• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's election night coverage

Rachel Maddow is a good looking woman, if she were not a lesibian and I was very much younger...

Ewwww. And how old are you?

I wonder if she got a tingle up her leg when Obama was elected like Mattews did.

She did say once that she "almost vibrated off her seat". I can't remember what that was about.

I'd rather not have to watch tingly legs and these partisan news anchors not admitting that America is voting against Obama's agenda.

I loved how they tried so hard to spin this as a disappointing night for Republicans. Then, they "projected" at about 10 pm that Republicans were going to gain about 46 seats, and how good that was for Democrats.

Uh, how many was that again, guys?

What I learned from watching MSNBC is that the anti-FOX News mout foamers have no room for talk. :lamo

What I found a bit disconcerting about MSNBC was how rude they were. They ask civility for Obama but are the rudest people I have heard. After that I could no longer listen to them.

Talk about an echo chamber, there was no one to balance any of the junk they were spewing.

I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't.

I swapped between Fox and CNN and both had great coverage that was relatively ballanced in my mind. The team fox had assembled was extremely good, as were their two main anchors. They improved the aesthetics of things over past years imho while not looking like they were trying to star in some cyberpunk fantasy like CNN does with every new gadget they can get. That said, CNN did a great job staying rather neutral as well and having a pleasing to watch and listen to broadcast. I'd find myself swapping to one till commercial break, then to the other till theirs.

But I just couldn't stand to stay on MSNBC for too long.

I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't.

I swapped between Fox and CNN and both had great coverage that was relatively ballanced in my mind. The team fox had assembled was extremely good, as were their two main anchors. They improved the aesthetics of things over past years imho while not looking like they were trying to star in some cyberpunk fantasy like CNN does with every new gadget they can get. That said, CNN did a great job staying rather neutral as well and having a pleasing to watch and listen to broadcast. I'd find myself swapping to one till commercial break, then to the other till theirs.

But I just couldn't stand to stay on MSNBC for too long.

I was shockingly impressed with Palin, she seems to hold herself well when not being assaulted by others. :lol:

I was shockingly impressed with Palin, she seems to hold herself well when not being assaulted by others. :lol:

She wasn't bad but still bugged me at times. The interview with her and Ferarro was good. I liked that they asked both her and Mike Huckabee what specifically they think Republicans could reach out to democrats about and legitmately try to compromise. The hosts were basically pushing them on the fact that this can't just be talk and things aren't going to just be rosy, so wanted some ACTUAL suggestions and answers. Was nice to see.

I also liked whoever was doing their tracking on the big TV screen. He made great insights all night AND he acknowledged the Tea Party movement began as a grass roots movement in support of Ron Paul.

What I found a bit disconcerting about MSNBC was how rude they were. They ask civility for Obama but are the rudest people I have heard. After that I could no longer listen to them.

Talk about an echo chamber, there was no one to balance any of the junk they were spewing.

The clips I saw from MSNBC weren't very flattering. They seemed angry at times and pessimistic, not to mention how rude and condescending they were to Michelle Bachman (especially Chris Matthews) when they interviewed her.

Redress commented on the election night thread that they were playing things down the middle and were keeping their biases in check, but that was very early on.

Yes, I noted that she's actually pretty intelligent. Up till now I wasn't a fan, but she made some comments that she actually had to ad lib, and she was spot on.

The dude on the far left of the MSNBC set (I don't know who he is) was about to blow a gasket. Olbermann looked sane in comparison, if you can imagine. He kept on and on that the Republican presidential candidate would get slaughtered by Obama, and made fun of every name brought up. This is TWO YEARS prior, mind you.

Ed Shultz also looked semi-suicidal.

Funny stuff.

OMG... After seeing several more clips from MSNBC's coverage last night, I have to amend my earlier post.

The network should be embarrassed and in a few instances, ashamed of some of the things they said and did last night... Not to mention what a disservice to the public it was, offering up that stacked deck of one sided liberal commentary and analysis.

Here are a some examples of what I'm talking about:

Chris Matthews asking Bachman "Are You Hypnotized" because he didn't like her responses. Then Olbermann and the MSNBC crew laughing their asses off twice during the interview, and then again after it was concluded.

