• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSU student arrested for throwing pie at senator

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The State News : MSU student arrested for throwing pie at senator

Ahlam Mohsen, an MSU anthropology senior...

This is clearly another example of the islamofascist attacks on our country. Once again, a muslim commits an act of terrorism and once again, the complicit liberal media downplays it.

...was arrested on assault and battery charges early Monday after hitting U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., in the face with a pie...

Typical teabagger. Where are all the conservatives condemning this act of violence? By turning a blind eye to this assault on our nation's freedoms, they're implicitly authorizing more right-wing attacks like this. Conservatives should be ashamed of what they've become.

...Kantar, who said in an e-mail that he was cut off several times during his speech, began by calling Levin “one of the most respected senators in the United States.” However, Kantar then began denouncing Levin as “(continuing) to call for more murderous attacks in the (Middle East) region.”

In the two-page critique, Kantar touched on the Isreali-Palestine conflict, the U.S.’s foreign policy on Iran, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the homeless population in Detroit, where Levin is from.

“If there was any justice in this country or in this world, you would be in prison,” Kantar said before Mohsen threw the pie.

...maybe these guys are just assholes?

I sort of like the idea of senators getting hit in the face with pies. I mean clowns get hit in the face with pies and Congress is full of clowns so...

donttasemet.jpg

We need to bring back Soupy Sales, and send HIM on a mission to to the halls of Congress. Things would never be the same after that. :mrgreen:

MSU has a long tradition of people who have to act like assholes. This is, after all, the home of the annual, pre-planned riot.

I did a little research and it appears this is not her first "encounter" with Carl Levin over this issue. Last year, she made multiple attempts at phone and email corresepondence -- all ignored -- which eventually led to a "sit-in" at Levin's office. Levin had her (and four others) arrested when they refused to leave:

Michigan State University (MSU) anthropology junior Ahlam Mohsen, 21, from Coldwater, and Ferris State University (FSU) students Max Kantar and Patrick Daly were part of a group of five who organized a sit-in at Levin’s office. The group arrived around noon and refused to leave until they spoke with Sen. Levin.

Mohsen told the MSU State-News newspaper the group wanted to present demands to the senator, which included having the U.S. take steps toward cutting off military, economic and diplomatic support for Israel and calling for an international investigation of Israeli war crimes.
Former CHS student facing prosecution for trespassing - Coldwater, MI - The Daily Reporter

Last edited:
MSU has a long tradition of people who have to act like assholes. This is, after all, the home of the annual, pre-planned riot.

Where the hell is the fun in a pre-planned riot?

Maybe if they applied pie-fu in other areas, they'd bring home the Bunyan Trophy more often.

Typical teabagger. Where are all the conservatives condemning this act of violence? By turning a blind eye to this assault on our nation's freedoms, they're implicitly authorizing more right-wing attacks like this. Conservatives should be ashamed of what they've become.

Sarcasm, and kidding aside, what leads you to believe that these are right wing? If you do that is.....

j-mac

Bush got the shoes... Levin got the pie. Where's the pictures of that btw? There's not one pictures of Levin getting hit with a pie... my BS radar is going haywire right now. Are we sure this isn't an Onion planted story? Or maybe MAD magazine ...

It's about time they started clamping down on these idiots.

Levin? Or the girl who threw the pie?

If it's just a pie, I don't think you need assault and battery charges.

Technically, if you throw your drink in someone's face, you can be arrested for assault. However, it doesn't appear exhibit any intent to commit "battery".

A pie today...a hand grenade tomorrow...or, a mayonaise jar full of sulphuric acid.

We need to go ahead and make an example of this individual, right here, right now.

Levin? Or the girl who threw the pie?

You can say alot of things about Levin, but he is not an idiot in any way. He is actually really bright.

A pie today...a hand grenade tomorrow...or, a mayonaise jar full of sulphuric acid.

We need to go ahead and make an example of this individual, right here, right now.

Should have just shot him on the spot then. I mean, assualt with baked goods is certainly a threat to the Republic.

Personally, I think each and every political figure, whether elected, appointed, or whatever, should have as a requirement of their position being subjected to at least one pie to the face per month.

By law.

Constitutional amendment, even.

Seriously, I'm not joking here.

Allowances can be made for people allergic to some pie ingredients, but some type of pie must hit their face once a month.

Seriously...how can this happen and no one has a picture of it?

This is clearly another example of the islamofascist attacks on our country. Once again, a muslim commits an act of terrorism and once again, the complicit liberal media downplays it.

Seriously man, this **** has to stop....

islamofascist...:roll: act of terrorism....???:roll: you far-righties crack me up...

Seriously man, this **** has to stop....

islamofascist...:roll: act of terrorism....???:roll: you far-righties crack me up...
Either you were somehow unaware that the OP was almost entirely sarcasm, or what you just stated is sarcasm.

Which is it?

Should have just shot him on the spot then. I mean, assualt with baked goods is certainly a threat to the Republic.

Shooting her on the spot would probably have been a good idea. It would send a signal to next asshole, who assaulted a member of our government with an actual lethal weapon that he won't live long after the attack.

So, on that point, we're in agreement.

Back
Top Bottom