• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC tops Fox News in ratings for first time in 17 years

I listen to Chris Cuomo in the car on Sirius. He's great.

I can't get into Chris. I listen to Smerconish but then I'm out of that station. I used to like Steele and Unger but they got rid of that. The rest of the time MSNBC is my go to, though they repeat the same stuff over and over.

I listen to Chris Cuomo in the car on Sirius. He's great.

That's right, I forgot about Cuomo. He's fairly entertaining and has some chops.

I use to check in on Hannity/Tucker to be sure that the "right wing media" machine was still bat-**** crazy.

Cuomo is doing pretty well over at CNN, but he has on members of the Trump administration way too often and tries to be the nice guy. Let them have their say. Bullcrap. No journalist should be this fair to those people. Some of these journalists are so "fair" that they seem like they are defending the administration when they ask their questions. Cuomo and Don Lemon are something of an odd couple...They always chat with each other on air in between their two shows. I'm sensing a tour coming up.

I watch Fox News for about 5 minutes every week. They are too left for some of the members here...

You seem to forget that each of the Fox News prime-time lineup has either been fired, resigned, or shamed off the air over the past five years. All that remains of their original line up is right-wing blowhard and Trump obsessed loser Hannity. Tucker's stint seems short while Hannity is likely going to get in trouble with federal authorities in the not too distant future. This seems to me that the Fox News brand and not necessarily whoever is hosting the show matters more to viewers.

So hate and lies from one source, so long as it's a team that you agree with, is completely fine?

I watch Fox News for about 5 minutes every week. They are too left for some of the members here...

No question about it. I knew that there were people out there who are so far Right that, for them, Fox is liberal but I now realize where they live, right here in this forum.

:lamo

ROFLMAO.jpg

So hate and lies from one source, so long as it's a team that you agree with, is completely fine?

Read post 27??

It's more the style of the different networks that I like. I used to watch Fox News a lot. They criticized Obama rightly on most things and I agreed with most of their critiques at the time, but when Trump goes and does the same thing the last two years and they think he's the greatest President ever??? Please... :roll: I'll give them credit though, they kicked Trump in his big fat butt last week when he caved on the wall/shutdown mess. Though, it was two years too late.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good thing Fox News has that much pull to change a President's mind. Obama certainly didn't do things because Maddow told him what to do.

No question about it. I knew that there were people out there who are so far Right that, for them, Fox is liberal but I now realize where they live, right here in this forum.

:lamo

When I watch Fox News (usually Hannity) I am often left wondering when he will say some of the stuff the members here say and sometimes it takes him a couple weeks to go that far, when he's desperate for ratings.

Read post 27??

It's more the style of the different networks that I like. I used to watch Fox News a lot. They criticized Obama rightly on most things and I agreed with most of their critiques at the time, but when Trump goes and does the same thing the last two years and they think he's the greatest President ever??? Please... :roll: I'll give them credit though, they kicked Trump in his big fat butt last week when he caved on the wall/shutdown mess. Though, it was two years too late.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good thing Fox News has that much pull to change a President's mind. Obama certainly didn't do things because Maddow told him what to do.

Yes, I read that post.
Don Lemon is a racist and sits right behind Chris in trying to bend the narrative to his own ends. You also display that the should be uncivil with members of the opposition. So you're actively wanting some form of hate to be passed on there like it was a torch in a relay for some reason.

I haven't seen any reason to believe that Trump does anything at the behest of either journalist. Be them on the right, or left and fox remaining critical of Trump even though they've been his supporters. Is more of a reason to believe them, than a group of people who have been helping to fuel this hate against the administration and it's supporters for some time now.

A lot of Fox News watchers are old..........and dying off....MSNBC no doubt was helped by that....Still good to see

Yes, I read that post.
Don Lemon is a racist and sits right behind Chris in trying to bend the narrative to his own ends. You also display that the should be uncivil with members of the opposition. So you're actively wanting some form of hate to be passed on there like it was a torch in a relay for some reason.

I haven't seen any reason to believe that Trump does anything at the behest of either journalist. Be them on the right, or left and fox remaining critical of Trump even though they've been his supporters. Is more of a reason to believe them, than a group of people who have been helping to fuel this hate against the administration and it's supporters for some time now.

He schedules his whole day around and about the media. He's been doing it in nyc since the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He schedules his whole day around and about the media. He's been doing it in nyc since the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen no indication of this, do you mind posting a citation?

MSNBC's ratings are of no importance.

