• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC doesn’t need a laugh track

Apparently the OP clip partially relates to ”lies like the laptop actually belonging to Hunter Biden?”

How many of you agree MSNBC does not need a laugh track?

How many of you found Melber’s commentary funny?

This is beyond comedy and has hit a new level of absurdity.

Yes, just imagine if something like that were to happen …

have you watched Tucker lately????!!! LOL.

You on Twitter, parser?
I am a computer illiterate old man (85) who still has only a flip phone, let alone the ability to post at something called Twitter.

But I hear that Mr. Bezos who owns the woke Washington Post is terrified that Twitter might soon allow more freedom of speech, which apparently terrifies woke Dems.

Hear tell some celebrities are threatening to leave Twitter. Don't let the door ...

How does Elon Musk’s impending purchase of Twitter and privatizing it affect Hunter Biden and his controversial laptop?

Why would Ari Melber or anyone else question Musk’s ability or underlying motives to set Twitter up as an equal opportunity purveyor/platform for the exchange of written thoughts by Twitter users?

Did any of you watch the OP clip then laugh at Melber‘s commentary? I didn’t find it funny.

So what if Musk called a British caver a “pedo guy”. Vernon Unsworth sued Musk for defamation. An American jury took less than an hour to return a unanimous jury in Musk’s favor.

If the deal goes through as published, congratulations to Twitter stockholders! I wish I held some shares. I’ve already lost 6-figures in the market since Thanksgiving.
Depends on the price they paid.

Apparently the OP clip partially relates to ”lies like the laptop actually belonging to Hunter Biden?”

How many of you agree MSNBC does not need a laugh track?

How many of you found Melber’s commentary funny?
I didn't watch it.

I didn't watch it.
Melber does not mention Hunter Biden or Hunter’s laptop. Melber expresses concern that Musk‘s control of Twitter might adversely affect the integrity of our American election processes.

Melber does not mention Hunter Biden or Hunter’s laptop. Melber expresses concern that Musk‘s control of Twitter might adversely affect the integrity of our American election processes.
Thanks. Was it funny, as was asserted by the OP?

I know that. But a whole bunch of people paid more than $54.20.
Twitter’s price per share briefly exceeded $52 on Monday, closing at $51.70, highest closing value in about five months.

I have to do some ”selling off’ this week, somewhere in the 25-40K range, for a property renovation project.

Twitter’s price per share briefly exceeded $52 on Monday, closing at $51.70, highest closing value in about five months.

I have to do some ”selling off’ this week, somewhere in the 25-40K range, for a property renovation project.
I'm not sure what you're point is.

The real absurdity with this Twitter and Musk fiasco is how quickly everyone abandons free market principles (as well as several other principles) when it no longer suits them.

Musk has every right to buy Twitter, Twitter has every right to organize the sale. Assuming all goes through including privatizing Twitter, Musk has every right to change terms and conditions inviting back whoever the hell he wants to. Those previously kicked off the platform may or may not come back, that is up to them.

However, you have every right to stay or leave the platform no matter what Twitter and/or Musk does.

Given the lackluster successes of Truth Social and GETTR the risk for Musk is going too far with the idea and turning Twitter into the next arguably conservative leaning social media failure. Free market principles still apply, assuming there is demand for an alternative to Twitter someone will step forward and fulfill that demand assuming enough leave.

Why are these things so difficult for so many to grasp?
It's hard to grasp because political discourse these days is so fluid and each party are hypocrits who change stances based upon the direction the wind is blowing.

You're assuming that they still hold the stock. There's no way to know that.
I don’t have much choice but to make assumptions. I don’t study the financial markets for short term gain.
I pulled about $1MIL out of the market the past year, most of it “sell offs” of S&P Index Admiral shares for real estate purchases and renovation.

Excluding mortgage income, a brokerage manages about half my market investments. Not happy with their last year’s performance or the 33 pages of 1099s sent to me.

Back
Top Bottom