Lawrence O'Donnell's long rant against Rand Paul, where he said that Paul is economically ignorant and that his principals could easily lead to world wide economic collapse... Yes, he really did say that.

Rachael Maddow attacked Republican Senator Dan Coats after his victory in Indiana and attacked the Tea Party's for supporting him, along with attacking other republican candidates. I thought what she said was inappropriate and bit childish

Then there was Chris Matthews and his "Call me Dick" comment about Dick Armey... That's professional news coverage for you.

Ed Shultz reporting live from John Boehner's victory rally, not only goes after Boehner for what he said in his speech, but toward the end of the segment turns around as says about Republicans "They're about power... I don't trust them." Another fine example of professional news coverage and reporting.

Keith Olberman sees the Tea Party's as radical and extreme, so he used his "Universal solvent" theory to attack them. It basically states that although they achieved positive results in this election, they still pose a very dangerous threat to the future of our political process and need to be put on a leash. The cast and crew on the set got a good chuckle out of it.

Olbermann also stated that Americans will sleep better tonight because Christine O'Donnell is not elected to the Senate.

You know, with the exception of Bill O'Reilly commenting on the Alan Grayson loss, I can't recall anyone on Fox engaging in any partisan attacks last night. Keep in mind, O'Reilly popped in for a brief 2 minute visit and was not part of the election coverage team... while all those mentioned at MSNBC, were a part of their election coverage.

Fox kept things on a very factual and professional level all night long, which probably explains why people turn to them for news instead of MSNBC... How far they have fallen.

OMG... After seeing several more clips from MSNBC's coverage last night, I have to amend my earlier post.

The network should be embarrassed and in a few instances, ashamed of some of the things they said and did last night... Not to mention what a disservice to the public it was, offering up that stacked deck of one sided liberal commentary and analysis.

Here are a some examples of what I'm talking about:

Chris Matthews asking Bachman "Are You Hypnotized" because he didn't like her responses. Then Olbermann and the MSNBC crew laughing their asses off twice during the interview, and then again after it was concluded.

Lawrence O'Donnell's long rant against Rand Paul, where he said that Paul is economically ignorant and that his principals could easily lead to world wide economic collapse... Yes, he really did say that.

Rachael Maddow attacked Republican Senator Dan Coats after his victory in Indiana and attacked the Tea Party's for supporting him, along with attacking other republican candidates. I thought what she said was inappropriate and bit childish

Then there was Chris Matthews and his "Call me Dick" comment about Dick Armey... That's professional news coverage for you.

Ed Shultz reporting live from John Boehner's victory rally, not only goes after Boehner for what he said in his speech, but toward the end of the segment turns around as says about Republicans "They're about power... I don't trust them." Another fine example of professional news coverage and reporting.

Keith Olberman sees the Tea Party's as radical and extreme, so he used his "Universal solvent" theory to attack them. It basically states that although they achieved positive results in this election, they still pose a very dangerous threat to the future of our political process and need to be put on a leash. The cast and crew on the set got a good chuckle out of it.

Olbermann also stated that Americans will sleep better tonight because Christine O'Donnell is not elected to the Senate.

You know, with the exception of Bill O'Reilly commenting on the Alan Grayson loss, I can't recall anyone on Fox engaging in any partisan attacks last night. Keep in mind, O'Reilly popped in for a brief 2 minute visit and was not part of the election coverage team... while all those mentioned at MSNBC, were a part of their election coverage.

Fox kept things on a very factual and professional level all night long, which probably explains why people turn to them for news instead of MSNBC... How far they have fallen.

I wonder if this will come back to bite GE the parent of this company. Clearly after the 2008 elections they turned MSNBC into a revived Air America, which went bankrupt. So GE bakrolled a democratic party station since they rely so much on government contracts. Also without the help of Obama the company was almost destroyed by their GE Capital division.

Immalt may have some buyers remorse in so fully backing this agenda. It could even be an issue for their board of directors. Have they fulfilled their fiduciary responsibilities by allowing a large corporation to go so far off the reservation.

