• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC: Senate Intel Committee Subpoenas Michael Cohen to Testify Mid-Feb

LOL. You have to be beyond gullible to put together a post like that and even worse to believe it. His wife and children are in no danger. Cohen is lying.

Fletch's record in this thread:
- claimed not to know who threatened Cohen - informed with quotes/sources
- claimed those quoted lines from Trump/Giuliani didn't include Cohen's wife - one did, corrected
- claimed instead that it also included his children - didn't quote it, but he was shown that a friend of Cohen asked if his kids were next - corrected

Now you're indirectly claiming I'm gullible?

you're 0/3 in terms of facts, just with me in this one thread. Based on your record in other threads, your posts clearly have no credibility.

Keep up the angst Fletch.

Fletch's record in this thread:
- claimed not to know who threatened Cohen - informed with quotes/sources
- claimed those quoted lines from Trump/Giuliani didn't include Cohen's wife - one did, corrected
- claimed instead that it also included his children - didn't quote it, but he was shown that a friend of Cohen asked if his kids were next - corrected

Now you're indirectly claiming I'm gullible?

you're 0/3 in terms of facts, just with me in this one thread. Based on your record in other threads, your posts clearly have no credibility.

Keep up the angst Fletch.

Further proof that Fletch is a marginalized poster here, he won't take the time to read and understand something, rather he just makes endless trolling posts and acts ignorant about it, then moves the goalposts and starts all over.

No credibility...

Really? What do you know about it?

Thats just stupid, but hardly surprising that you believe it though.

I was an elected official at a time a very sensitive bill was proposed.

Although I personally never was directly threatened I knew many who were as well as their family members...

Hell people on these very pages have openly threatened civil war if Trump is Impeached.

Really? What do you know about it?

Thats just stupid, but hardly surprising that you believe it though.

This is the frickin Russian mob they are messing with of course they are in danger.

Particularly when. You have trump and Giuliani publicly threatening him a d making the same kind requests (although somewhat more veiled) for Russia to get I solved just as trump did with Hillarys emails.

I hadn't heard that one.
He also had is attorney's request (again) that he be allowed to wear a suit instead of his official Trump Campaign orange jail jumper.
Maybe this time he'll have both shoes.

I missed the thing about the shoes but know he showed up court with no socks because the jail only issues white socks and he doesn't like white socks. :lol:

So you don't think the courts can have Cohen brought in once he steps into custody?

What? :doh

We aren't talking about courts here. Besides, I already acknowledged that Congress very well could bring him in after he enters prison.

Are you just trying to pick a fight with me or are you really clueless what is being talked about?

Dismissed.

I missed the thing about the shoes but know he showed up court with no socks because the jail only issues white socks and he doesn't like white socks. :lol:
lol. Maybe it was socks, I heard it second hand from my wife. That Manafort is a card.
It's too bad these guys are so crooked, some of them are kind of funny in a shady sort of way. I kind of get the white socks thing in general,but I doubt I'd ever refuse to wear them in that way!

This is breaking news on MSNBC. The Senate Intelligence committee has subpoenaed Michael Cohen to secure his testimony mid-March. Not testifying was 'not an option' according to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Personally I don't think he should be testifying, this could be a double-edge sword for Democrats because the Republicans are going to rip Cohen to shreds and make his testimony look like nothing more than more lies.

About the 'threats' that Cohen has claimed towards his wife and children -- I can only add that I remember the words of Michael Cohen recorded to Daily Beast reporter, Tim Mack.

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very ****ing lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be ****ing disgusting. You understand me?”

He was a thug for Trump to do Trump’s dirty work. He lied, got caught and is now paying the price and now wants to atone. If his testimony is not public will we ever know the truth? I doubt it.

He was a thug for Trump to do Trump’s dirty work. He lied, got caught and is now paying the price and now wants to atone. If his testimony is not public will we ever know the truth? I doubt it.

I'm not positive, but what I've heard is that the Senate will hear his testimony and that will be conducted in private. After that, the House Intel Committee will hear those portions of his testimony that are not under seal, those things that concern the Russia investigation. Things change hourly unlike the past two years when things changed monthly then weekly. It seems that everything is coming to a head all at once.

What? :doh

We aren't talking about courts here. Besides, I already acknowledged that Congress very well could bring him in after he enters prison.

Are you just trying to pick a fight with me or are you really clueless what is being talked about?

Dismissed.

My initial reply was to this comment by you:

Mid-March or Mid-February?

In mid-March, he'll be in jail, but I suppose they could drag him out in chains for a day.

All I did was point out that prisoners do it all the time, including manafort. Then you turned around and said:

You are referring to a court hearing that involves the person in prison.

I was fairly sure that point had already been made, unless you disagreed.

But hey knock your socks off.

lol. Maybe it was socks, I heard it second hand from my wife. That Manafort is a card.
It's too bad these guys are so crooked, some of them are kind of funny in a shady sort of way. I kind of get the white socks thing in general,but I doubt I'd ever refuse to wear them in that way!

I thought it was a stupid thing to be whiny about, but between that and his thinking he shouldn't have to get up early, it sounds like he hasn't comprehended where he is and who makes his choices for him now.

I thought it was a stupid thing to be whiny about, but between that and his thinking he shouldn't have to get up early, it sounds like he hasn't comprehended where he is and who makes his choices for him now.

I shamefully snicker every time I see Manafort now, and hear him fussing about wanting to wear a suit, etc. He does very much seem to be in his own little world, where he's a high-rolling playa, and the world is his oyster. His ostrich jacket, hearing about how materialistic he was.. It's funny too because he and Stone, former colleagues right out of school, both are political dirty tricksters and manipulators...swamp kings,both worked for Trump, etc. Stone is gonna lie to defend his dealings with Russia on the emails, and may if he's lucky, just get hit with false statements and obstruction, for lying. Manafort had so many charges against him...his choice to "lie" to cover up Trump, carried incredible personal risk to him in the form of an enormous amount of jail time. They took the same approach but damn Manafort had SO much more on the table to lose.

Now, will Trump pardon him on the way out? That seems like a huge gamble. But if not, boy, the pinnacle of Manaforts "'I'm oblivious" attitude will have cost him literally the rest of his life.

Back
Top Bottom