• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Much needed consumer protections that will never happen in this country

Lloyd Christmas

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Some changes to protect consumers needed but will never happen because our government is for the corporation, by the corporation, of the corporation.

1. your email should not be automatically put in some stupid list to get inundated with spam every time you sign up for something. most of my emails are spam, even after all the unsubscribing, new ones pop up

2. Automatic subscriptions should notify you before it updates. These asshole companies do the free trials and other auto renew so people forget and they rob the money from them. Many even say the quite part out loud, And they make you jump through hoops to do cancel. They should be forced to tell you it is renewing so you can reconsider, but they are greedy assholes that just want your money. They make million off people who forget to cancel and are unware of it, as intended

3. Companies should not be able to make millions off selling your data. Europe, unlike this country, their government works for the people and they have laws on the books to protect them

but nothing will happen, our government works for the rich and only the rich, and half the country are morons buying the pro rich propaganda and anything that prevents their profits at all cost and protect the people are considered bad

Amen to that. The politicians receive monies from the very people that could care less about screwing the populace.
I DO NOT do "Trial subscriptions". There're horror stories all over the web with comments like>
"It took me 7 times to call/write to them before they stopped taking my money out each month" No thank you.
Some ARE pretty fair like Netflix but that's just one of the good guys.

Government is a corruption mill.

Back
Top Bottom