Grim17 said:
... inappropriate and bit childish...

That about sums up MSNBC in total.

I wonder if this will come back to bite GE the parent of this company. Clearly after the 2008 elections they turned MSNBC into a revived Air America, which went bankrupt. So GE bakrolled a democratic party station since they rely so much on government contracts. Also without the help of Obama the company was almost destroyed by their GE Capital division.

Immalt may have some buyers remorse in so fully backing this agenda. It could even be an issue for their board of directors. Have they fulfilled their fiduciary responsibilities by allowing a large corporation to go so far off the reservation.

Without knowing it, you just reminded me of the major difference between Fox News and MSNBC.

A lot of people (most left leaning) like to lump Fox News and MSNBC together as being politically "partisan" news networks that are like two peas in a pod, because the majority of their programming leans heavily in one political direction. Although that is true of both networks, there is one huge, very important distinction between the two that most either overlook, or choose to ignore. It's what sets Fox apart from MSNBC and in my opinion, it's what makes Fox better, more successful and popular than MSNBC, and gives them more credibility.... That difference is "News".

The Fox News channel has two very separate and distinct departments within the company. One is the news division and the other is entertainment. While the entertainment side of the channel is dominated mostly by conservative viewpoints, their news division is not. They go great lengths to preserve the integrity of their news coverage, keeping it in my opinion, more balanced and non-partisan than any other news network in America. Last night's election coverage demonstrated this.

That is the difference between the two and where MSNBC has failed, as their election coverage demonstrated last night. They have abandoned traditional journalistic standards by allowing the partisan opinions of their entertainment division, to infiltrate their news division. The result is a one sided network that has lost it's journalistic credibility, and can no longer be counted on by the public to accurately present the news in a fair and unbiased manner.

Rachel Maddow is a good looking woman, if she were not a lesibian and I was very much younger...

You don't want to go there my friend, believe me... :lamo You are leaving yourself wide open :lamo:

You don't want to go there my friend, believe me... :lamo You are leaving yourself wide open :lamo:

LOL.

I think Austin Powers said it best....

That's a man man!!
maddow081110_3_560.jpg

Without knowing it, you just reminded me of the major difference between Fox News and MSNBC.

A lot of people (most left leaning) like to lump Fox News and MSNBC together as being politically "partisan" news networks that are like two peas in a pod, because the majority of their programming leans heavily in one political direction. Although that is true of both networks, there is one huge, very important distinction between the two that most either overlook, or choose to ignore. It's what sets Fox apart from MSNBC and in my opinion, it's what makes Fox better, more successful and popular than MSNBC, and gives them more credibility.... That difference is "News".

The Fox News channel has two very separate and distinct departments within the company. One is the news division and the other is entertainment. While the entertainment side of the channel is dominated mostly by conservative viewpoints, their news division is not. They go great lengths to preserve the integrity of their news coverage, keeping it in my opinion, more balanced and non-partisan than any other news network in America. Last night's election coverage demonstrated this.

That is the difference between the two and where MSNBC has failed, as their election coverage demonstrated last night. They have abandoned traditional journalistic standards by allowing the partisan opinions of their entertainment division, to infiltrate their news division. The result is a one sided network that has lost it's journalistic credibility, and can no longer be counted on by the public to accurately present the news in a fair and unbiased manner.

post of the day, right there folks.

That's BS. Both have news departments and political entertainment departments. Both present almost exactly the same news in their news departments. And both have political entertainers no one should take seriously.

Just for anyone who missed it --- the Daily Beast actually has posted the "best of..." MSNBC mid-term election night 2010 on their website. I truly wished I recorded it because it is hilarious.... the moonbat nuttery was on parade in spades. Hopefully Comcast will keep this kind of thing going as it might give Jon Stewart's Daily Show a run for it's money.

Election Media Coverage: Video of MSNBC's Apocalyptic Night - The Daily Beast

Knock, knock,
Fox News is a propaganda channel for the Republican Party and Conservatives that runs 24/7 and they promote GOP candidates and gets them elected.

Stewart congratulates Wallace on Fox News' success in winning the House for the GOP

Back
Top Bottom