• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC'S Tiffany Cross: U.S. Are Hypocrites on Russia Using Chemical Weapons Since Police Use Tear Gas

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Yeah....tear gas and a REAL chemical weapon like sarin gas are the very same thing :rolleyes:
Cross should stick to race-baiting. She sounds slightly less stupid when doing that.

Yeah....tear gas and a REAL chemical weapon like sarin gas are the very same thing :rolleyes:
Cross should stick to race-baiting. She sounds slightly less stupid when doing that.

right011.png

MBFCMixed.png

Overall, we rate Newsbusters Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right. We also rate them borderline questionable due to the use of poor sources and numerous failed fact checks. One additional failed fact check will push this source by default onto the Questionable list.

Next! 👋

Her own words via transcript and video at the link.

Oh look, it's the "Look what this liberal pundit said!" game! :LOL:

Reread the bolded quote in my previous post. Read it carefully.

So let's see. Who's comments were worse about Russia/Putin? Donald Trump calling him savvy and genius, or a mistaken comment about tear gas? Honestly, I never cared much for T. Cross. But Trump is lost completely.

You're moaning about a source that's quoting the quote - trying to draw attention away from the content of the quote, about which you quite disingenuously - and for completely obvious reasons, say nothing.

What the MSNBC host said (and say it they did) has zero correlation to who's reporting it - but of course you know know that, so your comment is, at best, off topic.

...unless you have proof - proof that contradicts the proof provided by the OP - proof that that is NOT what the MSNBC host said - which we all know you don't, cuz again, say it she did.

...and if you don't like that source try these:

...unless of course you "fact checker" is biased against these sources too.

Oh, and btw, speaking of bias - your "fact checker" is about as biased and dishonest as biased and dishonest gets - so if you want to bitch about biased sources, maybe start with your own.

That, or maybe just comment on the content of the OP instead of trying to derail the thread with your inane "fact checker" nonsense.

Oh, and re your "bolded" comment, SO WHAT? It does nothing to repudiate what the source claims the MSNBC host said. Mere deflection... nothing more.

This was pretty funny - in her opening remarks she made this statement: ".... but the spectre of chemical and biological warfare, like nuclear power..."

(No doubt certain individual's "fact checkers" skipped over this gem, their "AI" not fine-tuned to less-than-subtle stupidity)

and btw - if there's anyone else confused as to the veracity of what the OP's source cited, just go to MSNBC.com (https://www.msnbc.com/cross-connection) and look at the video yourself. While we know not everyone is thus inclined, the truly inquisitive will find it informative.

I'm missing the straight on equating of US police action to Russian weapons. It is a fact, that tear gas IS a chemical weapon, which is outlawed for use....except for law enforcement. I don't agree with her following this line of thought, but if one can call Fox "entertainment" the same should hold true for MSNBC.

She's no where near the level of extreme nut job that is paraded out on fox every evening.

Tear gas is in fact a real chemical weapon.

Tear gas is in fact a real chemical weapon.
Technically true - and it's effects are non-life-threatening and quite temporary - unlike what we typically talk about when we're talking about chemical weapons, because also technically, tear gas not a "weapon." It's an agent of deterrence and control. "Weapons" are meant to cause damage and death - neither of which can tear gas do, except maybe in extremely rare cases, and then only accidentally or unintentionally.

Technically true - and it's effects are non-life-threatening and quite temporary - unlike what we typically talk about when we're talking about chemical weapons, because also technically, tear gas not a "weapon." It's an agent of deterrence and control. "Weapons" are meant to cause damage and death - neither of which can tear gas do, except maybe in extremely rare cases, and then only accidentally or unintentionally.
I don’t agree with the idea tear gas causes death, but your definition of “damage and death” is wierd to me because damage can be anything. Tear gas certainly causes damage to human tissue, it wouldn’t work for crowd control otherwise

But it isn't lethal like Sarin or whatever else the Russians may have. Her attempt at comparing the 2 as being equal is pretty stupid.
Have Russians targetted anyone with Sarin?

I believe it. Years ago, I was in Chicago protesting. The crowd was tear-gassed. It took us almost 3 minutes to feel better.
LOL

Too true. I've been tear gassed twice - once as a kid; my brother and I were collecting bottles for return back in the '60's on the local college campus when we stopped on a hill to watch a riot unfold below us. Police and war demonstrators were tossing tear gas cannisters back and forth so fast a huge cloud developed and wafted our way. Before we knew it we were engulfed in the gas. Not pleasant, but it made for some pretty cool stories with our friends at school. Then I got to experience it again in boot camp. Even less fun. But you're right - about 3 minutes is all it lasted. :)

Not the point of this thread. The point is the comparison of tear gas and something like sarin gas.
They’re both chemical weapons. That was the point made. This is true.
Do try to keep up.
Apparently it’s you who’s missing the point

I think Cross is not wrong, she wants to focus inward on problems facing America and will not be shamed into thinking we have any common cause with Azov/Ukraine and to that extent I will not criticize her. I’m sure she completely is wrong about how to run domestic politics, but staying out of Azovs war is a top priority right now and good on her for triggering the war mongerers

I don’t agree with the idea tear gas causes death, but your definition of “damage and death” is wierd to me because damage can be anything. Tear gas certainly causes damage to human tissue, it wouldn’t work for crowd control otherwise
Tear gas *can* in rare instances cause damage to tissue, but the greater risk is due to damage incurred by being struck by the cannisters themselves rather than the gas.

Tear gas is a "lachrymatory agent" that causes irritation to mucuous membranes

Tear gas *can* in rare instances cause damage to tissue, but the greater risk is due to damage incurred by being struck by the cannisters themselves rather than the gas.

Tear gas is a "lachrymatory agent" that causes irritation to mucuous membranes
Which is a form of tissue damage.

They’re both chemical weapons. That was the point made. This is true.
No, you're wrong - Cross is an idiot. She also compared chemical weapons to nuclear power in her opening nonsense.

Her statement compared tear gas to chemical weapons. Tear gas, while chemical, is NOT a weapon in the normal sense.

No, you're wrong - Cross is an idiot. She also compared chemical weapons to nuclear power in her opening nonsense.

Her statement compared tear gas to chemical weapons. Tear gas, while chemical, is NOT a weapon in the normal sense.
Yes, it is. I feel like Alice in wonderland talking to Humpty Dumpty, where now people are so triggered by the mere suggestion against the war narrative we have to redefine the words “chemical weapons”

Tear gas meets every definition of the word “weapon”

Back
Top Bottom