that already.

Yeah, same situation as after Trump publicly supported Neo Nazis and the KKK, saying some are "very fine people", and then after days of pressure finally recanted. He has spent almost all his time attacking the investigation, not welcoming it.

Last edited:
Yeah, same situation as after Trump publicly supported Neo Nazis and the KKK, saying some are "very fine people", and then after days of pressure finally recanted. He has spent almost all his time attacking the investigation, not welcoming it.

yawn...

There you go with your nonsense spin again...

You should know that speaking about individuals is not congruent with speaking about groups or organizations those individuals may be a part of.

For example: I think some ladies who are natural redheads are the most attractive women I've ever seen...not congruent with...I think everyone with red hair is attractive.

So what? The investigation continued unabated.

Here's the double secret truth. After attempting to read through several pages of Trump's Capitalized words, misspellings, Incoherent BLATHER, pretzel Logic and more Mueller's team decided they couldn't continue without suffering bleeding eyes and possible brain damage. In the interest of their own health and safety they convinced Mueller to bring Trump in for a face to face.

If due to impaired mental functioning Trump is unable to participate in face to face interviews there are laws that will take that into account. Of course Trump would have to declare his disability and a legitimate qualified physician might be needed to verify Trump's disability. Don't bet the farm on that happening. :2rofll:

He has given Muller everything he's asked for. Maybe it's Muller and co. that should stop acting like the attack dog of a political coup, and admit there was no collusion

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Mueller has asked for a conversation with tRump under oath; that has NOT been given

In other words, Mueller is grasping at straws.

not at all. hillary was not prosecuted because Comey and company determined that hillary's inappropriate behavior was not driven by INTENT to violate the law

Mueller has the same need to evaluate the INTENT of tRump when he participated in violations of the law

If Mueller's investigation depends upon a sit down with Trump, then Mueller has been wasting his time...and our money.

It doesn’t depend solely on that alone, and you know it. But it’s certainly 1 piece of the intricate puzzle. Silly mueller for trying to interview trump. Don’t you worry, mueller has been investigating & gathering evidence without the help of trump. But I’m sure an interview would help him see into trump’s motives (for the obstruction of justice part of the probe, which we all know he’s investigating).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Not gonna happen

2. Not gonna happen

Next

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Well, you asked the question. Don’t ask questions if you don’t really care about the answers to them.

Next.

Why doesn't trump just be interviewed and prove the world that Mueller is wrong?

Bill Clinton, George W and Hillary Clinton have all been interviewed and investigated AT LENGTH over serious criminal allegations like lying about blowjobs....so why doesn't trump just agree to be interviewed and give Mueller a smack in the face?

If Trump were to say "OK, let's get this over with. Set up the interview." He would completely take the wind out of Mueller's sails. Once the interview was done, Mueller would have no choice but to finish his work.

That of course assumes that Trump is innocent. And if his former attorney Dowd is right "Don't do the interview. Either that or it's an orange jumpsuit," well, maybe not so fast.

Trump has been through dozens of depositions. This should be a walk in the park. What's he afraid of?

It doesn’t depend solely on that alone, and you know it. But it’s certainly 1 piece of the intricate puzzle. Silly mueller for trying to interview trump. Don’t you worry, mueller has been investigating & gathering evidence without the help of trump. But I’m sure an interview would help him see into trump’s motives (for the obstruction of justice part of the probe, which we all know he’s investigating).

shrug...

Mueller can send Trump another list of questions.

Really? Same rule, by extention, for working for the people? A lot of people hereabouts defended the Justice Department refusal to cooperate with Nunes probe--, to cooperate with the people's elected representatives.
Aright, that's a fair response I suppose.

Bull****.

Nobody gives up the rights that every US citizen enjoys just because he's the President.

If you don't want him to hold Office, there are specific methods to stop him from doing that established in our Constitution. I suggest you use them.
Trump has the rights of citizenship, but not the right to office. That's the point, and yes - it's now up to the People to act if he refuses to cooperate. We shall see.

Edit: BTW, I was the first to inject the term "B.S." into the conversation (yesterday), and I was wrong to go there. My apologies.

Last edited:
not at all. hillary was not prosecuted because Comey and company determined that hillary's inappropriate behavior was not driven by INTENT to violate the law

Mueller has the same need to evaluate the INTENT of tRump when he participated in violations of the law

Intent is a requisite of proof for mishandling classified info.
Mueller has been unable to find an iota of the existence of collusion involving Trump. What INTENT can Mueller seek to find?

What's he supposed to do roll over at every turn?

If he's innocent? … Yeah!

An innocent President would be helping the investigation every chance he got.

Trump has the rights of citizenship, but not the right to office. That's the point, and yes - it's now up to the People to act if he refuses to cooperate. We shall see.

Edit: BTW, I was the first to inject the term "B.S." into the conversation (yesterday), and I was wrong to go there. My apologies.

As I said...the Constitution.

If he's innocent? … Yeah!

An innocent President would be helping the investigation every chance he got.

Trump is smart enough to know that people "help" Mueller at their own peril.

Intent is a requisite of proof for mishandling classified info.
Mueller has been unable to find an iota of the existence of collusion involving Trump. What INTENT can Mueller seek to find?

Could start out with obstruction of justice and work out...into collusion.:2wave:

shrug...

Mueller can send Trump another list of questions.

or he could sit down with tRump and ask him those question on that list

seeing tRump's physical response during his replies would be helpful to the special investigator

Back
Top Bottom