• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC doesn’t need a laugh track

The real absurdity with this Twitter and Musk fiasco is how quickly everyone abandons free market principles (as well as several other principles) when it no longer suits them.

Musk has every right to buy Twitter, Twitter has every right to organize the sale. Assuming all goes through including privatizing Twitter, Musk has every right to change terms and conditions inviting back whoever the hell he wants to. Those previously kicked off the platform may or may not come back, that is up to them.

However, you have every right to stay or leave the platform no matter what Twitter and/or Musk does.

Given the lackluster successes of Truth Social and GETTR the risk for Musk is going too far with the idea and turning Twitter into the next arguably conservative leaning social media failure. Free market principles still apply, assuming there is demand for an alternative to Twitter someone will step forward and fulfill that demand assuming enough leave.

Why are these things so difficult for so many to grasp?
What evidence do you have that tells you Musk could go too far and make Twitter “conservative leaning?”

What evidence do you have that tells you Musk could go too far and make Twitter “conservative leaning?”

I said risk and I added the context of why, read it again.

You can see in his eye blinks that he knows everythign he is saying is just incredibly, outrageously, mindlessly bullshit and hypocritical.

The real absurdity with this Twitter and Musk fiasco is how quickly everyone abandons free market principles (as well as several other principles) when it no longer suits them.

Musk has every right to buy Twitter, Twitter has every right to organize the sale. Assuming all goes through including privatizing Twitter, Musk has every right to change terms and conditions inviting back whoever the hell he wants to. Those previously kicked off the platform may or may not come back, that is up to them.

However, you have every right to stay or leave the platform no matter what Twitter and/or Musk does.

Given the lackluster successes of Truth Social and GETTR the risk for Musk is going too far with the idea and turning Twitter into the next arguably conservative leaning social media failure. Free market principles still apply, assuming there is demand for an alternative to Twitter someone will step forward and fulfill that demand assuming enough leave.

Why are these things so difficult for so many to grasp?
Exactly. I'm thinking Musk has bitten off more than he can chew. Unless his plan is to sell the company.

How does Elon Musk’s impending purchase of Twitter and privatizing it affect Hunter Biden and his controversial laptop?

Why would Ari Melber or anyone else question Musk’s ability or underlying motives to set Twitter up as an equal opportunity purveyor/platform for the exchange of written thoughts by Twitter users?

Did any of you watch the OP clip then laugh at Melber‘s commentary? I didn’t find it funny.

So what if Musk called a British caver a “pedo guy”. Vernon Unsworth sued Musk for defamation. An American jury took less than an hour to return a unanimous jury in Musk’s favor.

If the deal goes through as published, congratulations to Twitter stockholders! I wish I held some shares. I’ve already lost 6-figures in the market since Thanksgiving.

Anything is possible. Why do you think that possibility is worthy of comment?

Because Musk is not doing all this for no reason, agree with him or not you cannot be that naive to the potential.

How does Elon Musk’s impending purchase of Twitter and privatizing it affect Hunter Biden and his controversial laptop?

Why would Ari Melber or anyone else question Musk’s ability or underlying motives to set Twitter up as an equal opportunity purveyor/platform for the exchange of written thoughts by Twitter users?

Did any of you watch the OP clip then laugh at Melber‘s commentary? I didn’t find it funny.

So what if Musk called a British caver a “pedo guy”. Vernon Unsworth sued Musk for defamation. An American jury took less than an hour to return a unanimous jury in Musk’s favor.

If the deal goes through as published, congratulations to Twitter stockholders! I wish I held some shares. I’ve already lost 6-figures in the market since Thanksgiving.
Just when I thought the thread couldn’t get better.

Many people watch MSNBC because it is their comfort blanket.

They hear what they want to hear.

The New York Times was the best example of that during the Trump years.

Hear tell, that rag is making a decision to return to the middle.

Yeah! Just imagine if Twitter allows freedom of speech. Oh, the horror!
You on Twitter, parser?

This is beyond comedy and has hit a new level of absurdity.

Yes, just imagine if something like that were to happen …

I've seen much worse hyper partisanship on MSNBC, and I avoid some shows there, but this is the worst you could find?

I've seen much worse hyper partisanship on MSNBC, and I avoid some shows there, but this is the worst you could find?
You have to admit it’s funny. It’s as clueless a bit of commentary as you’re likely to find on this story.

Whoever that tool was on that video from MSNBC. He sure made a great case for election fraud as we know that is exactly what the MSM has done with turning those dials!

You have to admit it’s funny. It’s as clueless a bit of commentary as you’re likely to find on this story.
It's at least premature hair-on-fire, yeah. I have discovered a useful way of dealing with Twitter, I've never used it or followed it.

Back
Top Bottom