• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC: Senate Intel Committee Subpoenas Michael Cohen to Testify Mid-Feb

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is breaking news on MSNBC. The Senate Intelligence committee has subpoenaed Michael Cohen to secure his testimony mid-March. Not testifying was 'not an option' according to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Personally I don't think he should be testifying, this could be a double-edge sword for Democrats because the Republicans are going to rip Cohen to shreds and make his testimony look like nothing more than more lies.

About the 'threats' that Cohen has claimed towards his wife and children -- I can only add that I remember the words of Michael Cohen recorded to Daily Beast reporter, Tim Mack.

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very ****ing lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be ****ing disgusting. You understand me?”

This is breaking news on MSNBC. The Senate Intelligence committee has subpoenaed Michael Cohen to secure his testimony mid-March. Not testifying was 'not an option' according to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Personally I don't think he should be testifying, this could be a double-edge sword for Democrats because the Republicans are going to rip Cohen to shreds and make his testimony look like nothing more than more lies.

About the 'threats' that Cohen has claimed towards his wife and children -- I can only add that I remember the words of Michael Cohen recorded to Daily Beast reporter, Tim Mack.

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very ****ing lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be ****ing disgusting. You understand me?”

Mid-March or Mid-February?

In mid-March, he'll be in jail, but I suppose they could drag him out in chains for a day.

They have never once complained about the use of snitches to take down higher-up criminals. Any attempt to say Cohen should not be believed because of lies is, itself, a lie.

:shrug:

It's just as it has been for the last 15ish years: lie/deny/deflect, *GET* the Hated Liberals.

In mid-March, he'll be in jail, but I suppose they could drag him out in chains for a day.

Prisoners are brought in to testify all the time. Look at Manafort. I heard yesterday that one of the reasons he keeps asking to be excused from attending his hearings is because he'd have to get up really early. Apparently this time the judge said tough cookies set your alarm. :lol:

Prisoners are brought in to testify all the time. Look at Manafort. I heard yesterday that one of the reasons he keeps asking to be excused from attending his hearings is because he'd have to get up really early. Apparently this time the judge said tough cookies set your alarm. :lol:

I hadn't heard that one.
He also had is attorney's request (again) that he be allowed to wear a suit instead of his official Trump Campaign orange jail jumper.
Maybe this time he'll have both shoes.

Who is it that Cohen claims are threatening him and his family? And he is using that as a reason not to testify? If this guy wants us to believe he is about to tell the truth, he has a funny way of showing it.

Not testifying IS an option. Cohen will be in prison in early March. With Trump/Giuliani threatening family, I'd tell the Senate GOP to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

The House will need to subpoena Cohen. Having Cohen testify only in front of a legislative body controlled by Republicans where they will get to set the agenda is a big mistake.

Who is it that Cohen claims are threatening him and his family? And he is using that as a reason not to testify? If this guy wants us to believe he is about to tell the truth, he has a funny way of showing it.

I haven’t a clue if the threats are real or if Cohen believes they are real. But if he does believe they are real, he isn’t going to name them. He doesn’t strike me as a brave man. And even if he was a brave man, risking your own life and risking your family’s life are two VERY different things.

But again, I don’t know if he is sincere or not.

Trump and Giuliani.

Trump said:
“'Michael Cohen asks judge for no Prison Time,'” Trump began. “You mean he can do all of the TERRIBLE, unrelated to Trump, things having to do with fraud, big loans, Taxis, etc., and not serve a long prison term? He makes up stories to get a GREAT & ALREADY reduced deal for himself, and get..... his wife and father-in-law (who has the money?) off Scott Free.”

Kevin Corke, @FoxNews “Don’t forget, Michael Cohen has already been convicted of perjury and fraud, and as recently as this week, the Wall Street Journal has suggested that he may have stolen tens of thousands of dollars….” Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2019
More recently, Giuliani, appearing on Jake Tapper’s Sunday Beltway show, got asked if Trump’s repeated remarks about Cohen’s father-in-law could be construed as an attempt to intimidate a witness.
Giuliani responded that Cohen’s father-in-law is Ukranian, which Tapper said was not a crime. Giuliani added that Cohen’s father-in-law has “millions and millions of dollars” and “he may have ties to organized crime” without elaborating.

Attacking his credibility, or intimidation, threats? Coming from the President of the United States broadcasting it on social media. Sure, nothing wrong with that to Trump nutters.

Trump and Giuliani

They have never once complained about the use of snitches to take down higher-up criminals. Any attempt to say Cohen should not be believed because of lies is, itself, a lie.

:shrug:
If Cohen wants to change his testimony and be believed, he will need to bring forth some sort of evidence to back up his new testimony. Otherwise, 'I was lying before but an telling the truth now' isnt all that convincing.

It's just as it has been for the last 15ish years: lie/deny/deflect, *GET* the Hated Liberals.
Not sure what triggered this nonsense, but the Senate Intel Committee is run by republicans so this isnt about 'getting the hated liberals.' Dont be so paranoid.

