• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome

Not BS. Open your eyes! (so cliche, i know) It's always the pretty white women on the front pages. Hell, my FB page has exploded with stories of Gabbie from my conservative "friends"
and sociopathic murderer Jodi Arias got all sorts of press. They had TV shows about that twit. Why-because she was cute. If she looked like a female version of Gert Frobe, no one would have given her any press. Remember that woman in Florida with the dead kid(s). She got all sorts of coverage as well.

You said: In the last 10 years, I see 3 cases of supposed "white woman syndrome" in the United States,

I did "clue" you in, i pointed to a link that shows dozens of missing white women.

Yes, and only 3 of those happened in the last 10 years, 2 of which I never even heard of. The rest were outside the US, including in countries that are almost entirely white, like the UK.

Not BS. Open your eyes! (so cliche, i know) It's always the pretty white women on the front pages. Hell, my FB page has exploded with stories of Gabbie from my conservative "friends"
This is as stupid as saying "why there is no handsome homeless?" C'mon man, it has nothing to do with racist. We all love to look at graceful and elegant stuff. It is human nature.

This is as stupid as saying "why there is no handsome homeless?" C'mon man, it has nothing to do with racist. We all love to look at graceful and elegant stuff. It is human nature.
You have no clue. No, the story itself has nothing to do with racism. It's how the news executives decided to portray it. Pretty white girl: 24hr coverage. Color person: story ran once or twice.

You have no clue. No, the story itself has nothing to do with racism. It's how the news executives decided to portray it. Pretty white girl: 24hr coverage. Color person: story ran once or twice.
Do you think news executives can run the same story 24/7 when the ratings are low? People are interested in the story. In fact, it is the same reason why Joy Reid does not have a "missing colour person" segment in her show. It is because people are not interested in that kind of story. Hey, another example, MSM could run a "Trump and Russian" story 24/7 in 4 yours, why??? because leftist dolts are interested.
Stop believing people who have all truths but no facts. :rolleyes:

Do you think news executives can run the same story 24/7 when the ratings are low? People are interested in the story. In fact, it is the same reason why Joy Reid does not have a "missing colour person" segment in her show. It is because people are not interested in that kind of story. Hey, another example, MSM could run a "Trump and Russian" story 24/7 in 4 yours, why??? because leftist dolts are interested.
Stop believing people who have all truths but no facts. :rolleyes:

See, even you have the same mentality as the news executives: Missing blonde pretty white girl - Front page/top story for 24/7, Person of color missing - mehhh

This shows the bigotry with the news executives and those in the general public . "want answers for the missing pretty white girl." Person of color, not so much.

smh

See, even you have the same mentality as the news executives: Missing blonde pretty white girl - Front page/top story for 24/7, Person of color missing - mehhh

This shows the bigotry with the news executives and those in the general public . "want answers for the missing pretty white girl." Person of color, not so much.

smh
haha, rating, rating, rating. you can slice and dice the info to fit your narrative, but you cannot counter the hard data and fact.

haha, rating, rating, rating. you can slice and dice the info to fit your narrative, but you cannot counter the hard data and fact.
you, yourself said people are not interested in missing people of color. Why do you think that is?

Hunt for Brian Laundrie: Federal arrest warrant issued​

The warrant is 'pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities'​

What sort of inbred head-in-dirt ignorance is it to not know about "missing white girl syndrome". This has been a thing for a long time. It's a real problem. It's a result of racism being baked into our society.

Of course the people who deny systemic racism and white privilege will deny "missing white girl syndrome". Who could expect otherwise. And they'll act as if their take is something unexpected. They'll act like denying it is cutting edge sociology.

you, yourself said people are not interested in missing people of color. Why do you think that is?
Your question is like asking "Why there are more frenchies puppies videos than spider babies videos?" If you think there is a problem with it, it is your opinion. Good for you, I have no problem with that. 😷

What sort of inbred head-in-dirt ignorance is it to not know about "missing white girl syndrome". This has been a thing for a long time. It's a real problem. It's a result of racism being baked into our society.

Of course the people who deny systemic racism and white privilege will deny "missing white girl syndrome". Who could expect otherwise. And they'll act as if their take is something unexpected. They'll act like denying it is cutting edge sociology.
Give me a break, you deny "black victimhood syndrome" too. :rolleyes:

Give me a break, you deny "black victimhood syndrome" too. :rolleyes:

So there's not really racism that affects every black person? Can you explain how some black people escape racism.

Your question is like asking "Why there are more frenchies puppies videos than spider babies videos?" If you think there is a problem with it, it is your opinion. Good for you, I have no problem with that. 😷
it's a legitimate question, but it's a question with an answer that I think you do not want to share. And that's O.K.

it's a legitimate question, but it's a question with an answer that I think you do not want to share. And that's O.K.
I gave you my ans but you could not handle it. It is not my problem.

So there's not really racism that affects every black person? Can you explain how some black people escape racism.
There is your problem, everything is racism. In fact, it is more than that. Too bad, unlike the other guy's question, I don't have ans for you.

There is your problem, everything is racism. In fact, it is more than that. Too bad, unlike the other guy's question, I don't have ans for you.
everything is not racism. It's a difficult question to answer, i get it!

everything is not racism. It's a difficult question to answer, i get it!
I hope you understand "NoT "everything is racism"" is not equal to "everything is not racism"

Back
Top Bottom