• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's election night coverage

:lamo :lamo You formed a conclusion based on those facts. You committed the ad populum fallacy, a logical error in thinking. You facts simply tell us next to nothing. Popular opinion can't tell us anything about turth. ;) :sigh:

Facts are true, opinions are not.
Talking to you is like talking to a chair. You are going in my ignore list (and you are the only one in it). You have to get outside your bubble and get real and when you do... I will (perhaps) get you out of my ignore list.

Facts are true, opinions are not.
Talking to you is like talking to a chair. You are going in my ignore list (and you are the only one in it). You have to get outside your bubble and get real and when you do... I will (perhaps) get you out of my ignore list.

You may be confused. Your opinion on what the fact means is an opinion. Sorry.

I get such a kick out of watching the Fox haters spin away, to try an explain away their popularity and success. It's so hilarious watching all the excuses they have to come up with, because they are ideologically prevented from giving Fox the credit they deserve.

It's simple... Fox provided excellent election coverage that was both fair and balanced, and deserved the ratings they got.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

While you are laughing Boo, care to address the raging hypocrisy you have displayed by not responding to my post?

If you're talking about MSNBC political entertainers, I wouldn't respond because I don't disagree. None of the political entertainers are worth listening to, and I think I have said that repeatedly. I only respond to those who say differently.

I have also tried to not respond to your personal efforts at attacking people. If you stay on topic, I'll address you. If you run and rely on insults, I'll ignore you.

If you're talking about MSNBC political entertainers, I wouldn't respond because I don't disagree. None of the political entertainers are worth listening to, and I think I have said that repeatedly. I only respond to those who say differently.

I have also tried to not respond to your personal efforts at attacking people. If you stay on topic, I'll address you. If you run and rely on insults, I'll ignore you.

It was clearly on topic, you only commented on fox, thanked the dood who made that fox claim to which you said nothing about it when I turned it around on MSNBC. Hypocritical, and hyper-partisan.

It was clearly on topic, you only commented on fox, thanked the dood who made that fox claim to which you said nothing about it when I turned it around on MSNBC. Hypocritical, and hyper-partisan.

Rev, I never thank you. Hell, I don't even read all your posts. Is this a surprise to you? ;)

Frankly, more people here make excuses for Fox than any other network. I find that funny, and so, I respond more often to them. But I have stated clearly that all of the political entertainers are worthless and cannot be trusted to be honest.

Rev, I never thank you. Hell, I don't even read all your posts. Is this a surprise to you? ;)

Frankly, more people here make excuses for Fox than any other network. I find that funny, and so, I respond more often to them. But I have stated clearly that all of the political entertainers are worthless and cannot be trusted to be honest.

Actually more people whine and cry about fox news and stay mute about MSNBC and others. you are one of them. And no, I didn't want a thanks, what I wanted was some consistency from our resident partisan hacks.

Actually more people whine and cry about fox news and stay mute about MSNBC and others. you are one of them. And no, I didn't want a thanks, what I wanted was some consistency from our resident partisan hacks.

That's not the way I see it, though I rarely care about Fox whining. Liberal media whining is everywhere. Don't even have to look for a thread on it. Poor republicans can't take any responsibility as it is always the meida's fault. Again, I find that funny.

Is it better to be a partisan hack or just a hack? ;) :lamo

Then why do you suppose that MSNBC would build their election coverage around their, as you put it, "political entertainers" and not their news coverage staff? Do you think that was a mistake?

j-mac

That's not the way I see it, though I rarely care about Fox whining. Liberal media whining is everywhere. Don't even have to look for a thread on it. Poor republicans can't take any responsibility as it is always the meida's fault. Again, I find that funny.

Is it better to be a partisan hack or just a hack? ;) :lamo

See that's why you are the dishonest individual I think you are. There are non stop whining and crying about FOX news, yet, you whine about "poor republicans"...

A partisan hack, like you calling me a hack is a compliment brother. :thumbs:

An excellent point. My guess MSNBC tries to use their partisan entertainers to attract higher viewer ratings --- I think they WANT these entertainers to make outrageous statements of all sorts. The problem is, during an election results - most people don't want entertainment they just want the facts. After the facts are all out, they they can entertain all they want.

The mixing of entertainment and fact enters the realm of misinformation and manipulation... which is why many are rejecting the information they get. There has to be a very clear line between factual hard news, and opinion based entertainment.

Then why do you suppose that MSNBC would build their election coverage around their, as you put it, "political entertainers" and not their news coverage staff? Do you think that was a mistake?

j-mac

Why did Fox? Like I ahve said before, controversy sells. Both did so for exactly that reason. I would have recommended PBS. :coffeepap

See that's why you are the dishonest individual I think you are. There are non stop whining and crying about FOX news, yet, you whine about "poor republicans"...

A partisan hack, like you calling me a hack is a compliment brother. :thumbs:

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Why did Fox? Like I ahve said before, controversy sells. Both did so for exactly that reason. I would have recommended PBS. :coffeepap

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fox built it's coverage around people in their news department, not partisan opinion show hosts.

As I stated on another thread, Fox had Bret Baird (Special Report anchor) and Megan Kelly (America Live anchor) hosting the show, along with Carl Cameron (reporter/correspondent) manning the election maps. They also had a 4 person panel to analyze the races and discuss the results, which consisted of former Howard Dean campaign manager Joe Trippi and Juan Williams from the left, and Karl Rove and Brit Hume representing the right.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fox built it's coverage around people in their news department, not partisan opinion show hosts.

As I stated on another thread, Fox had Bret Baird (Special Report anchor) and Megan Kelly (America Live anchor) hosting the show, along with Carl Cameron (reporter/correspondent) manning the election maps. They also had a 4 person panel to analyze the races and discuss the results, which consisted of former Howard Dean campaign manager Joe Trippi and Juan Williams from the left, and Karl Rove and Brit Hume representing the right.

:lamo :lamo That's funny. Megyn Kelly?

No bubble burst. ;)

I will be a MSNBC viewer tonight.

Watching them squirm will be great entertainment. Matthews obviously can't stand Olbermann, nor could Tom Brokaw, who all but refuses to be on a a set with Olbermann these days. Matthews is wrong, but he seems like a decent man. Olbermann is just a nutbag on the verge of going postal.

Oh god I agree with Erod on something

Did someone divde by Zero?

:lamo :lamo That's funny. Megyn Kelly?

No bubble burst. ;)

What about Megyn Kelly? Are you saying she isn't part of the news team?

You have a history of making these comments like they're self-evidently true, but not so much of supporting them.

What about Megyn Kelly? Are you saying she isn't part of the news team?

You have a history of making these comments like they're self-evidently true, but not so much of supporting them.

That's what I'm saying. She plays a role and entertains. Yep, that's what I'm saying.

YouTube - Fox News Speaks for Majority on Health Care Reform?

America Live is a show, more for entertainment. She's not Hannity, but she isn't presenting news just as news either.

Last edited:
Well, if Jon Stewart and some droning dude whose entire argument is basically "oh yeah? Well, well, THIS poll said THIS -- nyahhhh!!!!" says so . . .

It's Jon Stewart. it is what he actually presented. Take off the classes and listen. Funny stuff. Entertaining. But not what journalist would do. BTW, I don't think Good Morining America is news. It's an entertainment show. Same with Kelly.

Oh, I watched it. The glasses I wore were "reason and logic," and through those lenses, this guy's cherrypicking didn't hold up. :shrug:

Oh, I watched it. The glasses I wore were "reason and logic," and through those lenses, this guy's cherrypicking didn't hold up. :shrug:

:lamo Tell yourself what you want, but it holds up just fine. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom