• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MT tea party removes leader after anti-gay post

Tru. One could look at this cynically and note that they are probably consolidating and doing it for show. The fact that they fire someone who is so vocal about it doesn't mean they disagree with his views. One should remember that a great many of the people support him and have protested his removal.

This wouldn't be the first time that happened.

There's a huge difference between being anti gay, and promoting violence against gays. The Tea Party removed him because of this point, not merely because he was anti gay. When did the thread lose sight of this fact?

Tim-

Being anti-Conservative is equally bigotted. Calling everyone that dares question a black president a, "racist", is especially biotted.

I might understand the point if it was at all in context. That is your response to "Being Anti-Gay is being a bigot, no matter how you look at it." You choose to play the "you dont like conservatives so we're allowed to not like gays" card? And the "everytime I talk negatively about Obama all these liberals call me a racist" card? That does not do a very good job of keeping with topicality.

[/QUOTE]You don't recall Obama saying that his grammy was a, "typical white person"? Sounds purdy racist, to me.[/QUOTE]
The phrase "typical white person" referred to his Grandmother and was clearly resolved as simply taken out of context. Just like what you just did, except worse... applying it to his grammy!?!?!

You're absolutely right and many of us will be hoping for social conservatives.
However, the most important issues for the country are the Constitution, fiscal responsibility, and limited government.
When we have high unemployment, an out of control growing government and likely out of control tax hikes, social issues aren't all that important.
I'll gladly vote for someone who is pro-choice if they meet other criteria.

Well, if you were really for the constitution, you would actually be a social liberal. If your for fiscal responsibility, you were not too impressed with Bush Jr. And if you dare ask for limited government make sure next time not to ask for it AFTER torture, the patriot act, no bid contracts, and of course bailouts and czars.

Sounds to me prochoice was the only thing you and fellow conservative Bush had in common.

Back
Top Bottom