• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's election night coverage

Yes... I'm certaiin FOX won the election for the GOP... Obama, his policies, the Dems... they had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Yes... I'm certaiin FOX won the election for the GOP... Obama, his policies, the Dems... they had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Do you believe that? I don't. But, it doesn't mean their political entertainers didn't help. A popular station spreading misinformation has to have an effect. But, I don't think that excuses democrats who really weren't bold and didn't attack their job as confidently as they shold have, or stood up for their ideas as strong as they should have. Everyone is responsible for what they did. ;)

Do you believe that? I don't. But, it doesn't mean their political entertainers didn't help. A popular station spreading misinformation has to have an effect. But, I don't think that excuses democrats who really weren't bold and didn't attack their job as confidently as they shold have, or stood up for their ideas as strong as they should have. Everyone is responsible for what they did. ;)

I'd ask what misinformation, but I'm likely to get 'anything they said was misinformation', so I won't bother.

That's BS. Both have news departments and political entertainment departments. Both present almost exactly the same news in their news departments. And both have political entertainers no one should take seriously.

Fox News beat msnbc abc and cnn combined in the midterm election. What does this tell you???

Fox News beat msnbc abc and cnn combined in the midterm election. What does this tell you???

It tells me they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Keith Olbermann is a total douche bag.

It tells me they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Which of course, are the people who just voted the Republicans back into power in the congress... Which happen to also be conservatives... Which happen to represent over 100 million people in the United States. So in effect, you are telling nearly half of the people in the US they are scumbags.

I'd stick to that strategy if I were you... I mean it worked so well for you all on Tuesday... Didn't it?

Which of course, are the people who just voted the Republicans back into power in the congress... Which happen to also be conservatives... Which happen to represent over 100 million people in the United States. So in effect, you are telling nearly half of the people in the US they are scumbags.

I'd stick to that strategy if I were you... I mean it worked so well for you all on Tuesday... Didn't it?

Democrats, Libertarians, Republican and Independent Men/Women put the Republicans back in power in the Congress and almost evened the Senate as you know and the Tea Party was responsible for it and again the Tea part formed by Democrats, Republicans Libertarians and Independent. We fired people who didn't represent us.

I'd ask what misinformation, but I'm likely to get 'anything they said was misinformation', so I won't bother.

From death panels to misrepresentations about what someone put in a book to the socailsim marxist communist back of the bus silliness, specific misinformation, and misrepresentations by political entertainers can be documented. If you really want to know?

Very little. Nothing about popularity says anything about accuracy or fiarness.

Isn't that basically what you guys are doing? Liberals are most of the other half, you know.

Isn't that basically what you guys are doing? Liberals are most of the other half, you know.

No, not at all.... We may call you all "misinformed", "misguided" and things along that line. We do not call all liberals "the lowest common denominator", "unintelligent", "racists", "bigots", "homophobes", etc....

Like I said, you all should stick to that strategy... It really does work well.

No, not at all.... We may call you all "misinformed", "misguided" and things along that line. We do not call all liberals "the lowest common denominator", "unintelligent", "racists", "bigots", "homophobes", etc....

Like I said, you all should stick to that strategy... It really does work well.

Saying "the lowest common denominator" has nothing to do with political lines.

Is MSNBC a "a propaganda channel for the Republican Democrat Party and liberalsConservatives that runs 24/7 and they promote GOP liberal candidates and gets them elected"?

Will boo thank this post as well? :roll:

I guess not. When it comes to pointing out bias.... Boo only looks right. :lamo

BippityBop said:
Very little. Nothing about popularity says anything about accuracy or fiarness.

Yes, because we all know that the public gravitates toward inaccuracy and unfairness... we love getting lied to and can't get enough of it.:rolleyes:

I gave you FACTS you gave me just your opinion.

OWNED!

:lamo :lamo You formed a conclusion based on those facts. You committed the ad populum fallacy, a logical error in thinking. You facts simply tell us next to nothing. Popular opinion can't tell us anything about turth. ;) :sigh:

Yes, because we all know that the public gravitates toward inaccuracy and unfairness... we love getting lied to and can't get enough of it.:rolleyes:

They always have. The world was flat, remember. The sun revolved aorund the earth. One race or another has always been superior. Again and again, the masses have gotten a lot wrong. A majority is no more likely to have something factually true than an individual. Today, many seek a news source that affirm their belief system. Fox understands this better than most stations. Not that their actual news is slanted much, but their talking heads, their poltiical entertainers and personalities are geered to appease a large segment of the population. And as beck and Hannity and O'Rielly have made many factual mistakes and misrepresentation, often defended by supporters, we can see that accuracy isn't important to all who watch.

However, the point is a simple one and clear one, popularity does not equal accurate or truthful.

In logic, an argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so.

(snip)

It is logically fallacious because the mere fact that a belief is widely-held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct; if the belief of any individual can be wrong, then the belief held by multiple persons can also be wrong.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get such a kick out of watching the Fox haters spin away, to try an explain away their popularity and success. It's so hilarious watching all the excuses they have to come up with, because they are ideologically prevented from giving Fox the credit they deserve.

It's simple... Fox provided excellent election coverage that was both fair and balanced, and deserved the ratings they got.

Back
Top Bottom