Just shows how naïve many TV viewers are.

A big orchid to those viewers who (like me) NEVER, EVER watch that channel. They will not have their minds contaminated by fake news.

Wow. I knew Maddow was raking in the numbers but those other guys are holding their own. Is the news businesses dominated by a mean mean world dominated by right wing hate? Well maybe not so much now. It's good to have a little competition. *cough* free market *cough*

MSNBC IS THE #1 CABLE NEWS NETWORK FOR WEEK OF DEC. 17, BEATING FOX NEWS FOR 1ST TIME IN 17 YEARS

Government Shutdown Coverage Pushes MSNBC To Big Win Over Fox News

Everyone at FOX was probably on Christmas vacation..... Hence Madcow gets a higher rating.
First time in 17 years... Merry Christmas MSNBC! :)

Meh, it is nice to have choices.

Wow. I knew Maddow was raking in the numbers but those other guys are holding their own. Is the news businesses dominated by a mean mean world dominated by right wing hate? Well maybe not so much now. It's good to have a little competition. *cough* free market *cough*

MSNBC IS THE #1 CABLE NEWS NETWORK FOR WEEK OF DEC. 17, BEATING FOX NEWS FOR 1ST TIME IN 17 YEARS

Government Shutdown Coverage Pushes MSNBC To Big Win Over Fox News

I still can't watch Maddow. I don't like the format of her show at all. I do watch Chris Hayes and Chris Matthews regularly now, and I also like The Beat.

Fox News has been cautiously testing the waters by opposing Trump on some issues, and the result was predictable.
The moment they stopped kow-towing to him one hundred percent, viewers started writing and calling in, promising that they were done with the network.

I said many times that Fox might be forced to move more to the center or center-Right in the next few years. Had Sinclair won their proposed 73% market penetration with the acquisition of a hundred or so Tribune stations, they most likely would have started up their own Sinclair Cable News Network and they would have OBLITERATED the Fox News dominance of right wing viewership in a hot second.

But that's not the only force at work on the Murdoch empire. His kids, who are exercising more and more control of the family business, are not Trump fans. They're not liberals by any stretch but they are not on the same page as the elder Murdoch, and even the old man has begun to sour on the Orange Man Baby.
Thus the Murdoch family has been expecting the minor glitch in Fox's ratings. There was nowhere else to go.

It is going to be a very interesting next few months.

One reason Fox doesn't completely dominate right wing viewers is the growth of OAN. Since I changed from Cablevision to
Verizon Fios which carries OAN I rarlely watch Fox + viewers of Fox Financial with Lou Dobbs & Elizabeth MacDonald takes
many away from Fox News. For me Fox is #3 on the right wing totem pole, they don't have that monopoly among that
segment anymore.

MSNBC's ratings are of no importance.

Just shows how naïve many TV viewers are.

A big orchid to those viewers who (like me) NEVER, EVER watch that channel. They will not have their minds contaminated by fake news.

Lots of Fox Viewers are old and and dying off...They aren't watching any channel...LOL

So?

It's a word...

They find it offensive having originated or been coined in the circus. They don't want to be called that. But you must be a dick to them, huh? Why are you driven to be an asshole to people asking merely to be called what they call themselves. Is there not the slightest decency to be considered?

Oh well, some people just don't give a damn if they **** on people. That's how they are. Gotta feed the hate.

FOX made a BIG mistake getting rid of Bill O'Reilly.

One reason Fox doesn't completely dominate right wing viewers is the growth of OAN. Since I changed from Cablevision to
Verizon Fios which carries OAN I rarlely watch Fox + viewers of Fox Financial with Lou Dobbs & Elizabeth MacDonald takes
many away from Fox News. For me Fox is #3 on the right wing totem pole, they don't have that monopoly among that
segment anymore.

As of August 2017, One America News Network reached 35 million homes. When they say "reached", they're saying that it is available. The actual ratings tell a different story, or they would if they could even be measured.

OAN didn't even reach enough of an audience to place in the Basic Cable Ranker ratings sheet.

They find it offensive having originated or been coined in the circus. They don't want to be called that.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. -- One can't control others; one can only control oneself.

But you must be a dick to them, huh?
I've never met a midget before. I have no issues with midgets.

Why are you driven to be an asshole to people asking merely to be called what they call themselves. Is there not the slightest decency to be considered?
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. -- One can't control others; one can only control oneself.

Oh well, some people just don't give a damn if they **** on people.

That's how they are. Gotta feed the hate.

Back
Top Bottom