• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC Host: Detroit is becoming the most libertarian city in the US

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Is he on crack?

Is he on crack?

No. If he were on crack he would have an excuse for the blatant flow of misinformation coming out of his mouth. But this is just stupidity coupled with a desire to shift the blame of 60 year long continuous democrat line of mayors.

Top comment on youtube:
cklin11 2 hours ago
"MSNBC host going full retard"

Is he on crack?

Of course, those that work for MSNBC are paid in crack.

Only a true moron would believe anything someone on MSNBC says.

it will be good for the detroit pistons

Just think of all the billions of dollars pissed away all over the world to countries that for the most part hate us.
We could have saved Detroit with some of that money.

I have no problem with the federal government helping Detroit with 1 condition--the complete elimination of public employee pensions. Turn the existing plan over to a third party trustee for management based upon whatever money is actually in it; replace it with a traditional pay as you go IRA system; and put all the money you want into the city. I don't think the government taking abandoned land and banking it as a quid pro quo is necessarily a bad idea. The jobs programs for so many low/no skilled people would be to demolish the collapsing buildings. The "Please don't take our art" thing is kind of silly though.

This is some of the greatest spin I have ever heard. In fairness though it has only been under democratic control for 50 years not the aforementioned 60 years.

Just think of all the billions of dollars pissed away all over the world to countries that for the most part hate us.

WE are not responsible for Detroit. WE did not partake in the corruption that ruined a once great city.

WE are not responsible for Detroit. WE did not partake in the corruption that ruined a once great city.
So those billions going all over the world while US cities fail and fall is ok with you?

So those billions going all over the world while US cities fail and fall is ok with you?

Thats not what I said. I said WE are not responsible for Detroit. I am all for eliminating foreign aid, but not so we can direct it to other corrupt government beauracrats.

Thats not what I said. I said WE are not responsible for Detroit. I am all for eliminating foreign aid, but not so we can direct it to other corrupt government beauracrats.
I would rather it go to corrupt US governmetn beauracrats that we can arrest and put on trial, then corrupt beauracrats we can not touch.

Why, so they could piss that away too? Enough is never enough for politicians in places like Detroit and California. Oops, I almost forgot our federally elected officials as well.

Saw this the other day ... things that make you go oh yeah ...

obama detroit.jpg

Is he on crack?

Ari Melber? Ari Melber? Who the hell is Ari Melber? He's even unknown for MSNBC.
Listened to it twice.
Didn't hear a justification for the tossed off Libertarian claim on either listening.
Guess it was one of those things they say when they know ain't no one there to challenge 'im.

No. If he were on crack he would have an excuse for the blatant flow of misinformation coming out of his mouth. But this is just stupidity coupled with a desire to shift the blame of 60 year long continuous democrat line of mayors.

Top comment on youtube:
cklin11 2 hours ago
"MSNBC host going full retard"

Get your facts straight.

From 1950 through 61 two different Republicans were mayor of Detroit. And it was during that time that Detroit began its slide and lost 10% of its 1.8 million population. So if it partisan blame you want to hand out - start with the start of your 60 year arbitrary time period and start with two Republicans.

the other thing you may want to learn about is that Detroit races for mayor are NON PARTISAN. Nobody runs on a party designation. Its not hard to know which party a person affiliates with - but its been that way for almost a century now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_Detroit

read and learn

Last edited:
The Federal government destroyed Detroit by destroying the US auto industry. Then, as unemployment rose and poverty grew, the local government swung to the radical left.

The Federal government destroyed Detroit by destroying the US auto industry. Then, as unemployment rose and poverty grew, the local government swung to the radical left.

The automotive industry destroyed itself, not the Fed.

Excuse me? No he is not on crack!

Of course not. "Crack is whack."

whitney-houston-crack-is-whack-o.gif

No, he is not on crack, listen to what he said beginning at the 0:36 mark.

I'm already unsure how many facepalms this deserves, so please don't add it.

Back
Top Bottom