• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
HELENA, Mont. — The president of a Montana tea party group has been kicked out of the organization for an exchange on his Facebook page that appeared to condone violence against homosexuals.

Folks, Tea Parties across the nation have one thing in common - They are human. To err is human. To kick a scumbag out of the Tea Party is divine. And, where it comes to bigotry, there is no room in ANY organization for it.

To the Tea Party - Thank you. You are doing the right thing in not tolerating bigotry. You just went up several more points in my book. And on the heels of kicking out the Tea Party Express, because of racism? Hell yes!! You are showing America that these Bozos don't represent you. Kudos, guys. Keep it up.

BIGOTS

For the record, the line through that word means NO.

Article is here

Last edited:
Folks, Tea Parties across the nation have one thing in common - They are human. To err is human. To kick a scumbag out of the Tea Party is divine. And, where it comes to bigotry, there is no room in ANY organization for it.

To the Tea Party - Thank you. You are doing the right thing in not tolerating bigotry. You just went up several more points in my book. And on the heels of kicking out the Tea Party Express, because of racism? Hell yes!! You are showing America that these Bozos don't represent you. Kudos, guys. Keep it up.

BIGOTS

Article is here

I don't know. It isn't that surprising to me that the Tea Party dropped this guy. He was a huge liability. The last thing they need at this point is bad PR. I do, however, applaud their decision to do so. And his comments, by the way, were absolutely disgusting. The guy is a complete pig of a human being.

BIGOTS

Article is here

These are the kind of people that hazlnut called Teabrains.

anyone have a microscope?

i'd like to see what this thread is about

I don't condone the use of violence in dealing with any morals issue. But having moral values do not one a Bigot unless you advocate violence or are a racist ike Obama the NAACP Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson as are most of those who call others names becuse they have no cogent argument to make.

Kudos to the Tea Party.

Being Anti-Gay is being a bigot, no matter how you look at it.

Being anti-Conservative is equally bigotted. Calling everyone that dares question a black president a, "racist", is especially biotted.

How is Obama racist?

You don't recall Obama saying that his grammy was a, "typical white person"? Sounds purdy racist, to me.

Last edited:
Being anti-Conservative is equally bigotted. Calling everyone that dares question a black president a, "racist", is especially biotted.

Being Anti-Conservative?

You mean not agreeing with you politically is bigoted? **** I am a bigot!

Demonizing someone for what they do in their own private life is bigoted, and the way they choose to live.

I question the Black President on many things. I don't think it's racist, niether do I think anyone who questions him politically is racist...

But anyone who thinks race isn't an issue for some people when it comes to Obama are fooling themselves.

BIGOTS

Article is here
Why do we need a Tea Party when we already have a Libertarian party?

BIGOTS

Article is here

So... are you saying the Tea Party is against bigoted homophobia? Are you saying that they embrace equality for all citizens and decry legislation that promotes discrimination based on gender or sexuality? That's fighting bigotry. Firing a former ally because they are a political liability is called image management. There's a difference... I know... It's subtle...

Tru. One could look at this cynically and note that they are probably consolidating and doing it for show. The fact that they fire someone who is so vocal about it doesn't mean they disagree with his views. One should remember that a great many of the people support him and have protested his removal.

This wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Last edited:
Tru. One could look at this cynically and note that they are probably consolidating and doing it for show. The fact that they fire someone who is so vocal about it doesn't mean they disagree with his views. One should remember that a great many of the people support him and have protested his removal.

This wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I disagree. The fact that the national Tea Party kicked the Tea Party Express out, because of their racist comments, speaks for itself.

Actually, the Tea Party is not a political party, but a movement.
My problem with this is - I don't know exactly what the "Tea Party" stands for, because they don't have a coheisive platform. Some of the Tea Party candidates might be anti-big government, pro-individual liberty (which I support), but some of them might end up being Neocons who are pro-big government and want to control our lives. With the Tea Party, it's all just a gamble, since there are politicians with both agendas intermingled into the movement. I'd rather know who I'm voting for.

My problem with this is - I don't know exactly what the "Tea Party" stands for, because they don't have a coheisive platform. Some of the Tea Party candidates might be anti-big government, pro-individual liberty (which I support), but some of them might end up being Neocons who are pro-big government and want to control our lives. With the Tea Party, it's all just a gamble, since there are politicians with both agendas intermingled into the movement. I'd rather know who I'm voting for.

There are a few things that the tea party is about.
The Constitution
Limited government
Fiscal responsibility

Things they are not about are social issues such as abortion and gay rights.

There are a few things that the tea party is about.
The Constitution
Limited government
Fiscal responsibility

Things they are not about are social issues such as abortion and gay rights.
In theory yeah. But that doesn't stop social conservatives (actually social authoritarians is a more accurate term) from jumping on the Tea Party bandwagon in hopes of getting into office.

BIGOTS

Article is here

I'm glad they did this, but publicly firing a handful of people and not allowing signs at rallies... is that really changing their makeup? I'm not saying it's a high percentage of anti-gay or other bigoted positions, but the percentage is still there.

Look at all the people Beck is associated with that are very anti-gay.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/80971-glenn-becks-anti-gay-army-god.html

And you can't stand still on a moving train... If the TP takes a "no comment position" on gay rights, then that's not supporting the constitution and the 14 Amendment. The Moderate right is coming around faster than anyone, even the moderate left Catholics.

Actually, the Tea Party is not a political party, but a movement.

So, there are no candidates running as Tea Party candidates in the Mid-term? -- under party it says independent or Libertarian or Republican; but not Tea Party?

In theory yeah. But that doesn't stop social conservatives (actually social authoritarians is a more accurate term) from jumping on the Tea Party bandwagon in hopes of getting into office.

You're absolutely right and many of us will be hoping for social conservatives.
However, the most important issues for the country are the Constitution, fiscal responsibility, and limited government.
When we have high unemployment, an out of control growing government and likely out of control tax hikes, social issues aren't all that important.
I'll gladly vote for someone who is pro-choice if they meet other criteria.

So, there are no candidates running as Tea Party candidates in the Mid-term? -- under party it says independent or Libertarian or Republican; but not Tea Party?
Correct. It would even be possible but not likely to have a democrat run backed by the tea party.

Correct. It would even be possible but not likely to have a democrat run backed by the tea party.

That was per Dick Armey's instructions that Tea Party candidates not associate themselves with the Tea Party.

Scott Ashjian is listed as a...?

Nobody on any ballot anywhere will have TP after their name?

That was per Dick Armey's instructions that Tea Party candidates not associate themselves with the Tea Party.

Scott Ashjian is listed as a...?

Nobody on any ballot anywhere will have TP after their name?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Dick Armey just had a tea party rally today in Washington. He is the head of Freedom Works. Candidates are backed/or not by tea parties and they may even be called tea party candidates but Tea Party would not be on the ballot. It's not a third party as much as some dems would like it to be. It makes no sense for Dick Armey to tell candidates to disassociate from the tea party.

Back
Top Bottom