• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC Doesn’t Air White House Press Briefing

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-doesnt-air-white-house-press-briefing/

MSNBC did not air Tuesday's White House press briefing live as it has throughout the Trump administration, cutting in for only a moment regarding a question about Paul Manafort.

The briefing began at 1:35 p.m. Eastern Time and lasted about 45 minutes, with economic adviser Larry Kudlow and National Security Adviser John Bolton speaking to reporters in addition to press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

MSNBC anchor Chris Jansing noted at the top of the 2 p.m. hour that the briefing was underway, but her program continued with its usual guests.

I don't blame them. All Huck-a-iie does is mislead. No one's missing anything.

It's about time.

I'm of two minds on this.

1) No reason to broadcast the obvious lies the Trump administration tells
2) No reason to let the Trump administration off the hook because it lies all the time

2) No reason to let the Trump administration off the hook because it lies all the time

Regardless of whether it's broadcast in its entirety, I'm sure MSNBC has a recording of each briefing so if anything newsworthy arises, they can air the tape.

**** it.

If Trump doesn't want the media to cover him, give him his wish. It's better than becoming FOX, or giving his well documented deception a megaphone.

Odd,

MSNBC is a corporation. Corporations are unfeeling entities that only care about profit. So, the White House Press briefing must be bad for business in some way, otherwise they would cover it.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-doesnt-air-white-house-press-briefing/

I don't blame them. All Huck-a-iie does is mislead. No one's missing anything.

this msnbc didnt air something about trump? who would have guessed! lol (laugh out loud)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: MSNBC is an American basic cable and satellite television network that provides news coverage and political commentary from NBC News on current events. MSNBC has a left wing bias in reporting and wording. MSNBC has also made some false claims according to Politifact. (5/13/2016)

Update 7/29/2017: MSNBC has been hiring numerous conservative journalists, reporters and writers over the last year. MSNBC will be re-evaluated to determine if they have indeed moved more toward the right in reporting.

It's like cancer. Ignore it and it will go away.

**** that. Air it and put these lying sacks of **** on blast 24/7.

Donald Trump and every one of his supporters can burn in the hottest pits of hell.

It's like cancer. Ignore it and it will go away.

**** that. Air it and put these lying sacks of **** on blast 24/7.

Donald Trump and every one of his supporters can burn in the hottest pits of hell.

As Lurch said, they have tape in case anything important happens.

Being on blast 24/7 is what Trump wants. Being filtered by grown-ups will burn him more than hell.

Odd,

MSNBC is a corporation. Corporations are unfeeling entities that only care about profit. So, the White House Press briefing must be bad for business in some way, otherwise they would cover it.

Agreed it's all about profit. All the major networks monitor viewership through sampling. If something is boring or otherwise causing viewers to switch channels, they'll switch to another topic. That's why some topics are covered briefly and others are covered extensively. It depends upon the viewers of that station.

FWIW, it's fun to watch any channel at various times of the day and watch the commercials. Not for the commercials themselves, but to see what demographic the advertising is targeting. CNN does a lot of "old people" ads.

Nobody who wants fair reporting and commentary ever watches MSNBC anyway.

So it doesn't matter whether MSNBC covers the press briefings or not.

In fact, MSNBC is an advocate, not a genuine member of the "press."

Nobody who wants fair reporting and commentary ever watches MSNBC anyway.

So it doesn't matter whether MSNBC covers the press briefings or not.

In fact, MSNBC is an advocate, not a genuine member of the "press."
Sounds like you don't watch MSNBC and, therefore, are merely speaking out of your ass. The reality is that MSNBC's news stories are completely factual.

MSNBC usually covers these fact-free briefings. This was an exception (that I hope they repeat.) I often find myself wondering 'why are they covering this?'

if you watch msnbc thats proven to be a left wing propaganda piece... its easy to tell that youre just a drone to one party

Sounds like you don't watch MSNBC and, therefore, are merely speaking out of your ass. The reality is that MSNBC's news stories are completely factual.

hey maddow, check out post number 7 with the facts of msnbc reporting

if you watch msnbc thats proven to be a left wing propaganda piece... its easy to tell that youre just a drone to one party

Yes, and if I float it proves that I'm a witch.

hey maddow, check out post number 7 with the facts of msnbc reporting

I note the last line in your post (#7):
"Update 7/29/2017: MSNBC has been hiring numerous conservative journalists, reporters and writers over the last year. MSNBC will be re-evaluated to determine if they have indeed moved more toward the right in reporting."

In other Administrations the press secretary gave a briefing five days a week and only days about a top story would be shown. The new press secretary with this administration is rare and says so much to say so little. If I was watching MSNBC and the press secretary was on, I would change the channel to watch BBC World News.

Yes, and if I float it proves that I'm a witch.

I note the last line in your post (#7):
"Update 7/29/2017: MSNBC has been hiring numerous conservative journalists, reporters and writers over the last year. MSNBC will be re-evaluated to determine if they have indeed moved more toward the right in reporting."

i see that was the only part your brain could soak in. not the whole "mixed reporting and strong left wing bias".

Odd,

Perhaps they would air it with interjecting journalists to counter lies with truth as each occurs. You know, honest balance. Journalism. A thing of the past, apparently.
/

Perhaps they would air it with interjecting journalists to counter lies with truth as each occurs. You know, honest balance. Journalism. A thing of the past, apparently.
/

If someone is lying, broadcasting the lies accomplishes almost all the goals of the liar. Debunking them only partially addresses the problem, and with some audiences, debunking a lie can often reinforce the lie as true. So it's not that simple. Bottom line is if a news organization knows someone is likely to or going to tell a lie, the "honest" journalist will simply not report on the lies.

It's why the "both sides" debate format of cable news is so toxic and destructive, and a big reason (among many others) I don't watch it really ever except with big, breaking stories. The format sets up a false equivalence - here are two people, one side (the liberal) says X and the other (conservative) says Y, it's up to you dear viewer to pick the side that is most comfortable for you.

They should air the WH briefings and only that! THE ONLY TRUTH IS TRUMP!

(Am I doing this right?)

Back
Top Bottom