Sorry, Mid March. But yes, they could also have him appear while he's in prison. They'll get him out for a day to testify if need be. But it's mid-March. Sorry for that, I was typing fast

Trump and Giuliani.

Attacking his credibility, or intimidation, threats? Coming from the President of the United States broadcasting it on social media. Sure, nothing wrong with that to Trump nutters.

First of all, Cohen claimed his wife and children were being threatened and nothing in your post mentions them. Plus, where is the threat? And why is Trump not allowed to respond?

I haven’t a clue if the threats are real or if Cohen believes they are real. But if he does believe they are real, he isn’t going to name them. He doesn’t strike me as a brave man. And even if he was a brave man, risking your own life and risking your family’s life are two VERY different things.

But again, I don’t know if he is sincere or not.

Im not buying for a second that his wife and kids are in any danger from his testimony to the Senate. Its bull****

Not testifying IS an option. Cohen will be in prison in early March. With Trump/Giuliani threatening family, I'd tell the Senate GOP to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Easy to say because you aren't Michael Cohen. If he refuses to comply with the subpoena he could receive a citation for contempt of Congress. That would add a year or so prison time to his sentence. The same goes for any one of Trump's cabinet, staff or family member that receives a subpoena from Congress. They can be cited for contempt and fight it in the courts, but ultimately they will have to comply or be subjected to being arrested for contempt.

Would you still tell Congress to 'shove it' and go to prison for a year?

First of all, Cohen claimed his wife and children were being threatened and nothing in your post mentions them. Plus, where is the threat? And why is Trump not allowed to respond?

First of all, my response did include Cohen's wife, as remarked on by Trump, you just missed it. It was even bolded.
.. his wife and father-in-law (who has the money?) off Scott Free.”

You want me to do all your work for you in understand basic facts of all these Cohen related matters?

Even more wife stuff:
Referring to Cohen, the president asked, “Did he make a deal to keep his father-in-law out? Did he make a deal to keep his wife, who supposedly, maybe I’m wrong, but you can check it, did he make keep – make a deal to keep his wife out of trouble?

Now, do you have a quote from cohen about his children so we can see it?

Cohen's friend did remark about his kids:
Cohen friend Donny Deutsch, an advertising executive, said that Cohen has been increasingly worried that Trump would retaliate against him by further attacking his family if he testified.
“He was panicked. He was like ‘He’s going after my father-in-law. Are my children next?’” Deutsch said on MSNBC on January 18. Deutsch said Cohen told him “you have no idea what this man is capable of”.

Are they next Fletch?

You are referring to a court hearing that involves the person in prison.

If Cohen wants to change his testimony and be believed, he will need to bring forth some sort of evidence to back up his new testimony. Otherwise, 'I was lying before but an telling the truth now' isnt all that convincing.

Not sure what triggered this nonsense, but the Senate Intel Committee is run by republicans so this isnt about 'getting the hated liberals.' Dont be so paranoid.

Not to mention Lanny Davis, who has a sordid history, is his lawyer.

First of all, my response did include Cohen's wife, as remarked on by Trump, you just missed it. It was even bolded.

You want me to do all your work for you in understand basic facts of all these Cohen related matters?

Even more wife stuff:

Are they next Fletch?

LOL. You have to be beyond gullible to put together a post like that and even worse to believe it. His wife and children are in no danger. Cohen is lying.

LOL. You have to be beyond gullible to put together a post like that and even worse to believe it. His wife and children are in no danger. Cohen is lying.

Historically cultists are very quick to respond with death threats to those they deem disloyal to their supreme master.

Of course they are in danger, I'm surprised they are not in witness protection...

Historically cultists are very quick to respond with death threats to those they deem disloyal to their supreme master.

Of course they are in danger, I'm surprised they are not in witness protection...

I think that the intimidation of these people in the news is much more common that anyone knows but we don't hear about those threats and rants because people are out of control these days and those things, if made public, would only encourage more nuts to do the same. The FBI must be extremely busy following up on all the threats.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/death-threats-against-members-of-congress-skyrocketing-says-report

Death threats against members of Congress skyrocketing, says report

According to the House Sergeant of Arms Office, the number of threats against members of Congress are skyrocketing. So far this year, the office said there have been more than 1,600 threats against members of the House alone. Last year, there were nearly 2,000 reported incidents and 902 in 2016.

For the past two years, the committee that oversees security for House members, allocated $25,000 for security to each of the 435 members of the House of Representatives. Some House members have bought body armor, hired armed security guards or beefed up security at their offices.

The Senate Sergeant at Arms Office said it does not release data pertaining to threats to U.S. senators.

Really? What do you know about it?

Thats just stupid, but hardly surprising that you believe it though.

Even more wife stuff:

Are they next Fletch?

You shouldn't have to be his teacher, but since he refuses to read and understand what you present to him.....:roll:

Back
Top Bottom